My training schedule to become sucessful.. help me fix it up

link002

White Belt
Reaction score
I am currently 16 years old, and live in Oshawa Ontario. I train kickboxing at Bruckmann Martial Arts, and my local extreme fitness for weight training.

My schedule is:
Monday: Back
Tuesday:Kickboxing from 730-900
Wednesday: Chest
Thursday: Kickboxing from 730-900
Friday- arms
Saturday- Kickboxing from 730-900
Sunday- Shoulders

I can only do workouts during the evening, Should I keep this schedule or do u suggest I change some things, anything is helpful, thanks.

Read the FAQ, and the link to the section on routines.

What about your legs kid? Your legs?

faq? and legs? haha i dont know man, i cant move for the next three days after legs, I thought the striking training helped work my legs

faq? and legs? haha i dont know man, i cant move for the next three days after legs, I thought the striking training helped work my legs

If the squat and/or deadlift are not part of your routine, you're doing it wrong.

You're 16, you should have great recovery. If you're not recovering right, you're not sleeping enough, and/or your nutrition is off.

And no, technique training is not a substitute for conditioning work. They are separate beasts. The fact is that once you get used to working your legs, they will recover quicker, and you won't feel sore for three days after training.

focus on cardio as well, you never know you might become a fighter.

okay guys, when can i fit in my leg workout without it affecting my other exercises.. and when can i fit my cardio in? and how many times a week?

There are a lot of good routines in the faq, you named body part which indicates the isolation of those part. What are your goals? Do you do any conditioning?, Is your goal for strength?, a mixture of the two along with technical improvement of your kickboxing?

Both the S+P faq and the conditioning faq could be greatly beneficial reads to you.

Also, you have no scheduled rest days.

Last edited:
okay guys, when can i fit in my leg workout without it affecting my other exercises.. and when can i fit my cardio in? and how many times a week?

Do an upper/lower split.

Drop the arm day, you're not body building, and the big lifts + pullups/dips will work the arms in the ways that matter.

Incorporate all three big lifts: deadlift, squat, bench.

Deadlift = legs, lower back, forearms/grip. Squat = legs and core. Bench = Triceps, chest, shoulders. Incline and declined is good too. Weighted pullups and dips are great.

Do sprints 2x a week at least.

dude get rid of the arm and shoulder day and do squat and dead lift, why people devote a whole workout to arms is beyond me.

Back