My town is targeting toxic masculinity...

XQfCPsx.jpg

There's nothing toxic about masculinity.

The problem with calling aggressive behavior "toxic masculinity" is that people then conflate normal masculine behavior with toxic behavior.

Coming onto someone too strong and not taking no for an answer isn't "masculine" behavior, heck I see women do this more than men in the workplace.

You could argue perhaps more outdated terminology in terms of certain behaviour that either gender can undertake is viewed as masculine or feminine.

Honestly for all the "masculinity under threat" hype I think actually the opppsite, were living in a very masculine era akin to the late 19th century. The fundamental focus of society from the 80's onwards has been individualist capitalism, a clearly IMHO masculine position and much of modern feminism embraces it.

Last edited:
Don't care still gonna hit on chicks. <{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}>

You could argue perhaps more outdated terminology in terms of certain behaviour that either gender can undertake as viewed as masculine or feminine.

Honestly for all the "masculinity under threat" hype I think actually the opppsite, were living in a very masculine era akin to the late 19th century. The fundamental focus of society from the 80's onwards has been individualist capitalism, a clearly IMHO masculine position and much of modern feminism embraces it.
I think part of the problem IS that so much of modern feminism embraces masculinity and coopts it into their identity AND then creates a double standard where it targets aspects of it as unacceptable in "men." By "men" I mean in the conceptual idea of men and then because women aren't men they are excused by default.

There is sort of a parallel movement of feminine power, like insta-thots and most female celebrities, but then a lot of men just LOVE to hate on those chicks that are in the lower echelons of that hierarchy.

Last edited:
Do you mean, like, a snipe hunt? Go out in the woods, look for a thing that isn’t there? Maybe leave a buddy behind, all scared and alone?
Exactly, blow up a symptom of something complex and frame it in a simplified way so people feel like they have a handle on the situation where the "solution" in no way resolves the issue but instead gets people to police each other more and more.

Last edited:
Back