My UFC on FX 7 Bets (and Others) - Post Yours! (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta Disagree, I would say Bisping is probably like a top 3 or so Durable guy in all of the UFC, only finished once by Hendo and everyone woulda been finished by that punch. Plus he took a lot of big shots from Hendo b4 that one. Also, I love Bisping and he has incredible cardio but he's not a top notch finisher either. I do give him a great shot to finish Vitor IF he gases early like mid third round. I think he probably will gas by then though so I do think it's probably a decent bet, but ur best shot on that bet is probably a quick Vitor knockout, otherwise I give it probably like a 65% shot at decision and 35% shot at a finish later than round 3.

No, just no. :eek:

I would laugh if Vitor actually displays better cardio than Bisping, hey its possible, Bisping didint look that fresh at the end of the Stann fight and Vitor has been training like crazy. A few shots from Vitor and Bisping will look fatigued.

Bisping is durable but top 3 is a bit crazy dude! We'ere arent talkin about Frankie Edgar or Jim Miller here!

Bisping is durable but top 3 is a bit crazy dude! We'ere arent talkin about Frankie Edgar or Jim Miller here!

Alright I'll settle on number 5 after Edgar, MIller, Kampmann, and Wanderlei :redface:
But for realz for sure top 10 and maybe around 5. :icon_sad:

prados opponont the brother of alcantara i am picking for the upset here.

think of it this way if they both (prado and alcantara) were to fight in a smaller org in brazil I would have alcantara winning all the time but because prado is in the UFC and has fought Phil, people think hes actually good lol

alcantara is a little undersized but that shouldn't make that much of a difference @ LHW

idk about all the specifics you posted above (i.e. betting on a guy because of his last name, or the extemes you use in your language)..

...but. i think you might be onto something (lord knows we all think you're ON something, but that's beside the point!!). idk what's impressive about prado. in fact, he's not even a big 205. he looks a bit soft to me...

His problem is that he tries to defend strikes like a girl running from a wasp at times, and that's a major concern to me. I wouldn't say he's particularly durable because he never really gets involved in wild exchanges; I'd say he has plenty of heart and determination for sure; but the main reason he hasn't been finished much is because he fights pretty conservatively and smart most of the time. If he lets Vitor tag him early like he does in most fights then he'll likely go down like a sack of shit (as much as it pains me to say it).

Alright I'll settle on number 5 after Edgar, MIller, Kampmann, and Wanderlei :redface:
Hunt
JDS
Rothwell
Fabio Maldonado
Kyle Kingsbury
Rampage
Bonnar
Hendo
Bendo
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Diaz brothers
Bj
Cerrone
Condit
Jake Shields
etc...

lol

Last edited:
I would laugh if Vitor actually displays better cardio than Bisping, hey its possible, Bisping didint look that fresh at the end of the Stann fight and Vitor has been training like crazy. A few shots from Vitor and Bisping will look fatigued.

you might as well bet the house on vitor and if he wins get an alan belcher-esque tattoo of him on your bicep :icon_lol:

Here are my bets tonight
$20 on Pitbull to win $18
$10 on Zayats to win $18
$40 on Seth P to win $25
$10 on Chandler, Seth P, Newton to win $21

Initial Risk - $80 to win $83

There's a third option I choose. It's something like "accept current odds or odds adjustments in your favour".

I think livebetting will be particularly handy for the FX card this Saturday.
. It's "Accept price changes in my favor". That way you never get fucked.

But honestly, "Accept any price change" is kind of questionable whether to do it or not b/c you don't wanna bet $40 at -150 and have it rejected at -155.

Then again, you don't want to risk $40 for -700 odds

. It's "Accept price changes in my favor". That way you never get fucked.

But honestly, "Accept any price change" is kind of questionable whether to do it or not b/c you don't wanna bet $40 at -150 and have it rejected at -155.

Then again, you don't want to risk $40 for -700 odds
another thing about live betting is the website is more likely to screw up odds and make them even more favorable
for example i was down quite a bit on tuesday on NBA then the live odds had the kings +8 at PLUS money while they were already up 8 points so it was giving me 8 free points and i laid ALOT on it and almost immediately after i did that it was corrected to -8 so live betting really has its advantages

You still feel good about the Zayats bet? He's lost to a lot of guys I've never heard of.

Never really felt good about it. More of an action play fading Babalu. If I was being selective, I'd only bet Freire, Pettruzelli, and Chandler/Hawn over 4.5 rounds. With the upcoming UFC, I'd be on Bisping, Gonzaga, CB, Nunes, and Khabib. I'd probably stay away from the rest if I was being smart, but I like having the action.

Still no. Off the top of my head on fighters as durable more durable than Bisping I'd name 15 I pick ahead:

1. Rothwell
  2. Sam Stout
  3. Fitch
  4. Penn
  5. Beltran
  6. F

Last edited:
Strange past few days been thinking how the bisping/vitor fight plays out at 1st was confident in bisping but Vitors still legit.

I liked the way Vitor is still able to land hard leg kicks even in later on rounds, no ones gonna really strike too much with the guy cos they seen how fast he can be. Someone who can use great distance or just great strength can easily dominate him like bones did.

Its not like bispings gonna pull a nate and take punches and land volume punches in bunches lol

Against bisping id guess he should use his grappling and pushing against the fence to stifle vitor or just take him down, but that nagging concern of his top control and gnp not been really seen before worries me.

People can say bispings got the 25 minutes and cardio edge here but vitors also got 25 minute to come up with a blitz or one fast punch to his face, after seeing nate unable to land even a solid punch for 25 minutes it just makes me think lol

feeling more coin toss for me at this point.

Put 10 on Bisping to win 10

I think he has a good chance if he uses his wrestling in the first two rounds. He needs to avoid the right hand before the 3rd and keep a distance. I can see this fight going either way though,

Put 10 on Bisping to win 10

I think he has a good chance if he uses his wrestling in the first two rounds. He needs to avoid the right hand before the 3rd and keep a distance. I can see this fight going either way though,

Left hand, actually. Circling left is kind of Bisping's thing, so hopefully he has this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back