my UFC 155 picks

Kumason

MMA freak!
@Silver
Reaction score
This is without really looking into stuff,just a quick one.

Use these to copy and paste if you want to do your picks.

Main Card
Dos Santos vs Velasquez
Miller vs Lauzon
Boetsch vs Philippou
Okami vs Belcher
Leben vs Brunson

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland
Perez vs Bloodworth
Guillard vs Varner
Johnson vs Jury
De Fries vs Duffee
Garcia vs Holloway
Cariaso vs Moraga

Dos Santos vs Velasquez-I think cain has a great chance of taking this fight he needs to keep it tight and not let JDS get his rythm and distance.I have Cain with the late ref stoppage or decision..Smart money is on JDS of course and if I had to pick right i'd have to choose JDS but I have a feeling cain sticks on him like glue and get's the job done.

Miller vs Lauzon-Real tough fight but after the first Miller will wear on joe and he'll fold like usual for a miller 2nd or 3rd round submission or decision with the 3rd being a beating.

Boetsch vs Philippou-I think it comes down to Consta's speed here he has the better hands and combos he should put it all together for a pretty close decision.If boetsch can make it a wrestling match though....consta's take down defense has gotten very good over the last few years he should be able to keep it vertical.

Okami vs Belcher-hmmmm this fight could go either way.funny thing is their strengths in this match aren't necessarily as clear as it seems.I think Belcher is too offensive and takes too many shots and although okami is a meat and potatoes striker he is effective.I think stand will be closer than most expect and belcher is a huge strong and very technical grappler in his own right so Okami's gonna have some issues there.I think this fight goes either way i'll be rooting for belcher but leaning toward okami.

Leben vs Brunson-The way Leben has looked this match up isn't a one sided beating on paper.Brunson only has 1 loss and that to jacare(his dec loss to grove was BS) with his wrestling he could work leben for a dragged out 15 minute decision.I think the short notice,first time ufc,experience and leben's power etc. will be too much to overcome leben KO 1st or 2nd

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland-Fight of the night written all over it here.I think it's about as even a fight you can get but I lean toward pickett.I have been watching him since the old cage rage days so almost 10 years and I have never seen him give up.Been watching wineland for a long time too...I just see pickett being able to dig a little deeper and pull out a very close win after some rough times.

Perez vs Bloodworth-Idk where byron's been but perez isn't a great guy to face after being out for so long ...perez by rear naked choke in the 2nd.

Guillard vs Varner-Will guillard crumble or kill?You never know when guillard steps in there.I lean toward melvin just moving better,his speed,athleticism and power should win him this fight but Varner isn't to shy so melvins going to have to fight none of this dancing around like with jeremy stephens.Hopefully Varner can take him out but I think guillard will be on point and get a tko or a decision.

Johnson vs Jury-Jury has never lost(10 wins) or even seen the 2nd round...I think both things will change on saturday night.Johnson's improved so much and I don't care for the guy but his skills are really apparent these days.Bar a crazy ko from Jury to mike's questionable chin Johnson by 2nd round tko

De Fries vs Duffee-I would like to see phil win this but I don't think that will happen...It could with only 1 fight since 2010 one's gotta question what's going on..I haven't been keeping up with him so maybe someone can fill me in.Either way stylistically a match Todd should win i'll say gnp tko ref stop late in the first or early 2nd.

Garcia vs Holloway-Well pinpoint accuracy or haymaker everything?I'll take accuracy on that one.With quite short notice max better be blessed with a body that doesn't balloon between fights.At about 6 ft he's a very tall fw.I'm sure he'll be fine though.I think Holloway picks garcia apart I don't think he'll be the first to finish bad boy but he'll win a comfortable decision.

Cariaso vs Moraga-Oh jesus this fights gonna be bananas.I thought Ulysses Gomez was gonna stomp moraga and that was the complete opposite.Now don't quote me on this but moraga's win's are shit like 10 of them are against guys with even or losing records but he showed what he was capable of his last time out and damn.I still have to favor cariaso he's always flown under the radar I think an impressive win here and he'll be looking at a #1 contendership fight or a title shot against the winner of dodson and mighty mouse.

Main Card
Dos Santos vs Velasquez - TKO rd 3
Miller vs Lauzon - Submission round 1
Boetsch vs Philippou - Decision
Okami vs Belcher - TKO round 2
Leben vs Brunson - TKO round 1

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland - TKO round 1
Perez vs Bloodworth - decision
Guillard vs Varner - Sub round 1
Johnson vs Jury - Decision
De Fries vs Duffee - TKO round 1
Garcia vs Holloway - decision
Cariaso vs Moraga - decision

Dos Santos vs Velasquez-I think cain has a great chance of taking this fight he needs to keep it tight and not let JDS get his rythm and distance.I have Cain with the late ref stoppage or decision.

Miller vs Lauzon-Real tough fight but after the first Miller will wear on joe and he'll fold like usually for a miller 2nd or 3rd round submission or decision with the 3rd being a beating.

Boetsch vs Philippou-I think it comes down to Consta's speed here he has the better hands and combos he should put it all together for a pretty close decision.If boetsch can make it a wrestling match though....consta's take down defense has gotten very good over the last few years he should be able to keep it vertical.

Okami vs Belcher-hmmmm this fight could go either way.funny thing is their strengths in this match aren't necessarily as clear as it seems.I think Belcher is too offensive and takes too many shots and although okami is a meat and potatoes striker he is effective.I think stand will be closer than most expect and belcher is a huge strong and very technical grappler in his own right so Okami's gonna have some issues there.I think this fight goes either way i'll be rooting for belcher but leaning toward okami.

Leben vs Brunson-The way Leben has looked this match up isn't a one sided beating on paper.Brunson only has 1 loss and that to jacare(his dec loss to grove was BS) with his wrestling he could work leben for a dragged out 15 minute decision.I think the short notice,first time ufc,experience and leben's power etc. will be too much to overcome leben KO 1st or 2nd

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland-Fight of the night written all over it here.I think it's about as even a fight you can get but I lean toward pickett.I have been watching him since the old cage rage days so almost 10 years and I have never seen him give up.Been watching wineland for a long time too...I just see pickett being able to dig a little deeper and pull out a very close win after some rough times.

Perez vs Bloodworth-Idk where byron's been but perez isn't a great guy to face after being out for so long ...perez by rear naked choke in the 2nd.

Guillard vs Varner-Will guillard crumble or kill?You never know when guillard steps in there.I lean toward melvin just moving better,his speed,athleticism and power should win him this fight but Varner isn't to shy so melvins going to have to fight none of this dancing around like with jeremy stephens.Hopefully Varner can take him out but I think guillard will be on point and get a tko or a decision.

Johnson vs Jury-Jury has never lost(10 wins) or even seen the 2nd round...I think both things will change on saturday night.Johnson's improved so much and I don't care for the guy but his skills are really apparent these days.Bar a crazy ko from Jury to mike's questionable chin Johnson by 2nd round tko

De Fries vs Duffee-I would like to see phil win this but I don't think that will happen...It could with only 1 fight since 2010 one's gotta question what's going on..I haven't been keeping up with him so maybe someone can fill me in.Either way stylistically a match Todd should win i'll say gnp tko ref stop late in the first or early 2nd.

Garcia vs Holloway-Well pinpoint accuracy or haymaker everything?I'll take accuracy on that one.With quite short notice max better be blessed with a body that doesn't balloon between fights.At about 6 ft he's a very tall fw.I'm sure he'll be fine though.I think Holloway picks garcia apart I don't think he'll be the first to finish bad boy but he'll win a comfortable decision.

Cariaso vs Moraga-Oh jesus this fights gonna be bananas.I thought Ulysses Gomez was gonna stomp moraga and that was the complete opposite.Now don't quote me on this but moraga's win's are shit like 10 of them are against guys with even or losing records but he showed what he was capable of his last time out and damn.I still have to favor cariaso he's always flown under the radar I think an impressive win here and he'll be looking at a #1 contendership fight or a title shot against the winner of dodson and mighty mouse.

My picks are highlighted in Bold

259800.png

I'm unsure on many of the fights. Moraga/Cariaso, Guillard/Varner, Okami/Belcher.... hard to call. And I feel like Garcia will go for a takedown and look for the sub. But then again 99% of the time he will swing haymakers all day, but idk his job could be on the line so I think he might fight smart

Main Card
Dos Santos vs Velasquez - JDS (tko 3rd)
Miller vs Lauzon - Miller (tko 2nd)
Boetsch vs Philippou - Boetsch (UD)
Okami vs Belcher - Belcher (tko 2nd)
Leben vs Brunson - Leben (KO 1st)

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland - Wineland (tko 2nd)
Perez vs Bloodworth - Perez (submision 1st)
Guillard vs Varner - Varner (submission 2nd)
Johnson vs Jury - Johnson (tko3rd)
De Fries vs Duffee - Duffee (ko 1st)
Garcia vs Holloway - Garcia (split) Holloway will probably be robbed
Cariaso vs Moraga - Cariaso (UD)

Pick in bold

Main Card
(W) Dos Santos vs Velasquez= 2nd rnd TKO
Miller vs (W) Lauzon= 2nd rnd sub
(W) Boetsch vs Philippou= decision
Okami vs (W) Belcher= 2nd rnd TKO
(W) Leben vs Brunson= 1st rnd TKO

Main Card
Dos Santos vs Velasquez - As much as Cain has been game planning, I think JDS has been working wrestling to stop him. JDS wins and cements himself as one of the all time HW greats.
Miller vs Lauzon - Likely FOTN. Ground war where both guys look great but Miller takes it.
Boetsch vs Philippou - Boetsch by domination. Philippou has a puncher's chance, but barely.
Okami vs Belcher - Belcher wins via KO and gets his title shot.
Leben vs Brunson - Leben does what he does and gets the KO.

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland
Perez vs Bloodworth
Guillard vs Varner
Johnson vs Jury
De Fries vs Duffee
Garcia vs Holloway
Cariaso vs Moraga

I just looked at the odds and Moraga is a pretty heavy favorite over cariaso I found that odd..

Dos Santos vs Velasquez
Miller vs Lauzon
Boetsch vs Philippou
Okami vs Belcher
Leben vs Brunson

Pickett vs Wineland
Guillard vs Varner
Johnson vs Jury
De Fries vs Duffee
Garcia vs Holloway

Tough card to pick.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez - Dos Santos will KO Velasquez. This situation mirrors AS/Franklin too much.
Miller vs Lauzon - Lauzon for the upset. His submissions are too damn slick.
Boetsch vs Philippou - Philippou has great potential and pretty good boxing. He's improved quite a bit and I think this will be his coming out party.
Okami vs Belcher - I think Belcher will stop him via TKO or win a decision. Okami is on a down slide.
Leben vs Brunson - Brunson could definitely win the fight but Leben just has that brawler chance, along with an iron chin.

Prelims
Pickett vs Wineland - Gotta go with Wineland. He's got sick hands and great TDD.
Guillard vs Varner - I'm going to go with Varner. Guillard could definitely beat him but he's so damn inconsistent.
Johnson vs Jury - Going with Johnson. Great skills coming from a good camp on a good win streak.
De Fries vs Duffee - I honestly do not know. Pick 'em fight.
Garcia vs Holloway - Holloway has some nasty striking.

Back