My Second Strongman Event

On the stones, when you're over the stone, think of the roundness as being a clock. You pick up the stone with your hands at 9 and 3. When the stone clears your knees, you have to somewhat set it on your thighs, then reset the stone to where your arms are at 10 and 2. You also have to "suck" the stone in to where it is very high on your chest. When you explode out of the hole, the stone will be high and much easier to put on the shelf. The first 3 looked really easy for you.

Thank you for those tips. I will try those things out the next time I train tire and stones.

I also appreciate the praise from everyone. Strongman is a lot of fun, so if you're debating whether or not to do a contest, I would definitely do one.

I agree. It is super fun! I've done a few around here, and always have a good time. The entire day really takes it out of you. The first time I did a competition my lower back was fried for like 5 days.

Good stuff man. I love watching those competitions. I go up to the Arnold every year to watch that show. The guy that makes the stones for the Arnold actually has a shop across the street from my Dad's plant and we give him some concrete for them from time to time. Random useless fact lol)

Good stuff man. I love watching those competitions. I go up to the Arnold every year to watch that show. The guy that makes the stones for the Arnold actually has a shop across the street from my Dad's plant and we give him some concrete for them from time to time. Random useless fact lol)

We went down to the Arnold this year as well and caught most of the pro strongman. We didn't get to see too much of the big amateur contest that had going though. Those guys are strong.

Thanks man. During training I realized that whenever I have to put something overhead, the split-jerk is the best bet for me.

Back