Naga & GQ divisions

FStep

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
anyone know the breakdown of each division for the tournaments i couldn't find any info on their website ... like how many months/years of training is allowed in each division in each of the tourneys for no gi

Check an event flier. For NAGA's Men's No-Gi Grappling, it is:

Novice <= 6 months
Beginner <= 1 year
Intermediate <= 3 years
Advanced <= Infinity years

If you wrestle or wrestled in High School, you should enter at least in Intermediate. If you ask, you might be able to wrestle in two divisions if you want extra matches. I wrestled in both Beginner and Novice when I competed at NAGA back in August.

i thought advance was 5 years or more so where would you fall into if you're around 4 years in?

Frodo said:
Check an event flier. For NAGA's Men's No-Gi Grappling, it is:

Novice <= 6 months
Beginner <= 1 year
Intermediate <= 3 years
Advanced <= Infinity years

If you wrestle or wrestled in High School, you should enter at least in Intermediate. If you ask, you might be able to wrestle in two divisions if you want extra matches. I wrestled in both Beginner and Novice when I competed at NAGA back in August.

I belive Grapplers Quest is about the same except no novice division. Also the NAGA novice division prohibits HS wrestling experience.

The age bracket breakdowns are also somewhat different. In addition, NAGA allows you to compete in several skill divisions.

I would say you weren't looking to hard if you couldn't find information on the brackets. Google for past events and you will find what you are looking for.

Anyone know how the teen division works?

Beginner I remember was anywhere to 1 year.
How about Intermediate and Advanced?

Back