NAGA reminder by Xzibit (pic)

esila

Green Belt
Reaction score
For those competing this year:

brRJf.jpg

Happy Wednesday :)

Jesus, I need to see Inception. Friday can't come soon enough.

Heel hooks FTW.:icon_twis

Hehe... funny post.

But yea... I went to the last NAGA tournament in Atlanta. I only competed in the Gi division because twisting leg locks scare me. I saw at least 4 guys hopping around on one foot after the NOGI divisions were over.

They were trying to justify heel hooks at the rules meeting by saying most injuries actually come from key locks. I was thinking, "Maybe so... but injuries from key locks probably aren't going to take you out of training for 6 months and require a major surgery."

I actually lost my second match to an awkward Americana... my arm has been sore for a couple of weeks but I can still train. Same situation with a heel hook... and I would be at home on the couch right now.

Their logic fails.

Hehe... funny post.

But yea... I went to the last NAGA tournament in Atlanta. I only competed in the Gi division because twisting leg locks scare me. I saw at least 4 guys hopping around on one foot after the NOGI divisions were over.

They were trying to justify heel hooks at the rules meeting by saying most injuries actually come from key locks. I was thinking, "Maybe so... but injuries from key locks probably aren't going to take you out of training for 6 months and require a major surgery."

I actually lost my second match to an awkward Americana... my arm has been sore for a couple of weeks but I can still train. Same situation with a heel hook... and I would be at home on the couch right now.

Their logic fails.

You could always take up ballerina dancing, or perhaps non-contact golf (you just walk around and drop the ball where you want it to land, much safer!).

Jesus, I need to see Inception. Friday can't come soon enough.

Heel hooks FTW.:icon_twis

I saw Inception last night. Can't say I was as impressed as everyone who is posting about it. It was good but nothing too special imo.

You could always take up ballerina dancing, or perhaps non-contact golf (you just walk around and drop the ball where you want it to land, much safer!).

or backyard wrestling and base jumping... but I guess I'm just not hardcore enough. Heel hooks are a GREAT idea for novice divisions! I think I'll go listen to my John Mayer CD and think about my feelings for a while...

or backyard wrestling and base jumping... but I guess I'm just not hardcore enough. Heel hooks are a GREAT idea for novice divisions! I think I'll go listen to my John Mayer CD and think about my feelings for a while...

Well played imo...

Dude, totally uncalled for. Not everyone wants to compete with the risk of a heelhook. They're banned in various competitions for a good reason, not because we're insulating vaginas from excess chafing.

Back