NAGA Worlds 2008

that and it happened during the finals but atleast i got 2nd place

I hear you, I still have pain sometimes, and they are sharp now, and bruise the skin easily.

It took me 2-3 month to recover from the Muscle tear. That was far worse than any break, dislocation, or cartilage break. I still remember sneezing and then falling out of a parked car,.,,,

that and it happened during the finals but atleast i got 2nd place

Yeah I think I saw that.

Well I saw somebody competing that looked like they seperated or tore something in their ribs. He was in serious pain.

Don't know if it was you, but assuming it was hope you get better man. And at least you made it to the finals so you know you were doing good before the injury.

was it mobbed like always, usually this tournament is packed

First off. Good job to everyone who competed. Thanks for supporting the sport.

I was supposed to do Teens Beginner Lightweight, but I decided to do Expert Lightweight instead....

Lost my first match on points. Kid shot in, got side for a second before I reversed him, and then he stood up. He was clearly a wrestler, so when he shot in again, I sprawled and nearly got in the anaconda. I was in that position for like 30 seconds, but I couldnt lock it in all the way, and when I went to take his back, he put me on the mat, and mounted. He stayed there for the remaining time period.

I found out that a lot of people that do expert teens are really, really good. I was stupid going in with only 8 months of training, and no wrestling. But hey, at least I didnt sandbag like a lot of other guys! The experience was good. My brother did did well also, and he took home Bronze. My other friend took home silver today as well.

Yesterday we had 1 silver medalist, 2 bronze medalists, and my coach won a belt.

My coach did expert masters, i dont know which weight. He is a purple belt. He DESTROYED ALL OF HIS OPPONENTS. In the finals, he went up against a Serra JJ Black belt, and annihilated him. The guy tried to pull guard at one point, and my coach (Chino Delapena) just pushed him back down. You could see the fight leave the guys face after that.

It was a great event. Next time I will try to do intermediate instead of jumping to expert with some of those wrestlers.

Yeah I think I saw that.

Well I saw somebody competing that looked like they seperated or tore something in their ribs. He was in serious pain.

Don't know if it was you, but assuming it was hope you get better man. And at least you made it to the finals so you know you were doing good before the injury.

Thank you im totally bummed that i wont be able to train for a long time its depressing

was it mobbed like always, usually this tournament is packed

The tournament was packed. There were so many people around the mats; I couldn't even tell I was at a grappling tournament. There was only one side for people to sit down and the venders were on the other side. I had to go to the hallway to sit down. That, and I had to wait six hours after my division was supposed to go, for my bracket to be made.

Oh well. That's NAGA. Competing made everything worth it.

It was fun...next time im cutting down to feather though becuase lightweight had SO many people, was there for 13 hours 8am-9pm.

I competed on Saturday...

I won my first match but it was very close...actually it was tied but I was given the advantage for going for more submissions

My second match I was going to lose by 2 points but I tapped out with 15 seconds left bc I got headbutted to the nose. Hurt like a son of a bitch!! It bled a little but didnt break and it wasnt intentional so there was no DQ....I had a good time, just a lil pissed bc I think I couldnt beaten the guy that beat me....he was just very strong.

Congrats to everyone who competed!!

First off. Good job to everyone who competed. Thanks for supporting the sport.

I was supposed to do Teens Beginner Lightweight, but I decided to do Expert Lightweight instead....

Lost my first match on points. Kid shot in, got side for a second before I reversed him, and then he stood up. He was clearly a wrestler, so when he shot in again, I sprawled and nearly got in the anaconda. I was in that position for like 30 seconds, but I couldnt lock it in all the way, and when I went to take his back, he put me on the mat, and mounted. He stayed there for the remaining time period.

I found out that a lot of people that do expert teens are really, really good. I was stupid going in with only 8 months of training, and no wrestling. But hey, at least I didnt sandbag like a lot of other guys! The experience was good. My brother did did well also, and he took home Bronze. My other friend took home silver today as well.

Yesterday we had 1 silver medalist, 2 bronze medalists, and my coach won a belt.

My coach did expert masters, i dont know which weight. He is a purple belt. He DESTROYED ALL OF HIS OPPONENTS. In the finals, he went up against a Serra JJ Black belt, and annihilated him. The guy tried to pull guard at one point, and my coach (Chino Delapena) just pushed him back down. You could see the fight leave the guys face after that.

It was a great event. Next time I will try to do intermediate instead of jumping to expert with some of those wrestlers.

i wasn't aware that any of serra's black belts were competeing... i mean joey was there, but only to coach his students.

Thank you im totally bummed that i wont be able to train for a long time its depressing

Dude, that sucks. I'm hoping you come back soon. Just rest up though.

Anyway, I might as well get my "idiot of the moment" thing off my chest before it inevitably ends up in a magazine.

The first tournament I was in, I lost on points because I was so timid. I thought everyone else was better than me. So this time, after I won (because I actually had some confidence) I was so happy that I did the freaking Rutten Jump after shaking my opponent's hand. The other guy frankily said "sit down, you look like a clown." I feel like an idiot now, but dammit, winning rocks.

The other guy frankily said "sit down, you look like a clown."
To which you should have responded: "How 'bout I just go eat some hay? I can make things out of clay and lay by the bay, I just may? What do ya say?"

Yeah chino looked like a monster finally let out of his cage, Also adam could have got silver easily if he was in the other side of his bracket, considering he would have tied the guy who got first place if he had 2 more seconds to pull his leg through for side control and the guy who got second lost to the guy who got first by a triangle in about a minute

This is adams skinny, bald headed friend with the bad shoulder btw

And yeah it was pretty funny when the guy telling everyone to sit down said it so much he went from being calm to being angry to just laughing when he told everyone to sit

One of the funnier things i saw at the tourney was i was watching two novice lightweights going at it. and the one kid out wrestles the other and wins by points and he comes off the mat and i see he has two fully cauli-flowered ears, and the losing kids walks over to his dad and says "i think he might have wrestled before".

was fun though, the ref on mat 4 also almost let some kid get choked to death. It got to the point where the kid was out and shaking in the other kids guilliotine and everyone on the side was screaming "He's out dammit". still took the ref 30 seconds to stop it.

Yeah chino looked like a monster finally let out of his cage, Also adam could have got silver easily if he was in the other side of his bracket, considering he would have tied the guy who got first place if he had 2 more seconds to pull his leg through for side control and the guy who got second lost to the guy who got first by a triangle in about a minute

This is adams skinny, bald headed friend with the bad shoulder btw

And yeah it was pretty funny when the guy telling everyone to sit down said it so much he went from being calm to being angry to just laughing when he told everyone to sit

Sup man!

Yea, I agree definetly!

Adam had that, the ref was just stupid. No worries though, you win some, you lose some.

The last time I competed in NAGA, my weight Division was supposed to start @ 1pm.....didn't start until 6:30.

Also I had the other guy in a gogoplata, and he was taping on my ass, and the ref stepped in and the kid said "he didn't tap" and because the ref didn't see it either we restarted the match on the feet and I lost on points because he Sherk'd me. I'm a little biased now. I should have just choked him until he was out.

anyone know if they're going to release a list of results/winners anytime soon?

Back