Law NAACP wants police grants stopped/ending foot pursuits.

How do police ever catch you if they can't chase you? Couldn't I just sprint off every time they knocked on my door?

It’s a tough pill to swallow for cops whose instincts are to catch criminals. I can’t wait to hear the outrage when the cops don’t chase a murder suspect wanted on a warrant and then they commit another murder.

def worth a listen. Seems LA has basically told and incentivizedits officers to stand down. This officer has a very balanced good take on defunding. Thought anyone who actually cares would like it

Just close all the PDs already so we can laugh at all the liberal rejects that can't survive the world they asked for.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile...cle_f32b285a-9cca-11eb-bc36-a7bd17f75a7b.html

Let them loose!!!

I suggest starting with Mayor Triple Threat's neighbourhood, and when she cries "my family has the right to feel safe" and calls the cops for protection, like she did last year, I hope they laugh at her and post her panicked phone call on YouTube so we can all have a good laugh at her expense.

Let them have what they want, chaos and destruction.

They will tire of it soon enough, especially when the bullets are hitting their house and it's their family members being car jacked and murdered.

Bunch of ignorant buffoons.

So essentially, arrests can only be made with the consent of the suspect? Sounds foolproof. Especially in a society where law-abiding citizens are discouraged from defending themselves or their property.

How do police ever catch you if they can't chase you? Couldn't I just sprint off every time they knocked on my door?
The way america is heading now im guessing the only place they will enforce laws are inside your private home. You are only "safe" on the streets :)

criminals are criminals no matter wherever they run or hide justice will find them.

Last edited:
https://www.npr.org/2021/04/26/9905...n-justice-dept-to-suspend-local-police-grants

The naacp legal defense fund wants to stop all federal grants to all police departments nationwide due to what they claim is racist policing until the justice department can investigate. Citing laws that cut funding for states that refused to enforce brown v board of education, they claim that police departments as a whole have shown they employ discriminatory practices.

I am obviously against this cutting of funding because I know how many officers rely on extra work to get by and many would rather work police related jobs to make ends meet than working in a bar. I have done both the bar scene and worked many grants over the years. The bar jobs were always cash at the end of the night and you only had to report them if you made over a certain amount. The grant jobs were carefully regulated and you had to show results in order to keep working them.

However, if a department has been run so poorly that it has garnered the attention of the department of justice, maybe there is some merit to hitting them in the wallet.

I never relied on the extra work to get by-my wife makes bank. I only did it when I was going on vacation or when I was specifically asked for by a bar or the neighborhood crime watch, or when it was an op order that I personally wrote. But a lot of officers absolutely depend on those extra jobs.

Part 2.
Ending foot chases. Man, what to even say to this. This is coming up especially in Chicago and other areas. Chicago saw the 13 year old boy shot while he was tossing a gun and recently saw another man shot while fleeing with a gun in his hand. Mayor beetlejuice, I mean lori lightfoot has said that she wants foot chases in Chicago to end due to such incidents.

I know that foot chases can be dangerous especially when chasing an armed subject, but not pursuing criminals simply because they run will only ensure that criminals run. These two incidents are being brought up because two armed people were shot. These weren’t people with good intentions, though one was only a kid, but to simply institute a ban on foot pursuits is beyond stupid and goes against the notion of protecting the public from dangerous criminals. Supposedly, to engage in a foot pursuit for a dangerous criminal, the officers have to get permission first-which ensures the subject gets away before they can get said permission.

Look, I hated foot pursuits. Running with all that equipment only to fight someone at the end sucked, but I recognized they were an integral part of the job. I can see limiting foot pursuits for minor crimes, but a blanket ban encourages the criminals to run.

A guy beats his wife and runs and police don’t chase him and when he returns, he kills her. The police tried to persuade her to go somewhere safe but she refused to leave him so Guess who gets blamed? Police do.

Shots fired. Are police allowed to pursue? Robberies? What is the cut off?

With both these topics, I think it will make the job more difficult and increase stress and frustration and job satisfaction. This along with other issues will lead to more officers quitting. And don’t get me wrong, in some of these cities, I want to see officers quit so they can implement their failed experiment with people’s lives. When the body count gets high enough and they are begging for help-they won’t get it because no officer wants to start a career in an absolute lawless shithole that treats its officers like shit-see Minneapolis, seattle, Portland, nyc, and many other places. But there is also another part of me that wants these guys to tough it out because they would be giving the defund/abolish retards exactly what they want.

With the doj investigations, I see officers shutting down and doing nothing while crime skyrockets. Answer your calls and nothing else. With the foot pursuit thing, I see officers getting frustrated and criminals will run like crazy every time if they know they won’t be chased.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...0210420-gibywqygb5btligzxqaj2264iq-story.html

Here is a good article on foot pursuits that I have read before that looks at the considerations and tactics when engaging in a foot pursuit. https://www.policemag.com/340662/foot-pursuits-to-chase-or-not-to-chase

Well they can fuck off. lol

Criminals only run because the police chase them. You see, the police are the ones who start it.

Maybe some of the money from Defunding the Police could be used to hire retired NFL defensive backs, and they could chase the suspects. Of course the chasers would have to be unarmed and just tackle the suspect.
It could work. Nobody gets hurt.

I remember years ago while still working, my agency forbade us from pursuing stolen vehicles if that was the only offense due to civil liability involved surrounding injury to innocent civilians. Can you imagine, you're behind a suspicious vehicle and when you run the plate on your car computer, it comes back as a stolen vehicle. You activate your lights and siren to initiate a stop and the car takes off. Oh well, gotta let it go.

The car could contain multiple felons, a quantity of drugs or stolen property or maybe a robbery/kidnap victim. Nope, go get a donut and coffee.

I hope some enterprising criminals stretch the limits of what triggers it being a chase. A jog? A brisk walk?

I thought the second A was for advancement.

Criminals only run because the police chase them. You see, the police are the ones who start it.
How come Criminals, mentally ill types from hospitals somehow find a way to get their hands on banned weapons?

I hope some enterprising criminals stretch the limits of what triggers it being a chase. A jog? A brisk walk?

I'll enjoy the defense attorney showing that their murderer deserves a 5 million dollar payout because the bodycam clearly shows that the criminal was in the process of turning to run as the cops grabbed him. Therefore, the cops violated the no chase law and his rights were violated.

Back