NAGA Worlds 2008

mens adult nogi novice fly weight. cutting wieght for the first time ever is no fun at all.

I'm a natural flyweight, and I look small even in my own division, so at least be happy you hafta cut weight to get down there...

How much training do you recommend for the teens novice division? I've probably had 20 or so lessons. Should I wing it or prepare more and wait for the next one?

I'll be there. I'm competing in lightweight (I'm moving up a weight class). I'm doing Gi and No Gi. It is going to be very fun.

How much training do you recommend for the teens novice division? I've probably had 20 or so lessons. Should I wing it or prepare more and wait for the next one?

Go for it ,even if you get your ass handed to you you'll learn a lot.

mens adult nogi novice fly weight. cutting wieght for the first time ever is no fun at all.

its not exactly something you wanna cut alot of weight for. I would only cut if you were like 1-3...maby even 4 pounds over the next lightest division. Weigh ins are usually the day of, with only a small time window to weigh in the day before.

I'm doing it, No-Gi Beginner 160-169.

I'd rather have gone to the Pan Ams, but travel and all that.

this is my first tourney 2, im excited as hell. im competing gi and no-gi novice. hopefully i can get down to 169, but if not, its 170-179, cuz right now im like 185, but well see how that goes. either way, imma kick ass. see yall there

dude i just got rimgworm! they gotta burn it outta me so i can train agian!!

the only bad thing about naga is that if no one is in your expirience group you get moved up. That happened to me last year in this tournament and I had to do expert, but I won so it was aight!!

how long did you get in between matches?

you have to train MUCH MUCH more. At least 2 more solid months of training

You cant go back to intermediate if you have medaled in a higher division.

You shouldnt anyway, because thats a pussy move, but its also against the rules.

Once again. i medaled in KIDS which is much easier tthan teens. it actually makes sense to do it that way. I see the expert teens and i know my skill level. I would not do well. I am also 15. the teen experts are all 17. this makes a big difference for someone of my age

mn u can compete when ever, and also ur not sandbagging idc, oo btw mens 189 intermindiate

not to be rude, but that's a bunch of BS.

in my opinion the earlier you compete, and the more you compete the better you will be. win or lose you will definitely learn something and undoubtedly gain from the experience. even if they only thing you get out of it is feeling that nervous soaked adrenaline rush for the first time. next time you'll know how to channel it a bit better.

not to mention you're talking about novice. yes, there are always a couple guys that are borderline for the next division, or may even belong more than one division up because they're a phenom, or have more experience or whatever, but you will also be competing against many people with your amount of training or maybe even less.

Back