NAGA Worlds 2008

ttt

good luck everyone

im 150 (at least trying to be) beg. adult

just wonderin not tryni to cause problems, but your youtube info says ur last grapp tourny was over a year ago and ur still going beg at naga?

A quick question, I am interested in participating in the gi and no-gi but I am not involved in actual jiu-jitsu, just no-gi. Can you just buy a gi and white belt and participate without being affiliated with a school?

yesir

I nearly died today weighing in.

I was 161 last night, after a day of barely eating.

I ate nothing today, and drank nothing, and then went to cut weight. Took like 3 hours to get down, and I was nearly off a bit.

The car ride there was death.

But I made it =).

Il be coaching/helping some guys tomorrow, and will compete on Sunday. Good luck everyone! And please, if you are one of the ***ots I saw with UFC hats, go shoot yourself.

150lbs mens intermediate and whitebelt, i'm 19 so this should be interesting

I am driving one of my friends up and I may compete depending on how my knee feels. Adult advanced nogi, blue belt gi. Featherweight.

if anyone here was novice flyweight or bantam, i was the one gushing blood from my head in my second match :redface:

if anyone here was novice flyweight or bantam, i was the one gushing blood from my head in my second match :redface:

Ring 2?

I saw you. I saw Scarolla there too. I couldnt help but chuckle.

just wonderin not tryni to cause problems, but your youtube info says ur last grapp tourny was over a year ago and ur still going beg at naga?

NAGA beginner = 6months to 2 years experience.

OK, who was the dude with the Fat Albert mask on?

Nosebleed? All over your shirtless opponent?

I liked how the ref just rolled up paper towel and jammed it up your nostril.

That must have been pleasant.

I saw you. I saw Scarolla there too. I couldnt help but chuckle.

Hey now, don't be hatin.

OK, who was the dude with the Fat Albert mask on?

LOL is that what its from? I thought it was some nacho libre knockoff or something

Ended up taking the gold in mens beginner 199. I cut about 8-9 lbs, leaving me at 196 when I weighed-in and 200 the morning of the competition. I overcut a little bit but thankfully I was rehydrated just in time.

Looks like next time Ill be getting mauled in the intermediate division! Time to get my bf% down to the single digits; Ill need all the edge I can get.

I lost to the guy who took bronze in 170-179 beginner. My training partner (who I rode down with) ended up winning the silver after beating said guy. Only issue was that I wanted to fight him in the tourney in the semis, for kicks.

Oh well. Onto the Renzo invitational next week.

The other instructor from my school went, Ken Primo www.takedowns101.com

He won the black/brown belt, not sure what the division was, but he weighed in at 175. Beat Alex Vamos in the first match on points, then a Hungarian Judo guy who is also a Yamasaki Black belt in the final.

He also won the mens Expet Nogi at that weight also.

He has vidoes of all his matches, I'll post em when I get em.

One was a armlock on a guy that pulled upside down guard in about 5 seconds.

I lost to the guy who took bronze in 170-179 beginner. My training partner (who I rode down with) ended up winning the silver after beating said guy. Only issue was that I wanted to fight him in the tourney in the semis, for kicks.

Oh well. Onto the Renzo invitational next week.

Chris?

Back