Name a fighter heavier than another fighter in the weightclass above (fight night weight)

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Basically name two fighters, where one of them is bigger (in the cage) despite fighting at the weightclass below.

Example: Nikita Krylov 218 at HW - Ovince Saint Preux 220 at LHW.

Basically name two fighters, where one of them is bigger (in the cage) despite fighting at the weightclass below.

Jone jones
Cejudo
Oh, ok appreciate it. Think I'm picking it up now

Amanda Nunes
Dana White

Apparently people don't get it. I get it - I'm just not playing ...

Well here’s a few examples....

Drew Dober LW 183lbs
Stephen Thompson/Neil magney 182lbs WW

Paulo Costa MW 214lbs
Lyoto machida LHW 205lbs

Ryan Hall LW 155lbs
Sheymon Moraes FW 170lbs

The list goes on.

Brock Lesnar fought heavier than Demetrious Johnson, am I doing it right?

Brock Lesnar fought heavier than Demetrious Johnson, am I doing it right?
No.
You'd be doing it right if you'd mention a let's say lightweight, who weighed more on fight night than some welterweight did at fight night.

Jose Aldo > Frankie Edgar?

Renan barao > Jose Aldo?

I don't have the stats but I think so.

Chiesa at lightweight was bigger than Izzy

Khabib was 172lbs on fight night against Dustin. Too lazy to find the source but that makes him slightly above average.... same size as mcgregor at 155 and probably 10 pounds smaller than the biggest lightweights.

Chiesa at lightweight was bigger than Izzy

Holy shit didn’t even realize that... that’s actually insane! Lol

Emmanuel-Yarborough-Nakano.jpg

Example: Nikita Krylov 218 at HW - Ovince Saint Preux 220 at LHW.
Just check my signature, I'm not retyping all that.

Paulo Costa has to be bigger than at least some lightheavies. didn't he weigh 216 in-cage for his last fight? that would make him of similar size as Jon Jones who's cut from 217 more than once. he can't be more than 225 in the cage.

Just check my signature, I'm not retyping all that.
that's fuckin awesome, I've always been curious about this.
how the FUCK did Holloway weigh 178? he looks like a bag of bones even after rehydration / rebulking / whatever. Surprised at Brock's weight as well, seeing as he always talked about being 285 or more.

Last edited:
UFC 232. Ryan Hall fought at lightweight and went to the cage at 156 pounds.

On that same night, there was a women's featherweight match between Megan Anderson(157) and Cat Zingano (156).
There was also a men's featherweight bout between Mendes (160.5) and Volk (166.5)
He was even almost outweighed by a bantamweight. Montel Jackson failed to make weight at 137, but was in the cage at 155

Back