N Korea Threatens To Attack US

Empty threats that we should pretend to take seriously so NK can get the attention it wants and stops having a 2 year olds temper tantrum.

We should take them seriously this time, all those other times were just for show, but not this time.

Also, they are a totally credible threat, and their GDP is higher than the city of jacksonville

I think you always have to take threats like this seriously. I still think the biggest nuclear threat to the USA is easily Russia.

I think you always have to take threats like this seriously. I still think the biggest nuclear threat to the USA is easily Russia.

I agree but NK scares me because I think they are willing to risk it all.

Nah, same old. It's all part of their MO.

Read "The Real North Korea" by Andrei Lankov. He explains the purpose of this behavior and why it's so effective.

I agree but NK scares me because I this k they are willing to risk it all.

I would be more afraid of Pakistan and Iran having nukes since they have a crazy ideology that is rewarded with paradise when they die.

Kim Jong Un is not crazy, he is a fat fuck that loves material things too much to end his life.

It's time to take this menace seriously. It's only a matter of time before they build a catapult big enough to deliver their nuclear Armageddon upon us.

Come on, seriously? This has been North Korea's MO for yearssssssss. It's like a baby crying for food, nothing more.

I agree but NK scares me because I think they are willing to risk it all.

No they're not. Everything Fatman Kim does is to preserve his regime first and foremost.

North Korea is an absolute monarchy disguised as a communist state. Think of the Kims as a dynasty, and they want to make it last as long as possible. That's why the cult of personality, the aggressive propaganda towards the West and its nuclear programs are all designed to keep them isolated. They actually want to be isolated from the rest of the world, but with modern luxury to the Kim family and its inner circle.

The moment North Korea opens up, its people will realize the kind of monsters the Kims are, and how bad their lives are. The Kim family has mismanaged North Korea to such an extend that reform is not possible anymore, only lies and isolation will keep them from imploding.

Water spilt:
GlossyBleakAnnashummingbird.gif

No they're not. Everything Fatman Kim does is to preserve his regime first and foremost.

North Korea is an absolute monarchy disguised as a communist state. Think of the Kims as a dynasty, and they want to make it last as long as possible. That's why the cult of personality, the aggressive propaganda towards the West and its nuclear programs are all designed to keep them isolated. They actually want to be isolated from the rest of the world, but with modern luxury to the Kim family and its inner circle.

The moment North Korea opens up, its people will realize the kind of monsters the Kims are, and how bad their lives are. The Kim family has mismanaged North Korea to such an extend that reform is not possible anymore, only lies and isolation will keep them from imploding.

I hope you are right, I always get over paranoid about this kind of stuff

Sad but likely true. In the book I mentioned earlier the author outlined why Chinese-style market reform is very unlikely: it would likely lead to violent revolution. Kim & his lackeys know this and for that reason they'll continue with their feudal kingdom the way it is as long as they can.

I hope you are right, I always get over paranoid about this kind of stuff

Think of it this way. A nuclear device is relatively easy to build, but the hard part is acquiring the needed materials. However, a weaponized nuclear device is an entirely different ballgame, and something still beyond North Korea's reach. In simple terms, they have nukes, but not nukes they can actually use on others.

Those nukes and their ballistic missiles are meant as bargaining chips to negotiate for foreign aid and loosening of sanctions, not actual offensive weapons. Kim knows the moment he try attacking anyone with those weapons is the moment the world curb stomps his ass. North Korea has no friend whatsoever, not even China likes them. China tolerates and keep it afloat because it doesn't want to kick a ticking bomb right next to its border. The Kim dynasty is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Imagine if we, just for fun, called their bluff. We launched a simultaneous cyber attack, cut all communications, moved a fleet offshore, mobilized a couple of divisions, started flying UAV's all over their borders, etc.

Force them to call their own brinkmanship. We know they are bullshitting, they know they are bullshitting, they know we know they are bullshitting. Lets change it up.

Iran has never threatened us... Thus we have to strike first...

In other news NK threatens the west and its allies again...

I say we just level the entire country, everyone would thank us.

DPRK wants to start a war before Trump starts his campaign for Supreme Leader.

Back