Name a better MMA accomplishment than beating DJ and TJ back to back

if the MM fight wasnt a split decision, not a robbery but could have gone either way, against a guy that finished him previously it would be the best back to back fights ever in my eyes
Yeah that fight should have been a draw if anything, really just highlighted how inadequate the scoring system is. He fought damn near perfectly against the P4P king and then showed he was dangerous too by demolishing the champ from the weight class above. Really incredible no matter what.

cejudo's a badass. looks like we got a new contender in the p4p discussions.
We need a rubber match with DJ, shows how inept the UFC is that they can't make that happen.

Beating Aldo twice, beating Romero twice, Beating Stipe and being undefeated at HW, going undefeated at HW for 10 years, holding the MW strap for 7 years, running the WW for ages and avenging your only 2 losses, plus many more.

The things you mentioned after the first 2 things are long-term accomplishments.

I think TKO'ing Aldo twice was nuts, but beating 2 different fighters - when one of them is the unquestioned GOAT at his weight class and then demolishing the highly-accomplished champ of the weight class above is very impressive.

Although at the time the starching of Barao back-to-back was just as shocking as what we witnessed tonight.

Weidman beat Silva then beat Silva then beat Machida then beat Belfort. Winner!

Lol at people listing long term accomplishments as counters

The things you mentioned after the first 2 things are long-term accomplishments.

I think TKO'ing Aldo twice was nuts, but beating 2 different fighters - when one of them is the unquestioned GOAT at his weight class and then demolishing the highly-accomplished champ of the weight class above is very impressive.

Although at the time the starching of Barao back-to-back was just as shocking as what we witnessed tonight.
He won a split decision and got an early stoppage. Not even in the same dimension as what I mentioned.

None of those dudes are nearly considered in the GOAT talks. DJ is my GOAT and TJ is at least top 2 BW

GOAT of what? This is where pound for pound is annoying. These dudes weighed 125 on the scale.. 125 bro.. Yikes..

When you say it like that TS. It is pretty bad ass. Goddamn!

WAR Henry

No chance
Taking DC apart and KOing him and Gus >>>>>

Maybe if Cejudo finished DJ too we could have this conversation but Jones finished BOTH

Cejudo BARELY beat DJ
Cejudo just destroyed Tj.. whos easily more skilled than both cormier and gustafsson.
And the DJ fight is close but its not robbery at all.

D.c. Gus ************

* = failed roid test

Cejudo just destroyed Tj.. whos easily more skilled than both cormier and gustafsson.
And the DJ fight is close but its not robbery at all.
Disagree
And I never said it was a robbery
I think Cejudo won against MM but it was close

Jones beat 2 elite fighters and it wasn't close
He took them apart

Jones is the currently the best
It's not close

GOAT of what? This is where pound for pound is annoying. These dudes weighed 125 on the scale.. 125 bro.. Yikes..
Everything as a whole, technique, speed, power, strategy, focus, discipline, etc. Fedor is the baddest man to ever put the gloves on but DJ is the best P4P. These things mean practically nothing though so don't take it too seriously, it's opinion more than anything.

Beating Aldo twice, beating Romero twice, Beating Stipe and being undefeated at HW, going undefeated at HW for 10 years, holding the MW strap for 7 years, running the WW for ages and avenging your only 2 losses, plus many more.

Which UFC Fighter did all of that?

Back