My thoughts after the fight...

Lustercross

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Cain and I'm so happy to have seen him win his belt back. Especially after months of seeing him get no respect by some people on here. That being said, I think JDS is a really good guy and I felt pretty bad for him after his loss. I have no doubt that JDS will be back and knocking out guys left and right like he has always done.

My thoughts:

1. JDS has a titanium chin and tons of heart! This makes me know for sure that when he fights Overeem, JDS will win. He won't have to worry about any wrestling and I really doubt that he will be knocked out. Eventually, he would get to reem's average chin and knock him out.

2. Cain has an amazing pace and cardio. Yes, I know that by the third or fourth round he was tired but these are heavyweights! I have yet to see any other heavyweight with the cardio that Cain has.

3. Now that the UFC has insurance, Cain won't have to worry about fighting injured and a little bit overweight like the first JDS fight. I'm pretty confident that after this, Cain will make sure to be 100% in his future fights.

4. It seems that both Cormier and Velasquez have mutually agreed to never fight, not even for the belt. I personally find this to be a little selfish from Cain since he will be getting a lot of money for being a champion. Cormier should be able to have that chance also and not let a friendship get in the way, no matter how close they are. It doesn't seem like it affected Machida's and Shogun's friendship in any way! Honestly, I doubt Cormier would be able to make light-heavyweight anyways.

Overall, I was impressed with both fighters and they showed a ton of heart last night!

I was truly surprused that Cain held off fatigue as long as he did, the way he threw himself through that first round. He was desperate and it paid off!

I was truly surprused that Cain held off fatigue as long as he did, the way he threw himself through that first round. He was desperate and it paid off!

Yes, when it started I was sooo nervous for him and I was getting even more nervous when Cain started out spamming takedowns and failing over and over. After the tide turned though, I got so pumped!

Cain really impressed me, he improved a lot

I wouldn't be surprised if they made JDS/velasquez III though
A third bout would a lot closer IMO
TBH I felt like JDS was sleeping on Cain and focusing on Reem instead
That's not to take away from Cain though, he deserved this and did excellently

it would be interesting to see Reem vs either of these guys

war UFC HW Division!

it would be interesting to see Reem vs either of these guys

war UFC HW Division!

I agree with you,either guy v reem will be a great fight.I just feel as though Reem is over rated at the moment and apart from Brock who is not a great fighter but not bad,has not fought a world class fighter in a while,am looking forward to Reem though,he will certainly challenge anyone.

Cain really impressed me, he improved a lot

I wouldn't be surprised if they made JDS/velasquez III though
A third bout would a lot closer IMO
TBH I felt like JDS was sleeping on Cain and focusing on Reem instead
That's not to take away from Cain though, he deserved this and did excellently

JDS was over looking Cain and bulking to get ready for Overeem which was a huge mistake and it showed.. JDS will be back and finish Cain again

My thoughts were Overeem will absolutely obliterate either of them with ease. And I want them 2 to beat him and thought they would.

Some good points made. Cain and Dos Santos are the two best fighters at heavyweight, I see them being at their own level. We'll see what happens.

Cain has extraordinary cardio for a heavy, JDS has an extraordinary chin and a champions heart. Over 5 rounds Cain could beat anyone potentially.

I'm still shocked.

JDS was like a corpse from 2 minutes onwards - I did not see that coming at all.

I'm still shocked.

JDS was like a corpse from 2 minutes onwards - I did not see that coming at all.

Your not the only one. When I saw JDS start getting beat down I was like OMG! lol

Your not the only one. When I saw JDS start getting beat down I was like OMG! lol

Lol, yeah. My mouth was literally hanging open.

Its weird looking around the forum today, it sounds like everyone knew all along that JDS was gonna get dominated. Nice to see an honest, balanced thread!

I think JDS is technically better everywhere, but I bet on Cain for this fight. Here's why.

JDS TDD > CAIN TD
JDS Striking >> Cain striking
JDS ground > Cain ground
Cain pace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything JDS has ever experienced

I did not believe JDS would be ready for the way Cain was going to come out in this fight. That is exactly what happend. Never let up the forward pressure and JDS got tired about 2 minutes in, his hands came down and he tried to take a breather, but Cain kept coming hard and bang. JDS takes a punch that knocks most of the human race out. That changed to fight. JDS was exhausted and concussed the rest of the fight - making it to the end was a miracle.

I'll be betting on JDS in the rematch. He knows what to be ready for, its a matter of going to a scary place of pushing yourself and never ever pausing. When that happens, all JDS needs is the one well-timed shot. I think he'll get it this time.

JDS was over looking Cain and bulking to get ready for Overeem which was a huge mistake and it showed.. JDS will be back and finish Cain again
I am JDS and Cain fan. Yet I like JDS style of fighting more. However, to say what you are saying after the fight is absurd. Did you see the fight. It was not like JDS was 50 pounds heavier than usual. He was backpedaling, got clipped, that is all she wrote from there on. I understand being a fan, but a bold statement like this is unjustified.

Lol, yeah. My mouth was literally hanging open.

Its weird looking around the forum today, it sounds like everyone knew all along that JDS was gonna get dominated. Nice to see an honest, balanced thread!

I thought JDS was going to come out and destroy Cain....That is until I seen Cain dismantle Big Foot. Then I wasn't sure what was going to happen. The question is can Cain maintain that? After watching that fight I'm not so sure the outcome of JDS and Reem any more. One thing I do know. Reem has no chance against Cain if Cain brings it like he did last night.

I'm still shocked.

Me too. It is like they put past prime Cro Cop into JDS' body.

I thought JDS was going to come out and destroy Cain....That is until I seen Cain dismantle Big Foot. Then I wasn't sure what was going to happen. The question is can Cain maintain that? After watching that fight I'm not so sure the outcome of JDS and Reem any more. One thing I do know. Reem has no chance against Cain if Cain brings it like he did last night.

I have a feeling that Cain will maintain it for a long while. He doesn't have to risk fighting injured anymore and he has the UFC insurance to back him up so he can always be 100%.

Back