My vacation/ drop ins in Miami

Qtip inspector

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Me and the old lady decided to go stay in south beach for a few days. Hot weather always sounds good when you live in SF CA. Figured I could check out some Jiu Jitsu as well.
Started looking and calling for info. Wanted to go to Rillion Gracie. $50 drop in. Damn. Valente Bros= $35 for the class $20 more to spar after ,huh?

Then I go to where I really wanted go , Cyborgs gym. Wow 1block from the beach, the man himself, sitting behind the front desk. How much? $20. That's what I'm talking about! He taught the class, GREAT instructor , good rolls. They spend double the time drilling than most places(2 hr class). Thumbs way up.

I always try to go to a Carlson school if I can and I found one about 1/2 hr away. Come to find out the head instructor is really good friends with my friend that got me into Jiu Jitsu in 2000 and he was a purple. Had a great class. Nice ,Carlson style. Love it. He didn't even want to charge me
both places I highly recomend and I will definelty be back As for the other gyms I mentioned, sorry I can't justify dropping 50 clams per class

even M Garcia s was $40, and that is for the whole day

oh, beach was nice and my girl and I got a couple good dinners in

The good reviews keep pouring in for Cyborg's place. Good to hear.

Thanks for the review.

wow, $20 for a drop in and the guy has legit credentials with an incredible competition background? nice. what those other schools are thinking, I don't know. maybe they know people are willing to pay for that so they make good money. But, WTF?! pay for the class then +$20 more to roll? that is the oddest thing I ever heard of.

I went to MMA Masters once when I was down there. Went witha buddy though so I have no idea what the drop in fee is.

Yeah. I think the Rillion school has that " we are the real official Gracie school". Dunno. The more I think about. The more I really liked cyborgs teaching. He also walked around and checked everybody s tech. 2 -3 times.
I thought the drop in rate was going to a big hair raiser, guess I need to troll a little more with sherdog to get responses

Thanks for the trip report. I'll check out Cyborg's gym if I'm ever in the area.

You were better off just asking Rilion Gracie for the free class that's offered to everyone.

You were better off just asking Rilion Gracie for the free class that's offered to everyone.

isn't that if your looking to sign up? of course I could lie to all gyms and they would probably give it free, but thats not my style I will be back to drop in again

I love dropping in.

I've not been to one of the larger cities yet, but I need to. I've not had to pay any drop in fees yet for any where I've gone. They've either taken pity on me or they were affiliated with my school.

That's true. I always thought anywhere between $10-$20 was 'standard' if they are gonna charge.
BTW - Tarsis Humphery is opening up an Alliance affiliate in Miami as well.

Me and the old lady decided to go stay in south beach for a few days. Hot weather always sounds good when you live in SF CA. Figured I could check out some Jiu Jitsu as well.
Started looking and calling for info. Wanted to go to Rillion Gracie. $50 drop in. Damn. Valente Bros= $35 for the class $20 more to spar after ,huh?

Then I go to where I really wanted go , Cyborgs gym. Wow 1block from the beach, the man himself, sitting behind the front desk. How much? $20. That's what I'm talking about! He taught the class, GREAT instructor , good rolls. They spend double the time drilling than most places(2 hr class). Thumbs way up.

I always try to go to a Carlson school if I can and I found one about 1/2 hr away. Come to find out the head instructor is really good friends with my friend that got me into Jiu Jitsu in 2000 and he was a purple. Had a great class. Nice ,Carlson style. Love it. He didn't even want to charge me
both places I highly recomend and I will definelty be back As for the other gyms I mentioned, sorry I can't justify dropping 50 clams per class

even M Garcia s was $40, and that is for the whole day

oh, beach was nice and my girl and I got a couple good dinners in

which carlson school are you talking about...and as for cyborg, hes gone from diff gyms...did you go to Legacy Fit or beachsports?

Back