NAGA Worlds 2008

not to be rude, but that's a bunch of BS.

in my opinion the earlier you compete, and the more you compete the better you will be. win or lose you will definitely learn something and undoubtedly gain from the experience. even if they only thing you get out of it is feeling that nervous soaked adrenaline rush for the first time. next time you'll know how to channel it a bit better.

not to mention you're talking about novice. yes, there are always a couple guys that are borderline for the next division, or may even belong more than one division up because they're a phenom, or have more experience or whatever, but you will also be competing against many people with your amount of training or maybe even less.

Agree
icon14.gif

I have 5 ringworms on my body and 103 fever with 9 days left..any adive?

I have 5 ringworms on my body and 103 fever with 9 days left..any adive?

Should take 5 or 6 days to rid yourself of it entirely. Im not sure if lifting weights/doing cardio would impede the recoversy since it's a fungal infection and not a viral. Lamisil is the way to go.

its not exactly something you wanna cut alot of weight for. I would only cut if you were like 1-3...maby even 4 pounds over the next lightest division. Weigh ins are usually the day of, with only a small time window to weigh in the day before.

i started at 157 / 7.2% bf. began to monitor my diet a little closer, control portions, and space out meals better in february, for the grappler's quest that was ultimately canceled. maintained 148ish / 6.5% bf for most of march. right now i'm 143.5 / 6% flat, and i've maintained most of my strength as far as lifting. weigh ins are friday night, and i seem to have that part under control. thanks for the advice, though :)

i started at 157 / 7.2% bf. began to monitor my diet a little closer, control portions, and space out meals better in february, for the grappler's quest that was ultimately canceled. maintained 148ish / 6.5% bf for most of march. right now i'm 143.5 / 6% flat, and i've maintained most of my strength as far as lifting. weigh ins are friday night, and i seem to have that part under control. thanks for the advice, though :)

Are you a teen or an adult?

you were in LW adult purple Mikey? interesting, woulda been neat to see how you did

you were in LW adult purple Mikey? interesting, woulda been neat to see how you did

no, i'm a natural featherweight, and I would have been competing at blue belt for the last time at the pan ams... which is why i was seriously considering competing with one arm and just getting it fixed again after, but i'm now glad i didn't because i didn't realize the severity of the fracture i had, and the irreparable damage i could have caused.

it would have been interesting in the purple belt featherweight class also though. i haven't seen the results yet, but i know chris holdsworth is in that division, and we have a couple common team-mates that wanted to see how i would do with him since we have very similar styles of grappling.

edit-

that was for the pan ams actually, my bad.

at the naga worlds i would definitely be competing at purple belt featherweight, but i have been moved up to lightweight before because it is often a very small division at higher levels.

nice, why not test yourself against the best, if i recall correctly you already have your fair share of medals

shame you couldn't compete though

You are my weight class.

Looks like I will be facing off against jewjitsu92 aka Mike Noreman.

Should be fun.

Hey Mikey, how much you weigh?

i'm usually around 145, but i did some strength and conditioning training for these tournaments and i was at a perfect 149.9.

ttt

good luck everyone

im 150 (at least trying to be) beg. adult

for those cutting weight and weighing in tonight.. only 4 more hours to go! :D

yeah, i'll be there. just not doing anything difficult

A quick question, I am interested in participating in the gi and no-gi but I am not involved in actual jiu-jitsu, just no-gi. Can you just buy a gi and white belt and participate without being affiliated with a school?

Back