Mystery Solved: Why Romero Was Denied Full Two Hours for Second Weigh-In Before Whittaker Fight

Maybe if they hadn't waited until literally the last moments available to cut the weight they would've been ok.

What's often lost in this story is that Romero only JUST weighed in on time during the official weigh in time window. The rules state that the fighter will be allowed UP TO two hours after this to make weight. So he weighed in minutes before the official weigh in window was due to close, then was banking on an extra two hours after the actual weigh in times. But those two hours were well passed what the actual weigh in time is intended to be. As far as I'm aware, it's quite literally at the discretion of the AC. It's not a guaranteed two hours.

They tried to game the system to it's maximum and it didn't work out for them. I have very little sympathy for them or any other fighter that has such a precise weight cut that if ANYTHING goes wrong they're fucked. That's just asking for trouble in a sport as unpredictable as MMA.

If they'd weighed in early in the official time period, then the extra two hours would not have been an issue, because they still would've been within the actual weigh in time. Y'know... like what every single other fighter does.

Thanks, never had this explained before.

Romero and his team lied....suprisingly.
Here's the live weigh in anyways uncut.

1st weigh in
@02:04:30
(10:46am central time)

2nd weigh in
@04:00:25
(12:42pm central time)

1st weigh in

2nd weigh in

Romero living rent free in your head.

Brown people aren't allowed their alloted 2 hours to cut more weight is the vibe I'm getting from the replies here.

yeah you got that empty space ( between your ears) where shit happens.

You take us for liberal democrats, wanting to kill some unborn brown babies?

I could be mistaken, but I am almost certain that it was the second Whittaker fight.
I thought it was the Rockhold fight, hence a few folks saying the same sentiment as me. I could be wrong as well and don’t care enough to look it up.

He played a dangerous game (intentionally trying to use the extra time) though so I don’t feel that bad for him, but if it did turn out that he was denied the opportunity to call himself champ because someone was trying to skip work to go to a baseball game, that is fucked up.

"Women" is a good enough explanation.

I remember watching the weigh ins for this and people were like wtf is going on.
Crazy they didn't even follow their own rules and give him 2 hours

Khabob and Whittaker aren't even white , but close enough I guess lol.
5c5ae009342cca01c71cf984-750-563.jpg

He's whiter than Conor

Maybe if they hadn't waited until literally the last moments available to cut the weight they would've been ok.

What's often lost in this story is that Romero only JUST weighed in on time during the official weigh in time window. The rules state that the fighter will be allowed UP TO two hours after this to make weight. So he weighed in minutes before the official weigh in window was due to close, then was banking on an extra two hours after the actual weigh in times. But those two hours were well passed what the actual weigh in time is intended to be. As far as I'm aware, it's quite literally at the discretion of the AC. It's not a guaranteed two hours.

They tried to game the system to it's maximum and it didn't work out for them. I have very little sympathy for them or any other fighter that has such a precise weight cut that if ANYTHING goes wrong they're fucked. That's just asking for trouble in a sport as unpredictable as MMA.

If they'd weighed in early in the official time period, then the extra two hours would not have been an issue, because they still would've been within the actual weigh in time. Y'know... like what every single other fighter does.

Thanks for dispelling the bullshit in the TS

I remember watching the weigh ins for this and people were like wtf is going on.
Crazy they didn't even follow their own rules and give him 2 hours
UP TO two hours. At their discretion. Because you were supposed to have made weight on the first attempt. They can cut that EXTRA two hours short at any time, for any reason. Again, that extra bonus two hours they in no way owe you because you were already supposed to be on weight.

The way every other fighter on the card was.

People can keep up with the hyperbole of 'fatass' and other stupid shit, but most people don't realize that just because you have a scale, even a really good scale, it can differentiate from the results of another, really good scale. Not by much, but by like... a pound... yeah, that seems right.

I don't know what I believe about this story from Dan Lambert, it seems to be missing some connections here. However, I will say, just because you show up 1 pound over at your first attempt, shouldn't negate your ability to weigh in again during your given time.

afaik there is no rules about extra 2 hours so you better make that weight

Amazing, just like his supplements were tainted and he didn't actually miss weight against Rockhold either or hear the bell against Kennedy or mean to grab the cage against Jacare or fake a low blow with Costa to get more rest.

Just a series of misunderstandings.
/thread

1st weigh in

2nd weigh in

Boom.gif

Already pointed out and proven that yoel and his camp were full of shit on this.

Why is it being brought up again?

It is ridiculous that nobody (?) was able to give a full explanation on that. Romero had 2 hours and that's it.
Is there any official reason why he was called to the weigh in? The fact that his manager(?) hasn't dedicated his life purpose to find how the fuck that happened is another weird thing for me. Had it happen to me, or any of my athletes I would have demanded solid explanation and I would then post if everywhere.

Read through this thread. Plenty of solid evidence that yoel and his team were gaming the system

yoel lost that fight how does he become champ again?
Dude nearly killed Whittaker like 5x in that fight.. rewatch it again.. Yoel could of finished that fight like 12x.. Everyone acting like they didn't watch it.. and are just jumping on everyone's bandwagon.. smh

Back