My Top 10 MMA Fighters of All Time.

An unfortunate truth, but one that we must either change, or learn to live with

the truth is that GSP played it smart, always has, always will, and he was rewarded for learning the system.

He was rewarded, he knew what he had to do to secure a victory in round five and did it. It still doesn't change my mind about the fight, and in my own version of GSP's career he is 23-3-1. Just like with Benson's string of decisions, I will decide for myself how good I think a fighter is, based off the things that I see as important. Official records are not the most important thing for me. 1

Ha, touche.

Though it's fair to note that GSP beat the ever loving piss out of him the second fight, somewhat redeeming himself.

Plus he's never been held down and punched in the face by any guy that can wrestle a little.

But sure, he's never had to face the mighty wrath of a fighter the caliber of

Ryo Chonnan, Luiz Azeredo, Daiju Takase, Patrick Cote, Thales Leites, James Irvin or Stephen Bonnar!

Guess he should have fought the minus twenty ranked in his division instead of the top ten...
He was still outclassed in the 1st by a man that had no business being in the cage with him.

He's also never given us highlight reel finishes and exciting performances. He chooses to play it safe and take 0 risks.

Oh yes, Hardy, Penn, Alves, Serra... that's a murderer's row.

You must have missed all ofthe rumors of GSP's impending retirement, his clear mental decline, and the increasing physical toll caused by his multiple injuries (fighters are never quite the same after ACL tears you know). GSP would have in all likeliness retired regardless of the result at 167. He fought Diaz in a money fight before Hendricks, that is wrong, but Hendricks got his fight in. Again, Anderson wanted to retire after losing ot Weidman the first time, but he clearly wasn't ducking him. The best part is that there is nothing that you can say that proves me wrong. Can you find any quotes of "I don't want to fight JH."

Yeah, I'd say GSP was past his prime. Several injuries (including ACL tears). Struggling with Diaz in a way that would never have happened before, incluidng uncharactersistic struggling for takedowns and gassing.

People picking GSP by domination were wrong, and even I, one of GSP's biggest fans expected a close decision. People were caught up in the aura of GSP's invincibility, which, frankly, when observed under a microscope didn't quite hold up. Beyond that, Hendricks had not impressed in some of his other fights and had been pissing a lot of people off. People who were suggesting another 50-45 were, in all honesty, lazy, and not interested in giving the fight an actual analysis. Hendricks, for his part, had showed up looking much better than even I had expected (much more diverse striking arsenal than expected, better TDD than expected, more gas than I had though etc...). Yes GSP was decidedly past his prime, when you have multiple ACL tears and have been fighting hte best of the best in your division for 7 years, you can't be expected to be at your best, especially when you have a training regiment as disciplined and physically taxing as GSPs.

GSP and Anderson are very comparable. You like to forget that people had been claiming that Anderson was like fine wine, only getting better with age; I had even heard wispers of comparison to Roberto Duran. Certainly, he had looked excellent against Bonnar, Chael, and Okami of late. Beyond that, you're forgetting that Anderson and GSP have different styles: GSP is a wrestler, and thus, his ligaments and tendons (so essential to his game) are the first to go. Anderson for his part, is primarily a striker. And while Strikers typically lose their chins before they lose anything else, Anderson's defensive skill had led few to doubt his chin. Hell, Anderson was even the favorite in the Weidman rematch. Past his prime? Probably, but you'd never know it coming in to the Weidman fight, while anybody that bothered to look at all into GSP's past few fights could tell that there was some evidence of decline.

It's been a long time RedHawks, I missed schooling you

Rumors? Such as Zahabi outright denying retirement and GSP claiming he had a superfight in mind? Also, clear mental decline? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you good friends with GSP's therapist or something? There is absolutely no proof of GSP suffering a 'mental decline'. GSP outright said 'I thought Hendricks lost to Koscheck' and didn't give him a title shot.

People claimed that Hendricks wasn't good enough because they didn't want to admit he was a legitimate challenge to St. Pierre's title. He had 4 top 10 wins and had knocked out 2 top 5 opponents in the 1st round. GSP is not past his prime at the age of 32 with 27 fights, especially considering how he's touted for not receiving damage.

That's a nice bit of revisionist history right there. A lot of people, MMA analysts and fans alike, were wondering when Anderson would show up and look his age. In fact, a lot of people before the Weidman fight were claiming how old Anderson is starting to look. He wasn't as fast against Okami, Sonnen, or Bonnar but he was so damn good he still beat them and finished them convincingly. No one thought GSP was past his prime until after the Hendricks fight. He had convincingly beaten Condit and Diaz (a fighter who many GSP fans thought was his biggest threat)

How does it feel to get completely owned once again?

Wandy Fedor Hunto Nick Diaz Big Nog Cain Penn Sanchez Cro Cop Hendo

He was still outclassed in the 1st by a man that had no business being in the cage with him.

He's also never given us highlight reel finishes and exciting performances. He chooses to play it safe and take 0 risks.

Oh yes, Hardy, Penn, Alves, Serra... that's a murderer's row.

...yeah, kinda.

Hardy, Serra, sure. Fair enough, not really the cream of the crop.

Alves was a beast, BJ Penn is an arguable top 10 of all time...not to mention that GSP from the start of his UFC career fought only the best of the best, like right out the gate.

Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk, Karo Parisyan, Matt Hughes and BJ Penn all before he even touched the gold, not to mention up and comers Jason Miller and Jay Heiron, who at the time were really highly touted. Ivan Mejivar in his first fight, these are all people who have actually accomplished things.

Anderson fought (And lost) to virtual nobodies in various organizations to start out, the once he got the gold fought dudes like Cote, Leites, Lutter, Irvin, Bonnar, Griffin and so on while his division caught up with him. GSP meanwhile has remained relevant, and would still more than likely re-wipe out his division if he felt like it. Anderson would likely as not lose to anyone in the current top 5 of his.

I dunno man, I like AS and he's clearly amazing but GSP just has a lot more going for him.

...yeah, kinda.

Hardy, Serra, sure. Fair enough, not really the cream of the crop.

Alves was a beast, BJ Penn is an arguable top 10 of all time...not to mention that GSP from the start of his UFC career fought only the best of the best, like right out the gate.

Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk, Karo Parisyan, Matt Hughes and BJ Penn all before he even touched the gold, not to mention up and comers Jason Miller and Jay Heiron, who at the time were really highly touted. Ivan Mejivar in his first fight, these are all people who have actually accomplished things.

Anderson fought (And lost) to virtual nobodies in various organizations to start out, the once he got the gold fought dudes like Cote, Leites, Lutter, Irvin, Bonnar, Griffin and so on while his division caught up with him. GSP meanwhile has remained relevant, and would still more than likely re-wipe out his division if he felt like it. Anderson would likely as not lose to anyone in the current top 5 of his.

I dunno man, I like AS and he's clearly amazing but GSP just has a lot more going for him.

Holy fuck, that's just delusional as hell.

Trigg, Sherk, Alves, Diaz, Serra... these guys are not world beaters. Hell, Condit's resume is even lacking badly.

Anderson also wasn't afraid to go up in weight to defeat bigger men that were top ranked, unlike GSP. GSP would rather opt to going to LW.

GSP has a hype machine behind him claiming that all of his opponents were world beaters that were basically superhuman and unbeatable. Many of GSP's opponents were not very accomplished. One of the most accomplished opponents he fought, was a LW, who now fights at FW.

Bj and Randy have too many losses during their prime to be that high on the list for me. I think Aldo is clearly above them

Lol at people taking bj so high. It's ridiculous that he's in anyone's top ten, and top 5 is just plain stupid. Same with Randy

Rumors? Such as Zahabi outright denying retirement and GSP claiming he had a superfight in mind? Also, clear mental decline? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you good friends with GSP's therapist or something? There is absolutely no proof of GSP suffering a 'mental decline'. GSP outright said 'I thought Hendricks lost to Koscheck' and didn't give him a title shot.

People claimed that Hendricks wasn't good enough because they didn't want to admit he was a legitimate challenge to St. Pierre's title. He had 4 top 10 wins and had knocked out 2 top 5 opponents in the 1st round. GSP is not past his prime at the age of 32 with 27 fights, especially considering how he's touted for not receiving damage.

That's a nice bit of revisionist history right there. A lot of people, MMA analysts and fans alike, were wondering when Anderson would show up and look his age. In fact, a lot of people before the Weidman fight were claiming how old Anderson is starting to look. He wasn't as fast against Okami, Sonnen, or Bonnar but he was so damn good he still beat them and finished them convincingly. No one thought GSP was past his prime until after the Hendricks fight. He had convincingly beaten Condit and Diaz (a fighter who many GSP fans thought was his biggest threat)

How does it feel to get completely owned once again?

Now your just contradicting your self, earlier you said gsp had trouble beating condit and Diaz to prove he's not "dominate". Then you go on to say he beat them convincingly to prove he wasn't declining. Your a troll and a gsp hater no one should take your words for anything but garbage

Holy fuck, that's just delusional as hell.

Trigg, Sherk, Alves, Diaz, Serra... these guys are not world beaters. Hell, Condit's resume is even lacking badly.

Anderson also wasn't afraid to go up in weight to defeat bigger men that were top ranked, unlike GSP. GSP would rather opt to going to LW.

GSP has a hype machine behind him claiming that all of his opponents were world beaters that were basically superhuman and unbeatable. Many of GSP's opponents were not very accomplished. One of the most accomplished opponents he fought, was a LW, who now fights at FW.

Oh, I wasn't saying that their current resumes are any good or that they're fantastic. You need to put these things into perspective, and there are a few ways to look at them.

When GSP was fighting these guys, they were really highly touted and had great records, and were kind of hype machines. For a few examples, Karo Parysian was 10-3 and had won his last 4 fights and after GSP won his next 5, with victories over Nick Diaz, Nick Thompson, Matt Serra and Chris Lytle to boast. The way GSP murked him was ridiculous. Frank Trigg was 12-3, with losses only to Sakurai and Hughes x2. Sherk was 31-1-1, with his only loss coming to Hughes. Alves was on a 7 fight winning streak, with wins over Kos, Hughes, Karo...

You see what I mean? Silva has beaten some decent guys, but the majority of his wins weren't even impressive at the time, let alone in hindsight. GSP has only ever faced people who were world ranked, and he always made them look like they were in the wrong sport. His whole career. Silva cannot even pretend to make that same claim.

Here's my list and it's completely unbiased.
1) Anderson Silva-10 title defenses and made ppl look like they never fought before.
2) Fedor-Dominant for many years and was unbeatable in his prime.
3) GSP-8 title defenses, the 9th was bullshit. He lacks the finishes for the top 2 spot, but has the most impressive resume of all time.
4) Jon Jones-7 title defenses, one was questionable and the Sonnen one was a complete joke, but he's making his case for top 3 very soon. IF he beats DC and Gus decisively, I would put him at number 1.
5) BJ Penn- 1 of 2 to be ufc champ in two weight classes. Destroyed Hughes in his prime when he moved up from LW back in the day.
6) Matt Hughes-7 title defenses
7) Chuck Liddell-4 title defenses, 7 kos in a row
8) Wanderlei Silva-ran shit in Pride for a while
9) Jose Aldo-Needs to go back to WEC Aldo in order to crack top 5
10) Randy Couture-ufc champ in two weight classes, but was never that dominate unbeatable kind of guy and was handed title shots up the ass.

Honorable Mentions: Dan Henderson and Big Nog. I will get heat for not putting Dan, but he's never been a dominate fighter and although hes had a great career, hes had so many close fights. For my top 10, you have to be dominate and he just wasn't.

Your list did not include Kazushi Sakuraba.

You are a noob.

Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Hendo
Nog
Cro Cop
Saku
Rampage

Georges St. Pierre
Anderson Silva
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Fedor Emelianenko
B.J. Penn
Dan Henderson
Quinton Jackson
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes
Randy Couture

1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
5. Dylon
6. Dylon
7. Dylon
8. Dylon
9. Dylon
10. Dylon

a lot of people agree with incompetence in that case

I can respect folks who think GSP won the first round even if I disagree, but playing the numbers game is a losing battle for your point of view. The strength of your argument is that two judges agreed with you, but outside of that relatively few fans or MMA media sites agree with your view.

Back