My thoughts about Kyoji Horiguchi.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TotallyHacking, Jan 1, 2015.

1. TotallyHacking

TotallyHacking White Belt

I'm not incredibly familiar about him as a fighter, I have seen a handful of his fights including the (ancient) defeat to Masakatsu Ueda. My concern is tied with the fact despite appearing to be a relatively dynamic striker I don't always see much deviation in his striking.

Lyoto Machida mixes up his striking very well with an array of front and side kicks, I'm curious as to whether Masakatsu will do the same this fight.

Louis Gaudinot I do not believe is the man to defeat Kyoji, but I think it should be a relatively competitive affair if only for the first round.

I'm just curious as to whether anyone else noticed the fact he tends to rush in and try to bang more frequently then not, and if you think he really is as good of a prospect as people make him out to be.

2. Tank_Kam

Tank_Kam Purple Belt

I think he's awesome I would put him at #3 at Flyweight after dj and doddson if he beats Gaudinot. He has awesome fundamentals, great head movement, and wicked power. He could vary it up a bit and I think he has talked about eventually taking his training to the states where he could improve even more.

3. EliteHandSpeed

EliteHandSpeed Purple Belt

I love watching him fight but he does brawl quite a bit, he has insane power for 125 though

The Gooch vs Lineker would be a dream match up

4. Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite Black Belt

you'd rank them both higher than benavidez? I know he's in title limbo now... but he's only lost to mighty mouse at flyweight and cruz at bantamweight

5. Handawg

Handawg Brown Belt

Too soon to rank him at 3 just because he beats Gaudinot. Tim Elliott absolutely mauled Gaudinot, but has handily lost to the likes of Bagautinov and Joe B (yes he went wild and was impressive during the Joe B fight, but he was eventually finished.)

Not saying Horiguchi isn't almost there, I think he deserves a tougher fight than this for sure, but more time is needed to invest in bright Flyweight stars such as Horiguchi. Felt the same way about Scoggins.

6. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

Did you forget about Benavidez? McCall? Hell, even Ali.

7. Tank_Kam

Tank_Kam Purple Belt

forgot about benavidez tbh haha. just purely based on his performances so far I would probably tie him with benavidez. But that would be an awesome matchup if he dominates louis on saturday

8. Troublesome10

Troublesome10 non serviam belt

I don't think Gaudinot should be +700, I'll put it that way. Horiguchi gets a little wild in there, and that could cost him. I don't see Gaudinot beating him, but he could possibly wrestlefuck or score a guillotine. I threw down 5 bucks on him just for fun.

9. Tank_Kam

Tank_Kam Purple Belt

Im not really impressed with mccall even though he did almost beat DJ. I might be jumping the gun on horiguchi but Im just so impressed with him so far. Might be a bit biased cuz Im asian and its nice to see a good asian fighter again lol

10. TotallyHacking

Benavidez seems like the ultimate gatekeeper. Jesus christ fighting that dude for twenty five minutes would be hell.

I enjoy watching Kyoji fight but I'm not entirely sure how he'd managed to get past guys like Dodson or Benavidez, more then likely because I haven't watched nearly enough of his fights but it should be interesting.

I do hope he is the real deal, his boxing looks so crisp.

11. Rulio Gracie II

Rulio Gracie II Banned Banned

I don't see the Gaudinot fight as as much of a squash match as a lot of people are seeing it. I wouldn't be shocked if Gaudinot gets a guillotine or something and wins the fight. I understand why Kyoji is the favorite, but he seems like too much of a favorite. Gaudinot finished John Lineker at 125. A lot of his losses are from fighting at 135 when he's a lot better at 125.

12. DyinHawaiian

DyinHawaiian #FEELTHEBERN

Where you at Georges? Where you at motherfucker?!
    I can see The Gooch getting the title shot in 2015 after the winner of Lineker/McCall.

13. Rulio Gracie II

Rulio Gracie II Banned Banned

I see it the same way and put some vCash on Gaudinot.

14. Kneepocalypse

Kneepocalypse This is your god now.

how's his grapple

15. LGVB

LGVB Green Belt

Horiguchi is the real deal. Nice karate, solid boxing, good footwork. I'm predicting him winning by TKO in the 2nd.

16. Gigaton Punch

Gigaton Punch Gold Belt

I think Gaudiont has a shot in this fight. He can take an absolute beating and Horiguchi isn't that good on the ground. Wouldn't be shocked to see Horiguchi beat the shit out of him and then get caught in a choke.

17. TotallyHacking

From what I've seen he reminds me of Melvin Guillard on the feet. Not necessarily aesthetically but balls to the walls kind of deal. I could envision the same.

18. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Guchi by body kick.

19. Tank_Kam

Tank_Kam Purple Belt

good prediction, dude has some mean body kicks

20. Troublesome10

Troublesome10 non serviam belt

Well good luck to both of us then.

I think Jury vs Cerrone is actually the hardest to call on the main card.