My UFC 155 Bets - Post Yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never bet so some of this is gibberish to me, but what does Obama + jds mean? I get what parlays and all that other stuff is, and why on earth did you bet on Vemola? The guy is going to get smashed imo.

I combined Obama with a lot of futures during the election. I viewed him as close to a lock in the election and his line was very reasonable.

Leben hasn't smashed anyone besides Wandy and Sakara. He had to come from behind vs. Akiyama and Simpson. Honestly, I'd play a lot of people over Leben at + odds. Considering that I believe Vemola has the wrestling to take him down, I actually think Vemola takes a decision here. And no, I don't think very highly of Vemola either.

omg at GG goin from +135 to -195, man did i whiff on not betting that.

that said, i very well may bet rothwell +155.

already put 52 to win 30 because jds odds will get worse no doubt.

omg at GG goin from +135 to -195, man did i whiff on not betting that.

that said, i very well may bet rothwell +155.

Goddamnit! I wanted in on that shit! :mad:

I sort of wished that I played Gonzaga larger (for me anyhow). I just played it medium sized.

already put 52 to win 30 because jds odds will get worse no doubt.

define no doubt. cause i have plenty of doubt. i know it's steadily gotten worse, but w/the event coming up, cain has lots of backers.. i'm actually "betting" on the line to stabilize or dip the other way. i'm hoping, too. cause i want JDS, and i want -150 or better.

I sort of wished that I played Gonzaga larger (for me anyhow). I just played it medium sized.

yea but who knew it'd go from +140 to -200 or w/e. i guess QT knew?

when i KNOW these things will happen, i bet 6ish units on them (i.e. a couple bellators recently). just think about it. if you KNOW a betting line will shift DRAMATICALLY, of COURSE you'll bet the favorable line. but if you just THINK it will, that's different

But for people that bet, let's say $500 on singles on a -200 fighter, with the line staying the same the whole time, basically need several bookies to bet that amount?
Still not sure when they 'reset the limit' unless it's when the betting line changes.

5dimes lets you bet again whenever they reset their servers, which is every 5 minutes or so. It doesn't matter whether or not the odds change. You can keep betting 25 or 100 or whatever again and again as long as you are patient.

What are your limits for straight bets and props, by the way? I'm just curious.

Very random day for 5D to start releasing futures 3 months away.

I wish I would've gotten Rory at the opener of -120. I'll sit it out until the line settles down.

One prop I did like was Rampage/Glover doesn't go 3 rounds at EVEN. Both guys are looking to throw bombs and Glover has a huge BJJ advantage if the fight goes to the ground after someone gets rocked/dropped or Glover completes a TD. It's not a lock but I can definitely see a finish in this fight more often than not.

I thought the line was way off, but then I just second guessed myself. The only time that I've gone deep on an opening line that I thought was WAY off was Dantas/Vila. I think I PMed van1ty on that one to see if he agreed, and he responded quickly yes, so I pulled the trigger. I think most bettors are guilty of second guessing themselves.

define no doubt. cause i have plenty of doubt. i know it's steadily gotten worse, but w/the event coming up, cain has lots of backers.. i'm actually "betting" on the line to stabilize or dip the other way. i'm hoping, too. cause i want JDS, and i want -150 or better.

5dimes has JDS ITD at -140 right now. I just got a bit of it.

whao i didn't see condit-macdonald line.. rory gettin hammered eh? think it'll be like rds 1 and 2 of the last fight w/out a gassing/comeback rd 3 the first time?

5dimes has JDS ITD at -140 right now. I just got a bit of it.

i'm not as quick to write off decision possibility as other people are. i don't like that play, i am thinking (hoping?) to get close to that line for straight JDS bet

Michael Johnson is the biggest lock on this card imo. He will probably be around -350, but I still think that is a solid bet.

Aint even seen the other guy but hes 10/0 and looking at his competition, 90% of the guys he faced had way more losses then wins and a couple of 1-3 fight guys, MJs got all the tools and overall good mma experience and excellent camp am sure he will be pricey though.

even despite all the above ill still check out Myles Jury ;)

so far am liking

Garcia vs Mckenzie
Micheal Johnson vs Myles Jury
Chris Leben vs Karlos Vemola
Brad Pickett vs Eddie Wineland
Yushin Okami vs Alan Belcher
Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon
Tim Boetsch vs Constantinos Philippou
Cain vs JDS

But ill only go for a few plays here

From a quick glance at the card RP3X, I love MJ against Jury, I think Erik Perez is a good bet against Bloodworth, I think Wineland matches up perfectly against Pickett, and JDS for a lot of the reasons you guys have stated.
I know Mckenzie is pretty bad, but he still has the guillotine, and if he can get Garcia down he could tap him out.

Already got belcher at +145. More of a bet thinking the line will drop, which it has, but it is a really close fight. Hoping EZ breaks his belcher curse on this one. :icon_lol: Will probably bet Leben. Liking Wineland at +odds, love Pickett but I think wineland can stay on the outside, pick his shots and avoid brawling with Brad. Just checked and Wineland only has a 1" reach advantage, thought it would be more. Also liking, dare I say it..... Garcia, wonder what the odds will be for that one.

Varner/Guillard line is back up. I had major lulz at the Guillard interview after the fight was called off. The reporter totally set him up.

Reporter: "Will we be able to see Varner fight you in the future?"

Guillard: "Absolutely not. He lost his chance to fight me. He blew it - on to someone else."

Reporter: "Dana White says you are fighting Jamie Varner at UFC 155."

Melvin:
26458154.jpg

Weird how they opened Varner higher than where he finished for last w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back