My Roundhouse kick vs UFC fighter (VIDEO)

Do we have more things in common than not? Oh and there is no prohibition against running into a kick, I can leap frog before I throw it, doesn't negate it from being a dollyo chagi.

Sure, you can do it this way, you can run up, leapfrog etc. It would still be a kick, it would be shit kick though. If your goal is to do a shit kick, sure go ahead.

Arm configuration is the same. Lean is the same. Head configuration the same. He throws a right leg head kick, I throw a mid section left kick. That's the only major difference aside from point of impact - ball of foot in his case
You are not side chambering there.

There, I wrote you what you are doing different from what the guy does. How convenient of you to read over it.

I'm not even going to bother starting a thread asking about the boxing, but I love that some people think I kick better than I punch. :D

There, I wrote you what you are doing different from what the guy does. How convenient of you to read over it.

Who cares if I do or not? You think that makes a massive difference once I land? I was comparing myself to MMA fighters, not TKDoins

Who cares if I do or not? You think that makes a massive difference once I land? I was comparing myself to MMA fighters, not TKDoins

OK, I am actually starting to doubt you ever did stand in front of a living person and sparred or fought. The point is - you would not f*cking land anything when you run up, you'd be knocked onto your ass. And MMA fighters don't run up to kick either.

That is a perfect snap shot of how not to twist your upper body.
see how you have pivoted your left shoulder back behind your head that means that your core is twisted, your hips are generating power, but your shoulders are pulling in the opposite direction. Instead of pulling your shoulder back, bring your hip and shoulder forwards to generate power.

OK, I am actually starting to doubt you ever did stand in front of a living person and sparred or fought. The point is - you would not f*cking land anything when you run up, you'd be knocked onto your ass. And MMA fighters don't run up to kick either.

I'm starting to wonder how bright you are. Do you think I run up to kick someone in sparring JUST Because I did it on a heavy bag for a sherdog goof? And do you think I put much effort to be "form exact" in jeans with no preparation?

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder how bright you are. Do you think I run up to kick someone in sparring JUST Because I did it on a heavy bag for a sherdog goof? And do you think I put much effort to be "form exact" in jeans with no preparation?

I am bright enough to know that "If I did this here does not mean I would do this in sparring"-people are usually full of shit. I am also bright enough to know "I am unprepared and wearing jeans, therefore whatever I do wrong here is because of that and not because of my lack of skill"-people are usually full of shit as well. You are both those people.

You are like a bullfrog saying he is actually pink and fluffy.

That is a perfect snap shot of how not to twist your upper body.
see how you have pivoted your left shoulder back behind your head that means that your core is twisted, your hips are generating power, but your shoulders are pulling in the opposite direction. Instead of pulling your shoulder back, bring your hip and shoulder forwards to generate power.

I hear what you're saying but it's easier to maintain balance this way, and the hip still generates enough force. Speaking for myself that is.

I am bright enough to know that "If I did this here does not mean I would do this in sparring"-people are usually full of shit. I am also bright enough to know "I am unprepared and wearing jeans, therefore whatever I do wrong here is because of that and not because of my lack of skill"-people are usually full of shit as well. You are both those people.

You are like a bullfrog saying he is actually pink and fluffy.

Listen, I am not dedicated to TKD anymore, I'm into boxing these days . What you're seeing is A) a spur of the moment kick B) my muscle memory after 4 years.

And the fact that a lot of people still think it's better than Daniel Cormier was quite interesting.

Does his leg travel in an arc???? He is not throwing the kick by the book either.

WTH? Of course it does, look at the position of his knee, it is clearly pointing outwards to the side, this is a side chamber. Something you claim doing but are not.

Listen, I am not dedicated to TKD anymore, I'm into boxing these days . What you're seeing is A) a spur of the moment kick B) my muscle memory after 4 years.

And the fact that a lot of people still think it's better than Daniel Cormier was quite interesting.

So if you know your kick is crap, why keep defending your crappy kick?

PS: Your boxing sucks as well

So if you know your kick is crap, why keep defending your crappy kick?

PS: Your boxing sucks as well

My new boxing instructor begs to differ. I have shown him one of my youtube clips and he want me in the competitors group. So suck it.

My new boxing instructor begs to differ. I have shown him one of my youtube clips and he want me in the competitors group. So suck it.

<GSPWoah>

Wow, really?! Your instructor judges you by your shitty youtube clips? He must be busy otherwise.

Solid TKD style kick, but the problem is you can't hurt anyone your size with it, because:

1. You use the TKD/karate style snap kick. These snap kicks trade speed for power, which will be useless, since you're not aiming for a headshot, as well as your set up taking really long. In a real fight, once you're huffing&puffing, and moving around with your opponent, you'll lose 30% of the technique/power. To have an effective, full proof strike, you must train it so you can do it with flawless perfection at any given moment.

2. Hitting with the foot is more dangerous in a real fight, kick with your lower shinbone

3. Try to learn the "Muay Thai" roundhouse. Watch how those guys do it. Unlike TKD/Karate guys, their leg is relaxed, and theyrth swinging it like a bat/ like dead weight, which greatly increases power sometimes speed. It's superior to TKD kick in many ways, but the only drawbacks are that it's usually slower, and that it's setup can be a bit trickier.
tumblr_ncgb485b871tqoh77o1_400.gif
How bout we learn from Anderson Silva and just kick with the upper shin bone?

I seriously hope that everyone saying that was a good kick is kidding, because that was pretty damn bad for someone who purports to be a red belt. If one of our red belts would've kicked like that, I would've told them they have to do better. I have no idea why you would upload this, because you don't even take the time to get into anything that resembles a fighting stance, walk up to the bag and just punt it.

Like @Apollo33 said, that shit was CM Punk level kicking and as a taekwondoin and kickboxer, I'm appalled. This shit is why taekwondo gets shit on.
tenor (10).gif
06524723.jpg

Back