Myles Jury - What's the verdict on him?

hung at this point; he neutralized Johnson on the ground, and Nijem standing. Both their glaring weak points.

I think he is very good prospect and I expect him to beat Ricci without much problems unless we see some hometown bs decision. They should give him someone better after Ricci

I like his style - young, talented and a finisher.

He'll probably drop a few fights the way he goes at it, but he should solidify in top 15-20 if not better.

I thought he shoulda had the first two rounds against iaquinta on the show. And if I remember correctly, most of the fight took place on the feet. Iaquinta is a quality striker, so im impressed. I think hes capable of being top 10.

He needs to fight some guys with better skillsets. MJ is a bit 1 dimensional as he doesn't like to grapple, and Nijem isnt very good standing.

I don't think his striking is there yet. I'll hold off on judgement. A better striker with TDD could probably give him fits. The way I see it, he gauges reactions with his striking then shoots in for the TD, but against someone with better striking he won't have that luxury.

His offensive wrestling looks great though, because he changes level really well.

He hardly stood with Nijem, though. That was mostly back and forth grappling with Jury getting a slight edge. And then he knocked him out.

That answered a lot of questions, the one that remains is him doing a feeling out process for a round. His pace is sometimes too slow, hence he lost on TUF. Otherwise, his accuracy and counters are great already, and he's loose in there, which is promising.

I'd like him to fight either Tibau or Varner next. Maybe even Njokuani. Those 3 fights show his progression in grappling and striking pace. Varner brings a complete game, he's the toughest for Jury out of those.

I think he beats Ricci up everywhere.

Ricci had a good run on TUF - but has in my opinion not delivered in the UFC. The Colton fight is somewhat excused due to the size discrepancy - but the lack of urgency he has showed in his UFC outings (against a guy like freakshow that he SHOULD beat handedly). His super confident attitude seems to be a facade, and I think while he does have some sound technical striking I think Jury is just too much of a gamer and I see him finishing Ricci inside of three rounds.

This

I thought he was going to win TUF (13 was it?) before his injury. So I was definitely rooting for him on TUF: Live until I saw he was on team Cruz and was fighting Iaquinta who I love.

BUT he won me back by dismantling Michael Johnson (screw that guy.)

So yeah he's pretty awesome. Although Johnson looks awful some fights and extremely talented others. Let's just pretend that was a good night for Johnson and Myles is that tough.

jury is awesome, he has looked spectaucluar in his wins. he is a dark horse, he has some really slick transitions.

He'll cruise past Ricci this weekend, I see him getting a late TKO stoppage. After that, who knows, he's good. Maybe a fight with Gleison Tibau?

He'll KO the Ryan Gossling lookalike. I think he has serious potential.

I am very impressed with his skills. Plus he has a solid chin, i remember him slugging it out with Iaquinta, who was the fav in the show. If he continues growing as a fighter he will be a top 10 guy for sure

Back