Myth: Bisping is an exciting fighter

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been trying to understand this idea that people, including Bisping, think of him as an exciting fighter. His fights are usually awful. Maybe I wasn't around for some of his earlier UFC fights, but seriously, I dont know what people are thinking.

His fight with Belfort was awful until the knock out. The Belcher fight was hard to watch. Kennedy fight was another snoozer. Let's see, what else:

Off the top of my head..

The Chael fight was a pretty good fight from what I remember.

People are also talking about his upcoming fight with Le as if it's gonna be a FOTY contender. Bisping could be in big trouble, Le is a bit too dangerous for him imo. Cardio could make the difference, but Bisping won't win if the fight is exciting imo.

He shines against lower tier competition, his finishes of Sinosic, Jason Day and Denis Kang are exciting fights. The Sexyama fight was good.

His fights with Stan and Sonnen were pretty good.

I don't think I've heard anyone call Bisping an exciting fighter.

The highlight of his career is the KO loss to Hendo.

his most exciting fight was against hendo.

People have been bitching about him being boring for a long time. He is popular though and more accomished than he usually gets credit for.

My overservation as a non-fan.

ufc100_08_henderson_vs_bisping_003.jpg

WASN

First of all, it's hard to call something that is 100% opinion-based a 'myth.'

Second of all, I agree bisping isn't a particularly exciting fighter. I'm not a fan of his style and skillset and in all honestly, he's not in the same league as the top guys in his division.

However, I don't think any of his fights are complete stinkers. Just not necessarily worth watching.

Is this a "things nobody has said, ever" thread?

First of all, it's hard to call something that is 100% opinion-based a 'myth.'

Second of all, I agree bisping isn't a particularly exciting fighter. I'm not a fan of his style and skillset and in all honestly, he's not in the same league as the top guys in his division.

However, I don't think any of his fights are complete stinkers. Just not necessarily worth watching.

Ok, I apologize for using the word 'myth' lol

Let's move past it

Well he's not boring!! Just doesn't have a whole lot of power but he tries to knock people out. I'm enjoy watching his crisp boxing.

'Excitement' is subjective.

What kind of a sick, twisted, son of a bitch would call Bisping an exciting fighter????

Back