Myles Jury - What's the verdict on him?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Myles "Fury" Jury

He's 3-0 in the UFC, and 12-0 overall. He does have a decision loss in TUF against
Al Iaquinta
though.

Trains out of Alliance, sparring with other LWs like Ross Pearson. BJJ brown belt with good TDs. His striking is so-so, even though he KO'd ramsey nijem in his last bout, I still think he has some work to do on his striking. He's good at mixing it up though, he takes a true MMArist approach.

Anyways, that's my assessment. He's fighting Mike Ricci of Tristar gym next weekend. Should be a good fight. I don't know too much about Ricci other than his loss to Colton Smith.

Jury? Verdict? I see what you did, there.

Probably the most underrated fighter in the division.

I'm pretty sold on the dude. He's looked solid in all his outings thus far standing and on the ground. I'm a fan. Mostly because my name is also Myles.

Myles "Fury" Jury

He's 3-0 in the UFC, and 12-0 overall. He does have a decision loss in TUF against
Al Iaquinta
though.

Trains out of Alliance, sparring with other LWs like Ross Pearson. BJJ brown belt with good TDs. His striking is so-so, even though he KO'd ramsey nijem in his last bout, I still think he has some work to do on his striking. He's good at mixing it up though, he takes a true MMArist approach.

Anyways, that's my assessment. He's fighting Mike Ricci of Tristar gym next weekend. Should be a good fight. I don't know too much about Ricci other than his loss to Colton Smith.

I think he beats Ricci up everywhere.

Ricci had a good run on TUF - but has in my opinion not delivered in the UFC. The Colton fight is somewhat excused due to the size discrepancy - but the lack of urgency he has showed in his UFC outings (against a guy like freakshow that he SHOULD beat handedly). His super confident attitude seems to be a facade, and I think while he does have some sound technical striking I think Jury is just too much of a gamer and I see him finishing Ricci inside of three rounds.

Not sure why I ranted that much about Ricci when the topic is on Jury, but yea. Jury has fought against tougher competition and looked impressive doing so. He also seems to have a good head on his shoulders in terms of fighting and I'm hoping the betting lines open without him being too much of a favorite (-150 or better) and I'll play the shit outta that line ;)

A lot like Brad Tavares at MW. Still young and has a lot of time and potential. If he wins his next fight, I'd like to see him matched against a mid tier veteran to see how he does.

I like him. I just wish he wasn't fighting another TUF guy.

1.gif

760468847.gif

I think he's already top 15-20 in his division in terms of ability, with a lot more room to grow. I'd say he's already better than some of the vets he trains with like Pearson and Stephens. And it doesn't hurt to be training with the other 12-0 undefeated LW on his team, Michael Chandler.

I've picked against him every fight, but he is a solid fighter. Ricci will be tough, but I'm picking Myles until further notice.

He has te potential to be a top 10 lw, heck maybe even top 5. Dude has some serious skill. Very well rounded and transitions from strikes to takedowns very well. I think he needs to work on his striking defence and technique on the feet, could bulk up a bit, and I would like to see his against a solid wrestler to see where his takedown defence and how good he is off his back

Started being very impressed by him after his win over Michael Johnson, think he's legit, don't know how his own school of Jury Jiu-Jitsu is gonna work out for him though. If I was him I'd just focus on my MMA career for now since he's already 3-0 in the UFC.

He's got lots of potential and he's going to destroy Ricci.

He's 12-0 and 3-0 in the UFC and my guess is he's liking it.

He needs to fight some guys with better skillsets. MJ is a bit 1 dimensional as he doesn't like to grapple, and Nijem isnt very good standing.

I don't think his striking is there yet. I'll hold off on judgement. A better striker with TDD could probably give him fits. The way I see it, he gauges reactions with his striking then shoots in for the TD, but against someone with better striking he won't have that luxury.

His offensive wrestling looks great though, because he changes level really well.

Back