My UFC 166 Bets - Post Yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hendo got cut for that, though. He only got to come back because he murdered Fedor

I`m on Rosa and Ambrose like everyone else. Not a great Bellator card
Are you sure? Never heard him being cut for that, you'd expect more of a ruckus if that was the case. I was under the impression it was about contract renewal, I think Hendo wanted higher pay and they couldn't come to agreement.

Are you sure? Never heard him being cut for that, you'd expect more of a ruckus if that was the case. I was under the impression it was about contract renewal, I think Hendo wanted higher pay and they couldn't come to agreement.
Thats how I remember it to

741.png

so much for betting holm & benoit lol. and i don't even remember who cejudo is, sheesh so steep bellator and legacy both on friday. some bday present those lines are, mr. kalikas, thx for nothing!

Cejudo is an olympic gold medalist wrestler transitioning to MMA, I wonder if he's fade material like Bubba Jenkins...

Would've liked to see more of Palhares at 170, he's a freak brick house looking dude and is always involved in some odd shit going down in his fights so it makes things interesting.

That being said, I don't really care, dude has done this twice now, holding on to subs too long and it's a sub that is widely considered to be the most dangerous to people's limbs and can ruin careers the way people's knees can get mangled. Never been a big fan of the guy and I understand that he might just be stupid and not necessarily a bad person who's being an asshole just to be an asshole, but he's gotta learn his lesson at some point, even if he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Might be harsh cutting him but it's not something that bothers me, he wasn't gonna be a title contender or anything special at 170 imo. You can't be a just a good fighter and get away with the bullshit he's pulled. Bellator or somewhere else will take him in now, he'll be fine, hopefully he stops doing this to himself b/c he has no one else to blame.

i'd love to see him get thru a bellator field to see what askren would do w/him.. what would askren's gameplan be!? i'm almost positive he'd still go for td's...

Cejudo is an olympic gold medalist wrestler transitioning to MMA, I wonder if he's fade material like Bubba Jenkins...

yea, i'm tryin to determine if his opponent is worth a shot hehe, LMK if you think so? (and ty for the 411!)

741.png

so much for betting holm & benoit lol. and i don't even remember who cejudo is, sheesh so steep bellator and legacy both on friday. some bday present those lines are, mr. kalikas, thx for nothing!

Cejudo is the best wrestler credential wise in MMA. Top prospect.

Unlike Bubba's first fight in Bellator, we have seen nothing from Cejudo to suggest he is.

yea, i'm tryin to determine if his opponent is worth a shot hehe, LMK if you think so? (and ty for the 411!)

After watching Cejudo's fights I think he is the real deal. Very good footwork, obviously has great takedowns and top control, brutal gnp, and appears to be near impossible to take down. I'm really impressed. I think he could pose a threat to mighty mouse in the future if he continues to develop which I believe he will since he's only 26.

Hollis is a beanpole of a fighter, really tall and skinny, seems to have decent kickboxing and does have an aggressive guard which is good since he's going to get taken down. I dunno, if my bankroll was bigger right now I might take a small stab at Hollis just because of the fact that he does like to throw up subs and he will almost assuredly end up on his back, but I think he's going to get ragdolled and pounded out. I would definitely play the under in this fight if that becomes available at a decent price, Cejudo is a finisher.

Regarding all of the Palhares being cut talk, I personally agree with it. He's a repeat offender and is notorious for it and deserves to be punished for it. To all those saying that it's extreme when looking people like Rampage and Hendo who didn't get punished and were even rewarded for their unnecessary follow up punches on Wand and Bisping respectively I disagree because one person not being punished for doing something awful doesn't mean the next awful thing shouldn't get punished either.

Nothing disgusts me more when people don't respect each other in the cage. You can talk all the smack you want outside but once you're in there you have to behave like a respectful human being because one wrong move can seriously ruin a fighters life and the shots that Rampage landed on Wand simply for revenge was just brutal and Rampage showed his true colours there and I am not the kind of person who gets off on that shit. Those actions really set the sport back and it's going to be hard to get approval for this sport in the mainstream society when some of these guys show no respect to their opponents well being. I know it's a cage fight but you have to look out for the well being of your opponents as well as yourself. The whole "let the ref stop the fight" shit is nonsense too, if a guy is knocked stiff as a board you don't need to jump on him just because the ref doesn't stop it. I know some people can get a bad break like someone saying "He's out" and getting a stoppage from a submission when the other guy clearly wasn't out of it, but in the long run fighter safety is the most important thing.

I seriously would not be surprised to hear someday down the road that a fighter died after receiving excessive brain damage from shots that occurred after they were already knocked unconscious prior to the shots. Anyone who puts their "record" or "revenge" over the health of their opponents lacks the respect that is supposed to be the backbone of martial arts and they don't deserve to compete with others at that level if that's how they choose to behave.

That's my rant for the day but I stand by everything I said. I would gladly don't understand how some people love seeing things like that....

I might play Gonzaga ITD. He's got great BJJ and has started to use it again. Can Jordan keep Gonzaga off him? Also, Gonzaga does have a lot of power. Jordan's been KO'd before.
Jordan is rightfully the favorite, but IMO there's value on Gonzaga. Anyone agree?

Maybe Cain wins in rd 3, 4 or 5? I can see him stopping JDS this time, but not in rd. 1 or 2.

I might play Boetsch by KO if the odds will be right.

Also, anyone got a clue as to what the Te Huna vs Shogun odds will be. Long way out, I know. But I'm very interested in those lines.

John Dodson beats Darrell Montague
Tony Furgeson beats Mike Rio
KJ Noons beats George Sotiropoulos
Nate Marquardt beats Hector Lombard
Luke Rockhold beats Tim Boetsch
Gilbert Milendez beats Diego Sanchez
Daniel Cormier beats Roy Nelson
Cain Velasquez beats Junior Dos Santos

That is what I got, not sure if all matches are still on seeing as how I made this list awhile ago and 2 of them not sure of, KJ Noons is more of a "I like him" as well as Nate.

EDIT: Well looks like my Luke Rockhold will be off and turned into Dolloway beating Boetsch.
gsot and lombard are winning

i'd love to see him get thru a bellator field to see what askren would do w/him.. what would askren's gameplan be!? i'm almost positive he'd still go for td's...

Yeah I would actually be pretty interested to watch that fight to see how he'd go about it like you said. You're playing with fire when you go to the ground with Paul but I agree it's just in Askren's nature to go for it. He doesn't seem like the type of dude to believe he can be handled on the ground.

Lol, I'm actually kind of happy now that Palhares is gone from the ufc if we get a chance to see him against Askren, really like that matchup.

Yeah I would actually be pretty interested to watch that fight to see how he'd go about it like you said. You're playing with fire when you go to the ground with Paul but I agree it's just in Askren's nature to go for it. He doesn't seem like the type of dude to believe he can be handled on the ground.

Lol, I'm actually kind of happy now that Palhares is gone from the ufc if we get a chance to see him against Askren, really like that matchup.

I know this is just all hypotheticals because this fight may never happen anyways but I don't think Ben would dare go to the ground with Palhares. For one thing, his ego as a great wrestler is possibly outsized by his ego as a winner. He strikes me more as a guy who does what it takes to win, it just so happens his normal path is wrestling. Secondly Ben has trained with high level bjj guys and he has been tooled. He knows he's not an elite level submission wrestler. When he entered Mundials at purple belt, I don't think he won a match.

NFL

would anyone suggest taking a prop that says eli completes 24 or more passes tonight? pays +110. thanks in advance

I know this is just all hypotheticals because this fight may never happen anyways but I don't think Ben would dare go to the ground with Palhares. For one thing, his ego as a great wrestler is possibly outsized by his ego as a winner. He strikes me more as a guy who does what it takes to win, it just so happens his normal path is wrestling. Secondly Ben has trained with high level bjj guys and he has been tooled. He knows he's not an elite level submission wrestler. When he entered Mundials at purple belt, I don't think he won a match.

very true, good points. Now that you mention him getting tooled by high level bjj guys, I remember watching Marcelo Garcia completely emasculating him on the mat. I know Marcelo's about as good as you can get but definitely dangerous going to the ground with a top level grappler in Palhares for sure. I'm interested to see how much Ben's striking has evolved, too.

My bellator bets for tomorow

Or in this week's case my 230$ ''donation'' to 5Dimes

But don't worry folks, I've spoilered it to prevent any harm. It's got ''lose'' written all over it, but it's for good fun (I'm the genrous type, thank you).

Warning!!
The following bets should never be read aloud, for they are an insult to the mma gods. Any infraction to this rule shall result in 5 years of betting misfortune. This warning is not to be discounted.
All dogs (save for main even on which i'm passing), not very original, but I'm not gonna lay that steep juice on tomorow's favs. I added the over 1.5's to prevent going 0-3 , i saw that EZ was on some of them and thought it couldn't hurt ..we'll see how it goes

Bellator

Ambrose 40 to win 142.50
-----
Rosa 40 to win 142.50
O1.5 51 to win 43
------
Taimanglo 40 to win 166
O1.5 52 to win 30

Parlay
Taimanglo + Rosa +Ambrose 7$ to win 989$

(Total Risk 230 to win 1513$)

P.S. If ever that parlay cashed, which btw won't happen, it would be the craziest ROI for a 3 team parlay I've seen.

Last edited:
I hope we get Tony Ferguson at -250 or better. Despite being out for a long time I've been on his hype train since his first TUF fight. I think he smashes Rio quickly.

I hope we get Tony Ferguson at -250 or better. Despite being out for a long time I've been on his hype train since his first TUF fight. I think he smashes Rio quickly.

I bet he opens around -200 but gets bet up quickly, I'd definitely play him at that price. Rio is one of those TUF guys that I have no idea why is even in the UFC, he's just not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back