My thoughts (And early prediction) for Thiago Alves vs Stephen Thompson

RyuRan

White Belt
Reaction score
Just reading that this fight was announced for the UFC on fox 12 card. Very good match up and I hope neither guy gets injured before because I really want to see this fight. It's going to be an insane fight because it's safe to assume they aren't taking this to the ground.

A war on the feet is what I expect to see, with some great exchanges. I'm picking thompson for this one, his sneaky attack plus ever improving boxing/clinch work makes for a dangerous fighter. Anybody who will stand and trade with thompson in a kickboxing type of match will get outclassed. You can bet on a Thompson unanimous decision.

thanks, will go bet on Wonderboy immediately now due to your post

Havent seen this fight mentioned anywhere. I doubt its happening, they wanna build Thompson up slowly.

Haven't heard of this announcement, bummer if true, don't wanna see either guy lose

Hard to bet against Thiago against another striker.

Thiago seems far too experienced at this stage for Thompson but then again Thompson's looked pretty good so far. Could be a great fight if true

Nothing on google about this fight. But if we're talking about experience, Thompson has a lot more experience when it comes to striking. So unless Thiago mixes things up with some grappling and/or tries to clinch fight/dirty box, he will probably lose.

Thiago seems far too experienced at this stage for Thompson but then again Thompson's looked pretty good so far. Could be a great fight if true

Thompson has been a striker even before entering MMA. He's an accurate striker w/ enough power to hurt anyone with a variety of shots....I'm going with wonderboy specially with the "rust factor" on Thiago...

most likely scenario...
lyoto-machida_thiago-silva.gif

My bad people, somebody make another thread saying this fight was announed but it turned out not to be true, bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back