My Training Video

Can't wait to get home so I can see a swezekial

Ok. I'm not going to be mean.

I'll just say this. There is supposed to be one among them that is a "blue belt" under the Gracie's BYOB program (buy your own belt).

There were many issues that I saw with technique. Too many to pinpoint. They need more formalized training.

That's as nice as I can be.

At least you are starting on the feet, better than all those pansy ass real gyms

LOL dang people love to hate. I said straight up that none of us belonged to an MMA gym or have any real martial arts experience. We all just do it for the fun of it, that's it. Yes we have a small amount of mat space in a garage, whats so bad about that? And yes its in michigan where it is cold as crap right now, and the garage isn't connected to the house and has no heat so yeah we wear socks sometimes to slow the process of frost bite :D . Honeslty I just posted it here to get more youtube views. But thanks for the nice comments and the hate. I don't see what the big deal is really.

I couldn't get past the first like minute. Sorry man. The first "grappling" part the one guy had like 100 pounds on his partner.

hey at least your doing something constructive with your time but like someone already mentioned get to the nearest gym so you can have guidance you can actually get good............. eventually..................maybe :icon_lol:

Are you having fun and being safe?
That's what matters.
If you want to get better, join a gymn.

Are you having fun and being safe?
That's what matters.
If you want to get better, join a gymn.

There is a question of safety there, as it doesn't appear that any break fall training has been done (not that there were any truly dynamic throws).

One guy got winded and apparently dazed from not break falling a pretty poor osoto gari.

Doing standing grappling on puzzle mats, in a garage without wall pads, when you don't even know how to breakfall = Recipe for disaster.

Continuing to "train" like this at all = Recipe to make yourself WORSE at grappling. It would be better to have zero muscle memory than to ingrain the terrible movements you guys are using.

Doing standing grappling on puzzle mats, in a garage without wall pads, when you don't even know how to breakfall = Recipe for disaster.

Continuing to "train" like this at all = Recipe to make yourself WORSE at grappling. It would be better to have zero muscle memory than to ingrain the terrible movements you guys are using.

He has a good point. You don't want to reinforce bad technique and make it muscle memory.

are you guys planning on doing any local fights? that was a really slick hoody collar choke.

Where in Michigan are you? My 6 year old needs a sparring partner that he can beat on for a little bit of self confidence.

Have you guys considered signing up as a Gracie garage?

You guys are taking big risks with very little potential reward. You aren't going to progress in any meaningful way and the chance of getting injured in that situation is pretty high. Join a gym.

Yellow pants has his blue belt? Wut. Can I get one too if I buy gracie's dvd set?

@3:00, I lol'd when he smashed into the barely padded ground.

Seriously though,

I hate to go all mom and shit on y'all, but this fella came on here very politely and respectfully. He didn't know, but he wants to learn, and he had the guts to post a video. I'm not even sure I'd do that, and I've been training for 5-1/2 years. :)

^^, very true, lets try and have some respect for the guy.

Overall, I think it's cool that you guys are having fun and playing around, more power to you. I get together with friends and practice techniques from time to time, it's fun and looks like you have a neat little facility; but you should probably all attend a gym so you have a base of knowledge for what the fuck is actually going on.

ps,

I think William is the best out of all of you.

Last edited:
It be honest, that's not "training". Thats F**king around with friends in the garage. Training would have you set up a DVD player and take turns drilling the sh!t out of a Saulo technique DVD for and hour. Rolling is fun, but it will not make you better if you don't know what you are doing. If all you have is the garage, then do technique. I'd be 1000x more impressed by a video of you guys doing an upa 500 times as you watch a BB on youtube and try to hone the movement to perfection.BTW you owe me 6 minutes of my life back.

Back