My take on Jon Jones and this persecution

Agreed wholeheartedly that JBJ's body structure is the sole reason he has been a dominant champ. His entire game plan depends on staying outside his opponent's reach and the fact that he can strike them at a distance in which they can't yet strike him

Like his last fight....with glover?

You don't want to see Gus fight him because Gus already lost. But....you want to see Rashad fight him.....

uh..

Right off rip, I don't particularly care for JBJ. I don't necessarily think he's the p4p greatest either. I honestly believe that if you could magically shorten his arms by six inches on both sides, he would get decimated within two fights. He has learned to master his physique....a strong/massive/long upper-body, (where most of his weight is) and his skinny little legs...which aren't energy expensive and he can swing around for various kicks with little effort.
His long arms keeps his opponent at bay to stop the incoming legs kicks (which would otherwise cripple him) and also makes it tougher to get takedowns...which is in my opinion the way to beat JBJ...flurry to the inside with punches and then land demoralizing leg kicks like Barboza followed by takedowns with GNP.

So if Jones was not physically Jones, he wouldn't be as successful? Mind blown!!

Next you'll be tellling me that if you transported Lebron James into Jonah Hill's body, he would not be all NBA let alone 4 time MVP. Blasphemy!!

That being said. Jon won the Gus fight, that is without question. So why do I want to see it again? Since when does every single UFC fight demand an immediate rematch? This is boring to me. I would much rather see DC fight Jones without a doubt. I want to see Jones fall, and I think DC could win a victory by wrestling and laying on him.

WTF.

Maybe because he is a professional fighter and its his job to take these fights.

Fighters being able to turn down tough fights is incredibly lame.

Gus arguable has the best chance again him soooo hurr durr I wonder why people want to see it.

\ I honestly believe that if you could magically shorten his arms by six inches on both sides, he would get decimated within two fights. He has learned to master his physique....

Thats what martial arts is, mastering your physique.

Back