My Top 10 MMA Fighters of All Time.

Saku has to be #1.

IMO, there is Saku, and then there is everyone else. Biggest inspiration ever.

Good list. Jones will undoubtedly take the #1 spot if he beats Gus and Cormier. GSP should never be ranked higher than Anderson ever.

I disagree.....GSP's dance card is much stronger that Andy's....IMO Andy fought a lot of questionable opponents!
Silva's weak competition: to name a few....C.Stout, Leban, Irvin, Cote, Leites, & Bonnar.....GSP defeated every opponent he faced....just because U did NOT like the Hendricks decision - tough shit - GSP won! And deserves to be above Andy who couldn't defeat a kid with 10 pro fights...

Last edited:
GSP is easily #1 despite your reasoning! You say his 9th defence doesn't count cause you didn't agree with the decision???? Tough shit TS!

GSP is one defence behind Silva but unlike Silva defeated every single man he ever faced in and out of the UFC and would've won a rematch with Hendricks(still might in December?)

1.Fedor
2.Gsp
3.Mr.Anderson
4.Bones
5.blowjob
6.Aldo
7.Hughes
8.Wandy
9.Randy
10.Hendo

GSP is easily #1 despite your reasoning! You say his 9th defence doesn't count cause you didn't agree with the decision???? Tough shit TS!

GSP is one defence behind Silva but unlike Silva defeated every single man he ever faced in and out of the UFC and would've won a rematch with Hendricks(still might in December?)

Hahaha... are you fucking kidding me? He 'retired' so he wouldn't have to rematch Hendricks. For fuck's sake, he said Shields or Rory would be champ after his retirement. He wants no part of Hendricks, and never did in the 1st place. That's why he made Hendricks rack up 4 top 10 wins (more than any other previous contender) just to get a title shot.

A majority of MMA fans/reporters/analysts had Hendricks beating him. GSP shouldn't have an extra defense or extra top 10 win because he should've lost that fight. Good thing he had shitty judges for his fight that night, or else he would've walked away without the strap.

1. Emelianenko
2. GSP
3. Silva
4. Jones
5. Hughes
6. Nogueira
7. Aldo
8. Henderson
9. Shogun
10. Couture
GSP and Silva are interchangeable IMHO.

My criteria for St. Pierre barely eclipsing Anderson Silva is I felt he was the more dominant champ. GSP was humbly and quietly dominating fights, Anderson did not dominate the same number of fighters. Weidman, Sonnen, Hendo, and even Lutter made him look like a human punching bag for moments in their fights.

Aldo needs to go back to the WEC him to crack the top 5. You crack me up.

1. Emelianenko
2. GSP
3. Silva
4. Jones
5. Hughes
6. Nogueira
7. Aldo
8. Henderson
9. Shogun
10. Couture

GSP and Silva are interchangeable IMHO.

My criteria for St. Pierre outranking Anderson Silva is I felt he was the more dominant champ. GSP was humbly and quietly dominating fights, Anderson did outclass plenty of fighters and others not so much. Weidman, Sonnen, Hendo, and even Lutter made him look like a human punching bag for moments in their fights.

GSP had a lot of trouble with Shields, Serra, Condit, and Hendricks. So, that's some weird logic.

Oh, and Hughes.

Hahaha... are you fucking kidding me? He 'retired' so he wouldn't have to rematch Hendricks. For fuck's sake, he said Shields or Rory would be champ after his retirement. He wants no part of Hendricks, and never did in the 1st place. That's why he made Hendricks rack up 4 top 10 wins (more than any other previous contender) just to get a title shot.

A majority of MMA fans/reporters/analysts had Hendricks beating him. GSP shouldn't have an extra defense or extra top 10 win because he should've lost that fight. Good thing he had shitty judges for his fight that night, or else he would've walked away without the strap.

It was a close fight. Not everybody is going to agree. GSP is face may have looked more damage but he kept it at a close fight. Still thought GSP won.

It's pretty obvious that you hate George.

1. James Toney
2. Jason Guida
3. Andy Wang
4. Shannon Ritch
5. Wes Sims
6. Rob Browning
7. Art Jimmerson
8. Kalib Starnes
9. Kimbo Slice
10. Sean Salmon

Duh.

He actually didn't. He became the #1 LW for the first time after kicking the crap out of Gomi. Then he didn't fight at LW again for 4 years. He then went on to become the #1 LW again after he beat up Stevenson, and held the championship for 2 years.

So he was #1 at LW for maybe 3 years.

Nog and Hendo were #1 at HW and MW for just as long, and people don't call their reigns dominant (my proof being TS).

in what world is being the #1 LW for 3 years not dominant?

you're also confusing #1 and champion. BJ only really had Alvarez and Aoki to dispute his reign (and nobody felt they really stood a chance).

Hendo's reign as #1 was actually a lot briefer than you are making it out to be. Yes, he was the Pride champ, but that doesn't take into account people having guys like Lindland, Tanner, and Franklin as #1 at different times (and yes, they all held the #1 position at some point or another), his loss to Misaki, or his frequent weight jumping.

Nog's reign at HW was dominant, and lasted about a year and a half, except there was very frequent fighting.

I disagree.....GSP's dance card is much stronger that Andy's....IMO Andy fought a lot of questionable opponents!
Silva's weak competition: to name a few....C.Stout, Leban, Irvin, Cote, Leites, & Bonnar.....GSP defeated every opponent he faced....just because U did NOT like the Hendricks decision - tough shit - GSP won! And deserves to be above Andy who couldn't defeat a kid with 10 pro fights...

Oh yes, being 1-1 vs Serra and beating BJ and Sherk who were LWs is not questionable. Dan Hardy was very questionable and GSP didn't leave a mark on his face. Irvin was at 205 and a short notice fight as was Bonnar. Whoever Anderson fought that you may think is questionable, he wrecked (other than butt flopping Leites).

Holding the Weidman fights against a guy Anderson's age and after fighting for so long is ridiculous.

Anderson is the GOAT.

1. Fedor Emelianko
2. Anderson Silva
3. Jon Jones
4. GSP
5. Jose Aldo
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. B.J. Penn
8. Chuck Liddel
9. Minotauro Nogueira
10. Randy Couture
11. Renan Barao>>>Soon to be top 6

GSP had a lot of trouble with Shields, Serra, Condit, and Hendricks. So, that's some weird logic.

What relevance does the Serra (and Hughes) fights have to do with evaluating GSP? Who won the rematch?

It's like hugging to Okami's nuts to this day because he once defeated Silva, one time. Silva literally and figuratively squashed him in the second fight. It's called an anomaly. Don't mean to be a dick but I think that's wierd logic too, bro.

let's assume for a second that you are correct in assuming that GSP wants no part of Hendricks (and there is much evidence that that's just total shit). And let's just assume that Hendricks/GSP was a robbery, as opposed to a close fight that could have gone either way (as it was).

Is this really all you have on GSP? Really? A close fight when he was past his prime and, if your hilariously delusional reasoning is correct, avoiding a rematch with Hendricks?

Let's start with this: Anderson wanted to retire after the first Weidman fight, do we disparage him for that? No, absolutely not, and frankly, we shouldn't hold his two losses against weidman that much against him, that doesn't erase everything else he's done. Certainly no more than we should hold a close win against GSP.

Fedor, Silva, Gsp, Big Nog, Hendo, Hughes, Shogun, Wanderlei + Aldo and Jones, but i can't rank them yet.

Back