1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

My son rolling *edited* better vid added

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Brian2, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

My son has been doing really well in his class lately and I thought I would share. Today he got a stripe on his belt so he is pretty excited, and I got a bunch of videos of him rolling today and thought I would share one. I plan to edit them all together tomorrow but, here's one for now

This video shows more and I just added it

my embed probably failed so here's the link

YouTube - Kannon (blue) rolling with Jeff (white)

also here's a picture of him getting the stripe in class
    [​IMG]

and here's one of him all proud of it
    [​IMG]

I never really got excited about stripes but, I am really excited for his. He will be going to his first tourny this weekend so there will be a ton of video if you want to see it

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. village_idiot

village_idiot Blue Belt

Congrats to your son on the stripe. If he stays with it, he'll be a monster by the time he's 18. How old is he know if you dont mind me asking? Hopefully he does well at the tournament.

That being said I'm pretty confident I could take him.

3. Title Fight Productions

Title Fight Productions Steel Belt

Awesome man!!!!! So fun. My little guy is 6 and just loves BJJ.

Here he is heading onto the mat just before a No-Gi match at his tourney this weekend.

[​IMG]

Yeah, post more vids!!! We had a kids BJJ thread going awhile ago in here and i post an awesome vid of a couple kids about 3 years old going at it and showing some decent technique.

Would love to see vids of your kids stuff. How old is he?

4. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

He's 7 years old but, I have been working with him for about a year. He is constantly asking me to teach him more and more. I try to keep it slow so it isn't too much too fast.

He is really excited about his first tournament and has been working really hard. Today his instructor had all the kids try to take him down (one at a time of course) and then had him roll with almost the whole class, then gave him his stripe. I'll post up a video of his take down defense, I was pretty surprised with it.

Edit: turns out I didn't film everybody taking him down but, I did film him doing take downs. I'll upload it then post it here

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  5. calvus

calvus Getting Crunk

Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting!

6. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

No problem, I just appreciate your input and support for him

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

Thanks a lot and I'll be sure to post up the videos from the tournament. How did you son do in his?

My daughter is in the class too, she just doesn't have the same natural ability our son does and she's shy. She needs to get more comfortable rolling with other kids.

8. Baianada

Baianada Brown Belt

I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't think you should be proud at all. He has very sloppy takedowns and doesn't know how to set up an omoplata that could be easily applied during this fight, specially when he had the mount.

I don't have any fancy stripes in my belt and I'm pretty sure I can beat him like 7 out of 10 times.

Belt promotions are supposed to be a serious thing, don't vulgarize it just to please your son.

Sorry, I know all the other guys are trying to be polite but that had to be said.

9. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

He's 7 years old and that was the first time he has ever done live takedowns.

Are you fuckin retarded?

10. kristopherallen

kristopherallen White Belt

+1 that guy is retarded

11. Sayian

Sayian Blue Belt

HAHAHAHAHAHAH lmfao

12. superking

superking Poet — Traveler — Soldier of Fortune

Holy fuck, you're an asshole.

13. Doctor Venture

Doctor Venture Black Belt

I dont find most of what kids do to be cute, but the kids Judo classes at my dojo and the videos I see of some of your kids rolling are actually really cute. Good luck to him on his first tourney.

14. Title Fight Productions

When people say kids grappling isn't cute i usually post this vid from one of our tourneys last year.

15. 879lexus

879lexus Blue Belt

This is great...My boys are 5 & 7....I really want them to start BJJ, but I don't want to rush them and if they get hurt, they won't like it and complain about going to classes..

How did your boy get to 'like' it? My older boy is not rough and tumble, but my younger boy is and I could see him having fun and liking it....

Do you train and that's why he's doing BJJ?

16. Title Fight Productions

Here is my little guy a couple years ago in his first competition ever. He is the first kid to come out in the blue shorts. Pretty funny stuff, he uses his "Rampage move" and his "GSP" (knees to the side). Both kids were five.

You guys think "sprawl and brawl" is all the rave, check out "Ding and Dash"!!!!!

17. Wandgun

Wandgun Orange Belt

I'll assume this was just a joke.

18. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

To be honest I had to really ease my son into it. He used to be alittle whiny and would cry over stupid things, Honestly BJJ pretty much fixed both catergories.

I got him to start after I started and he wanted to go to my class with me. He watched the class then when I got home he wanted to wrestle so I wrestled with him a lot over the next month or so. Then he started asking me to teach him some stuff and That's when I realized he really picks it up fast

That is so awesome! I am planning to start doing some striking with my son in the near future but, for now just wanted to focus on his grappling.
    Thank you! I told him he looked cute the other day and his exact words were " I'm not cute, I'm a tough guy"

I laughed at him

19. Title Fight Productions

Thanks man, its all fun!!! You will be real stoked at the progression kids have. My little guy is just so much different from a two to a four strip (just got it). Its awesome. As long as they are enjoying it and we don't have to many crazy parents, then im all for it!!!!!

20. Brian2

Brian2 Blue Belt

I know what you mean about crazy parents. The kid in the white GI's dad doesn't seem to like me or my son, his son used to be pretty much the best kid in the class. Last night he kept telling his kid he would buy him an ice cream if he beat kannon.

he didn't get any ice cream lol