Myth that ufc give fighters pushes or special treatment

Isthat-yo bop

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I see a lot around here , that the ufc gives Conor and Ronda special treatment. Now reading articles from woodley and Eddie it seems people actually believe the ufc helped create Ronda or Conor. Prove me wrong , but the ufc has never ever created one star. Either u have exciting fights or u can cut a promo. name me one star the ufc has created . Can't critize fighters on there style , due to never stepping foot in a cage. But holy shit the lack of call outs and boring ass lines about I'm in the best shape of my life, I want a top 10 and all this other boring shit make me think they are okay with how they are treated.

Well I've watched from the beginning. And they've done it from the beginning.
So I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

There are many stars they helped create. Which is all well and good as They are a promotion.

It is a business. Theyve made a lot of money. They dont create the star just help it shine.

Here's an example of the ufc creating stars. The women's divisions. 95%is garbage And you guys think it's world class stuff. As if being in the top 10means anything.
That is some incredible stuff star creating.

Boxing fans would never settle for that shit and kid themselves into thinking what they are watching is remotely comparable.

UFC did give Conor a nice, steady dose of non-grapplers to get to his title shot.

Mcgregor's road to the belt was special treatment.

Except for the Poirier win

hi-res-91323d5a4d75cd64de2f8f0aca41e256_crop_north.jpg

Sage, Paige and they were trying to build up Rose before her last fight. They try to make stars but they can only do so much. If the fighter doesn't win then they're significantly less marketable.

Mcgregor's road to the belt was special treatment.

Except for the Poirier win

Imo his only legit good win. Outside of the aldo ko. But I'm just so iffy on that fight it being 13 seconds and a single punch.

Dana said he kept Chuck away from Tito for as long as he could.

{<jimmies}

Here's an example of the ufc creating stars. The women's divisions. 95%is garbage And you guys think it's world class stuff. As if being in the top 10means anything.
That is some incredible stuff star creating.

Boxing fans would never settle for that shit and kid themselves into thinking what they are watching is remotely comparable.
WMMA gets a lot of shit on here. What are you talking about?

Just another boxing fan trying to assert authority over MMA fans. Sigh.

Holloway is a beast
You're damn right he is. I'm a huge holloway fan and have been since his first fight against poireir. I think Conor got to fight him when he was still very green. Now holloway has some experience I think that fight would be different.

Holloway is a beast
He has gotten a lot better since they fought. McGregor got a little lucky fighting him when he did. Rematch would be a whole nother ballgame. Though we will see what 40000 rounds of sparring has done for connie's game.

healthy champion on a 10 months "undefeated run"and 0 defences who doesn't defend his title because....fuck it!he wants to fight LWs at WW and STILL is officially called the FW champion while the 2 best FWs in the business are put in a interim tittle match just to eliminate legit contenders.

yep,no special treatment at all.

UFC did give Conor a nice, steady dose of non-grapplers to get to his title shot.

I believed that until they cleared the fight against Mendes and Conor got through him too.

What else can you say after that?

Then he handily disposed of Aldo and it was all she wrote.

UFC doesn't create stars, they don't have the ability to do so, if they did they'd have a Conor/Ronda in every division. It would only increase their revenue tenfold by doing so, do you think they're intentionally only creating 2 huge stars?

The UFC gives all fighters a platform for them to shine on, some take advantage of this and some don't. Once you establish that you are a star, the UFC will give you preferential treatment, they do that with everyone that makes himself a star, but the treatment must also benefit the UFC.

Remember when Nate wanted a raise, and Dana would give him one and said he wasn't a "needle-mover" like Nick? After choking out Conor, Dana is singing a different tune in regards to Nate, because Nate has established himself.

Ya up to the Mendes fight.

That fight was originally for the real title.

Back