Media Mythical creature “Karate Stance McGregor 3.0” spotted kicking the bag

I can't stand Conor, but the first fight could have gone either way. It wasn't that Dustin was just light years ahead of Conor. He had Dustin hurt but made the mistake of not going for the kill. Who knows what will happen this next time.

Looking at him now, how he moves and as stupid as it sounds I wonder If Ido had really zero influence on his movement. That time working with him, He seemed much more fluent and calculated. Now he seems more tense and chaotic.

I don't think you can get from a bum to a good fighter that fast. Conor needs at least 6-7 years of mma training to become a good fighter.

Looking at him now, how he moves and as stupid as it sounds I wonder If Ido had really zero influence on his movement. That time working with him, He seemed much more fluent and calculated. Now he seems more tense and chaotic.
I agree. Just because Ido’s Movement philosophy is unorthodox and an easy target to make fun of for Nate Diaz quoting, pretending-to-be-alpha Sherbros doesn’t mean it’s completely without benefit.

I agree. Just because Ido’s Movement philosophy is unorthodox and an easy target to make fun of for Nate Diaz quoting, pretending-to-be-alpha Sherbros doesn’t mean it’s completely without benefit.

I think even just having Ido Portal around put McGregor in the "correct" mindset about movement and whatnot. I have no idea how much Portal could actually contribute, but the focus on movement could not have hurt at all. Maybe he's just not concentrating on the stuff nowdays, without Ido taking him to the park. Or something.

So Mcgregor is gonna go full WTF Taekwondo style on Poirier and go full opposite to what he did in the previous fight with the boxing stance? Interesting... that will certainly not fail...
First time he’s ever done it too

the madman

Looks like a good way to get taken down

Also he looks slow

He'll be ready. He's been training kick defense.

7qjGYuV.gif

Conor is going to gas if he comes with that type of style.

Still looks heavy on his feet imo. I dunno what happened to the spring in his movement, but it seems like he lost some of his athleticism.

I think even just having Ido Portal around put McGregor in the "correct" mindset about movement and whatnot. I have no idea how much Portal could actually contribute, but the focus on movement could not have hurt at all. Maybe he's just not concentrating on the stuff nowdays, without Ido taking him to the park. Or something.

Focusing on goofy movements that have nothing whatsoever to do with fighting CAN hurt your training. Fighters already move and know how to move and they reinforce it with years of repitition so that it becomes instinct -using a manbunned fraud hipster butt toucher who thinks he's a monkey with mittens on doesnt reinforce anything resembling fighting whatsoever.

If this were true then all those Wushu guys would be badasses - but they aint.

Look @Mittens, we found one.

Focusing on goofy movements that have nothing whatsoever to do with fighting CAN hurt your training. Fighters already move and know how to move and they reinforce it with years of repitition so that it becomes instinct -using a manbunned fraud hipster butt toucher who thinks he's a monkey with mittens on doesnt reinforce anything resembling fighting whatsoever.

If this were true then all those Wushu guys would be badasses - but they aint.

Back