NAGA Worlds 2008

boboskitchen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I havent seen any threads about this tourney...I know its a big one and alot of people from here have to be doing it. i was hoping i start an open discussion about this tourney in general since its my first one, Im competing in the Teen Novice 150-170 division.

im doing teens 130-149 intermediate, We'll be on the same mat

the only bad thing about naga is that if no one is in your expirience group you get moved up. That happened to me last year in this tournament and I had to do expert, but I won so it was aight!!

im going to do mens expert. im just a couple months to old of teens division

the only bad thing about naga is that if no one is in your expirience group you get moved up. That happened to me last year in this tournament and I had to do expert, but I won so it was aight!!

oh man, but if you won expert why are you doin intermediate?

I agree, I do not care how long you been training or whatever, but if you already win in an advanced or expert division, you should man up and go to the next level up.

I'll be there as well (April 5th in Jersey?) I will probably do no gi and gi (beginner and white belt) 170-179lbs

Good luck to all you guys

I'd love to but my mom's already pissed at me cuz I want to drive a few hours to go to the FL one....aaah oh well

i was pre-registered for adult featherweight expert, and adult lightweight purple belt, but unfortunately my injury got in the way, but i'll be there to watch and help coach some of my team-mates. if anyone wants to meet up i shouldn't be too hard to spot. i'll probably have some crazy colored hair and a broken arm

Its in Newark New Jersey, a the Essex Community College on April 5th for those wondering

cant go but ill be at the naga in virginia on april 19 and the georgia on may 10, maby even the west palm beach one too.

You cant go back to intermediate if you have medaled in a higher division.

You shouldnt anyway, because thats a pussy move, but its also against the rules.

They got belts for winners of many divisions instead of medals :p

They got belts for winners of many divisions instead of medals :p

last year they gave belts to all first place winners... which i felt was a bit stupid because it likely inspired a lot of sandbagging. i personally think they should give swords to all first place winners, but only expert/advanced winners should receive belts. i think this would encourage more people to step up rather than down

Back