Name a better MMA accomplishment than beating DJ and TJ back to back

Shogun's 2005 GP run: ran through Rampage, Diet Nog, Reem and Arona all in a span of 4 months
I think this could be the literal right answer

runner up could be Sokoudjou > Rogerio + Arona

I think this could be the literal right answer

runner up could be Sokoudjou > Rogerio + Arona
Crazy thing about Shogun's run is it was 4 huge wins in 4 months (Cejudo's 2 wins spanned 5+ months) and the 4 highly ranked LHWs (MW in Pride) were all in their LHW primes with a combined 66-13 prior to facing Shogun

- Page (age 27) was 22-5 with wins over Arona, Liddell, Bustamante, Randleman, Igor
- Diet Nog (age 29) was 11-1 on an 8 fight win streak with wins over Hendo, Reem, Saku, Mezger
- Reem (age 25) was 21-5 coming off 2 straight finishes of Vitor and Igor
- Arona (age 27) was 12-2 with wins over Hendo, Saku, Mezger and had just defeated the champ Wand so he was technically the #1 205er in the world

And iirc Shogun was the underdog in all of those fights

Hendo moving up to beat Vandy back in the day was pretty dope. And HE's the "OG champ champ" not Conor.o_O

Henderson surely did some amazing stuff and rose to the occasion more than once during his career.

Isn't the premises of this thread, naming a fighter who had better wins **BACK TO BACK**? The bolded part is the most important part, yet seems to be the most ignored. But under those premises I can't think of one in recent history, just because both of those guys were the champs that he beat. Usually the GOATs are the champs and just beat up on the challengers, so this is a unique situation.

how about Jones beating Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Rashad, Vitor, Chael, Gus, Glover, and DC in a row.

no fighter can top that.

TJ is laughably overrated tbh, but still creds to cejudo, TJ is lucky the ref stopped it before he fully caved his skull in
No he's not, don't undervalue Cejudo's win, TJ is very good, has a phenomenal resume, and was the bigger guy. Most people gave Cejudo no chance and he demolished TJ

No he's not, don't undervalue Cejudo's win, TJ is very good, has a phenomenal resume, and was the bigger guy. Most people gave Cejudo no chance and he demolished TJ

I personally picked cejudo to beat TJ and I’m sure you did to, I’ve been quite a fan of him for sometime. But TJ is overrated, plain and simple. His wins over Cody are tainted by the fact that he was saved by the bell in the first and Cody displayed pathetically low fight iq, and his fight with 2 year layoff Cruz would have been an embarrassing shut out if Dom didn’t trash his leg. Sure TJ has good wins and is a world class fighter but he’s not close to pound for pound best as many try and claim.

I personally picked cejudo to beat TJ and I’m sure you did to, I’ve been quite a fan of him for sometime. But TJ is overrated, plain and simple. His wins over Cody are tainted by the fact that he was saved by the bell in the first and Cody displayed pathetically low fight iq, and his fight with 2 year layoff Cruz would have been an embarrassing shut out if Dom didn’t trash his leg. Sure TJ has good wins and is a world class fighter but he’s not close to pound for pound best as many try and claim.
I picked TJ, but second guessed myself when I saw how deflated he looked then I was 50/50. A lot of people said Cejudo had no chance and I never understood that, Cejudo is a beast, at this point I'd favor him at 135 but it would be a much closer fight. I think TJ is the second best 135er only behind Dom, that's why this win is insane. He demolished the current best at a division above his own

Back