NAGA Worlds 2008

anyone know if they're going to release a list of results/winners anytime soon?

usually it's up within 3 days after the event, but sometimes it can take up to a week

Congradulations to SAM OSMAN from SCHILLING JIU JITSU from Mississauga who won the -225 purple belt division!! Also congrats to everyone who went down from the GTA.

First off. Good job to everyone who competed. Thanks for supporting the sport.

I was supposed to do Teens Beginner Lightweight, but I decided to do Expert Lightweight instead....

Lost my first match on points. Kid shot in, got side for a second before I reversed him, and then he stood up. He was clearly a wrestler, so when he shot in again, I sprawled and nearly got in the anaconda. I was in that position for like 30 seconds, but I couldnt lock it in all the way, and when I went to take his back, he put me on the mat, and mounted. He stayed there for the remaining time period.

I found out that a lot of people that do expert teens are really, really good. I was stupid going in with only 8 months of training, and no wrestling. But hey, at least I didnt sandbag like a lot of other guys! The experience was good. My brother did did well also, and he took home Bronze. My other friend took home silver today as well.

Yesterday we had 1 silver medalist, 2 bronze medalists, and my coach won a belt.

My coach did expert masters, i dont know which weight. He is a purple belt. He DESTROYED ALL OF HIS OPPONENTS. In the finals, he went up against a Serra JJ Black belt, and annihilated him. The guy tried to pull guard at one point, and my coach (Chino Delapena) just pushed him back down. You could see the fight leave the guys face after that.

It was a great event. Next time I will try to do intermediate instead of jumping to expert with some of those wrestlers.

the guy your instructor beat is definitley not a Serra Black Belt. I saw his name on the naga results and i dont know who he is.

mY 5 year old son..got 2nd place in his division....it was his 2nd tournament...man i love watching the kids roll....

Back