My way to soon prediction: future of BW/FLW

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hi there, one week out, we've had some time to think about what makes sense after the two championship fights over the weekend. After listening to some interviews and thinking I'm going to predict what would be a very exciting future.

The first match to make is Cejudo vs TJ AT FLYWEIGHT.

before I go any further, yes, DJ deserves an immediate rematch. But we have 2 big obstacles.

1. Dj needs surgery. He has several major injuries and may have a long lay off.

2. The storyline, the DJ saga is long and old. A little bit of entertainment value won't hurt anyone.

If Cejudo wins, now you have Cejudo with a lot more hype behind him and tees up a great trilogy with DJ.

If TJ wins, it sets up a rematch with Cruz, and a possible title defense at flyweight against DJ, the fight we all really want to see.

So if we wait and let Cejudo have his shot at TJ, then DJ's return will have a real story line either way. This is a WIN WIN PEOPLE.

I dont like this let cejudo hand out wanting ass earn somthing first losing to a guy until you barely not really even beat him and getting a superfight just makes me mad thinkin about it not to mention 0 defences superfights are only for elite champions who ran threw division or undefeated for a while.

Mm shoulda faught tj hes a dumbass

I dont like this let cejudo hand out wanting ass earn somthing first losing to a guy until you barely not really even beat him and getting a superfight just makes me mad thinkin about it not to mention 0 defences superfights are only for elite champions who ran threw division or undefeated for a while.
That's why you don't let him go to 135 and make him defend his belt.

They should merge FLW, BW and FW into one division and sell it to Rizin or One FC.

Eh if Cejudo and Tj fight I think it should be at 135. Just because Cejudo will retain his belt if he loses. Also I would hope Cejudo's power translates well to a higher weight so he can ko Dillashaw

They should merge FLW, BW and FW into one division and sell it to Rizin or One FC.
Let me get this straight......

If you have it your way, Holloway, Frankie, Ortega, Aldo, and Jeremy Stephens......all gone, no longer in the UFC?

Let me get this straight......

If you have it your way, Holloway, Frankie, Ortega, Aldo, and Jeremy Stephens......all gone, no longer in the UFC?

All those guys are LWs in disguise. Weight cutting is the worse farse in MMA.

Yes or no?

UFC should ban current weight cut and put those guys were they belong. If they dont want it, then sayonara, see you in Japan. Stop with this bullshit about killing your body and running from your real weight class.

fine by me. not a TJ fan but he has a better claim to going after 2 belts than cejudo does.

Back