My Top 10 MMA Fighters of All Time.

EvanSullivan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Here's my list and it's completely unbiased.
1) Anderson Silva-10 title defenses and made ppl look like they never fought before.
2) Fedor-Dominant for many years and was unbeatable in his prime.
3) GSP-8 title defenses, the 9th was bullshit. He lacks the finishes for the top 2 spot, but has the most impressive resume of all time.
4) Jon Jones-7 title defenses, one was questionable and the Sonnen one was a complete joke, but he's making his case for top 3 very soon. IF he beats DC and Gus decisively, I would put him at number 1.
5) BJ Penn- 1 of 2 to be ufc champ in two weight classes. Destroyed Hughes in his prime when he moved up from LW back in the day.
6) Matt Hughes-7 title defenses
7) Chuck Liddell-4 title defenses, 7 kos in a row
8) Wanderlei Silva-ran shit in Pride for a while
9) Jose Aldo-Needs to go back to WEC Aldo in order to crack top 5
10) Randy Couture-ufc champ in two weight classes, but was never that dominate unbeatable kind of guy and was handed title shots up the ass.

Honorable Mentions: Dan Henderson and Big Nog. I will get heat for not putting Dan, but he's never been a dominate fighter and although hes had a great career, hes had so many close fights. For my top 10, you have to be dominate and he just wasn't.

Good list. I'd probably have Shogun over Chuck and Wand, and Rampage over Chuck.

If Shogun were consistently healthy, he'd easily be in the top 10 but whenever Shogun stepped foot inside the Octagon you didnt know which Shogun you'd get

If Shogun were consistently healthy, he'd easily be in the top 10 but whenever Shogun stepped foot inside the Octagon you didnt know which Shogun you'd get

No doubt, but his Pride run was better than Wanderlei's, he won titles in both major promotions and was the consensus #1 at more than one point in his career, which Liddell wasn't.

1. GSP - wrecked every fighter he fought. Hendricks is an asterisk.

2. Fedor - Fat little man who coined "Decade of Dominance".

3. Anderson - It was a pretty good muay thai clinic.

Top four are in horrible order and BJ at fifth? I can think of much better fighters... I dunno... Jose Aldo, anyone?

This list is full of bias and not in the amount where you can say "well everyone is biased!" You literally wrote shit like, "needs to go back to WEC Aldo to crack top 5".

He's winning and has a stranglehold on his division... Fuck off with the excitement/finishing crap. That's an argument for two dudes who are close in their standing and Aldo > BJ.

Personally:
1 GSP
2 Anderson
3 Fedor
4 BJ
5 Hendo
6 Nog
7 Hughes
8 Aldo
9 Wand
10 Faber/Randy

1. Fedor
2. Anderson Silva
3. GSP
4. Randy Couture
5. BJ Penn
6. Jon Jones
7. Matt Hughes
8. Chuck Liddell
9. Big Nog
10. Dan Henderson

Top four are in horrible order and BJ at fifth? I can think of much better fighters... I dunno... Jose Aldo, anyone?

This list is full of bias and not in the amount where you can say "well everyone is biased!" You literally wrote shit like, "needs to go back to WEC Aldo to crack top 5".

He's winning and has a stranglehold on his division... Fuck off with the excitement/finishing crap. That's an argument for two dudes who are close in their standing and Aldo > BJ.

Hoese is definitely working his way up there.

Fedor fought the above classes when there weren't any.

Pettis Aldo is like a Cro Cop Fedor for the modern times.

well BJ at least dominated LW for a while (although a lot of the best competition at the time was in Japan)
He actually didn't. He became the #1 LW for the first time after kicking the crap out of Gomi. Then he didn't fight at LW again for 4 years. He then went on to become the #1 LW again after he beat up Stevenson, and held the championship for 2 years.

So he was #1 at LW for maybe 3 years.

Nog and Hendo were #1 at HW and MW for just as long, and people don't call their reigns dominant (my proof being TS).

Last edited:
Ppl can think what they want, but I have no bias. Chuck is my favorite fighter of all time and he's not even in my top 5 and Couture is my second favorite and he's barely in the top 10. I hate Anderson with a passion but to me hes the GOAT.

Aldo is an amazing fighter, but he really hasnt looked anything dominant in the UFC. Aldo hasn't been that dominant in my opinion and he's only looked really good against Mendes in the UFC.

Good list. Jones will undoubtedly take the #1 spot if he beats Gus and Cormier. GSP should never be ranked higher than Anderson ever.

Back