Myles Jury is not only switching camps he will fight next at FW

Power MMA has develop Dolloway and Baders boxing greatly. Nearly every top fighter (davis, chandler, jury) have regressed at alliance

How have those guys "regressed"? Jury was on a 15 fight win streak and only lost to a top 5 guy. Davis was a top prospect but didn't develop his striking even though he trained with guys like Gus and Dom Cruz. Chandler was never as good as people thought based on his win over Alvarez who has looked like a scrub in the UFC. You can't blame the camp for that.

Have you seen Dolloway and Bader's fights recently? They look terrible. Bader's boxing is terrible and he relies mostly on wrestling. Dolloway has lost to all the top guys he's faced.

If anything I can understand if Jury feels he's hit a ceiling with his training at Alliance and wants a change. But PowerMMA isn't the place that's going to get him to the next level.

How have those guys "regressed"? Jury was on a 15 fight win streak and only lost to a top 5 guy. Davis was a top prospect but didn't develop his striking even though he trained with guys like Gus and Dom Cruz. Chandler was never as good as people thought based on his win over Alvarez who has looked like a scrub in the UFC. You can't blame the camp for that.

Have you seen Dolloway and Bader's fights recently? They look terrible. Bader's boxing is terrible and he relies mostly on wrestling. Dolloway has lost to all the top guys he's faced.

If anything I can understand if Jury feels he's hit a ceiling with his training at Alliance and wants a change. But PowerMMA isn't the place that's going to get him to the next level.

Who cares? He beat up on shot fighters like Gomi and Sanchez. He had absolutely no clue against Cerrone once he kicked his legs away. Bader boxing has looked way better since he got flatlined by Machida. Same with Dolloway. Alliance has ruined guys like Chandler, Parke, Barnatt. They have turned inside wrestle boxers to outside strikers like Cruz. Davis will never have crisp striking but hopping around everywhere and not sitting down on any punches will never strike fear in any opponent at 205. I am not saying PowerMMA is top shelf. But leaving Alliance will help. There is something wrong with that gyms approach

Who cares? He beat up on shot fighters like Gomi and Sanchez. He had absolutely no clue against Cerrone once he kicked his legs away. Bader boxing has looked way better since he got flatlined by Machida. Same with Dolloway. Alliance has ruined guys like Chandler, Parke, Barnatt. They have turned inside wrestle boxers to outside strikers like Cruz. Davis will never have crisp striking but hopping around everywhere and not sitting down on any punches will never strike fear in any opponent at 205. I am not saying PowerMMA is top shelf. But leaving Alliance will help. There is something wrong with that gyms approach

He was the next big thing until he faced a top 5 guy. Losing to Cerrone isn't something to make you switch camps and reevaluate your career choice, it's a natural occurrence when your competition level goes way up. Alliance has developed guys like Davis, Gus, Cruz, Chandler, and Jury.

Bader's boxing looked better because it was atrocious before. But at least before he was KO'ing guys. Now he just lays on them. Dolloway's striking is still poor and he loses to upper echelon fighters. Even if he moved to King's or AKA he'd probably still have bad striking.

Maybe something is wrong at Alliance, I don't know. Apparently Sherdog now lists Chandler and Justin Lawrence as PowerMMA fighters as well, and they all used to be at Alliance.

Back