My Respect for Jake Shields has Rocketed

I will never respect Shields until he comes out of the closet. Ruining an awesome opportunity to be a hero to someone.

lol @ brendan schaub would have been proud.
and yeah i thought Jake was gonna lose this fight, and am surprised he beat Maia. i wonder where that leaves Maia at this point.

The fight was horrible, Jake did the bare minimum to win (hold top position) and stalled constantly. My mother was literally laughing at his stand up and GnP and asked why he didn't have any pop on his punchs. I feel embarrassed as a MMA fan when Jake is fighting

I would be more embarrassed posting about watching the fights with my mom...

Not nearly this mad though.

3ffab891d7f64322629416db5d594bd8.jpg

If I knew anyone on Sherdog in real life I would steal their credit card and then give them back $10 as a gift and they would be thankful for it.

the nashville brawl was the most entertaining fight jake shields has ever been in.

Wrong. When you have two elite fighters equally matches this can happen. It happens with strikers too. I agree - his strikes are a joke but his grappling is unmatched. I feel embarrassed that there are still uneducated fighters like you complaining.

I feel embarrassed that you would defend such a putrid display.

I would be more embarrassed posting about watching the fights with my mom...

I work 4 weeks on 1 week off, so I dont see the point in paying for what you would call cable TV, so its ether watch it at my mums or not at all

That fight was awful, and while Shields should be commended for neutralizing the best part of his opponents game, he still looked like crap, and was seriously gassed out in rounds 4 & 5 doing nothing but trying to stall. Can't say I was in any way impressed.

The fight was horrible, Jake did the bare minimum to win (hold top position) and stalled constantly. My mother was literally laughing at his stand up and GnP and asked why he didn't have any pop on his punchs. I feel embarrassed as a MMA fan when Jake is fighting

that fight was far from horrible it wasnt a striking match at all , but the level of mastery in the grappling department on display was nothing short of impressive. im not questioning anyone's fandom but really are you watching shields and maia fight to see 2 bros bang?

Wrong. When you have two elite fighters equally matches this can happen. It happens with strikers too. I agree - his strikes are a joke but his grappling is unmatched. I feel embarrassed that there are still uneducated fighters like you complaining.

No you're not thinking of the big picture. If you and I are bjj black belts and my only job is to prevent you from submitting me, it's a joke of a match.

Fight sucked.

I respect Shields because for a guy with such limited ability he basically beats everyone he faces.

Yea he's tough to watch sometimes but I really respect how he can beat such top competition time and time again. Easily one of the better WW'/MWs ever.

Shields always comes out looking like he thinks he's gonna lose. He just has that kind of weird face.

Shields always comes out looking like he thinks he's gonna lose. He just has that kind of weird face.

lol true, now that I think about it. He just has that worried look on his face when he walks to the octagon.

I like Jake. His fights are not great when his opponent is afraid to engage on the ground (Sex, GSP) but when they do, his grappling is always nice and fluid. Great showing on his part, especially in Demian's back yard.

I respect Shields because for a guy with such limited ability he basically beats everyone he faces.

Yea he's tough to watch sometimes but I really respect how he can beat such top competition time and time again. Easily one of the better WW'/MWs ever.

I wouldn't say he has limited ability, he just isn't well rounded. His grappling and defensive wrestling are both extremely good.

I will never respect Shields until he comes out of the closet. Ruining an awesome opportunity to be a hero to someone.

Shields is NOT GAY! He has just acquired a taste for rubbing bodies with other men... while he's mostly naked... and they're mostly naked... for 25 minutes without finishing... on the ground... with a crowd of other men cheering him on...

What was the question again?

Back