My reason to cheer for Bones, Cormier almost turning 36!

dont worry, theres a swede that its only 27

He only has 15 pro fights, and little to no amateur fights where his brain may have been turned into mush.
He has suffered very little in terms of fight damage, so I think he could still have 4-5 very good years left.

He has years worth of gym wars with Cain though, those two go at each other way too hard.

How long do you need a champion to stay on top for it to be 'worthwhile' to you?

If Jones wins and holds his belt for another 6 yrs, I think that would be boring as fucking hell.
People were already complaining he'd cleared out the division long ago (before Cormier and Rumble went to LHW). If he beats Cormier, there's 2 more challenges left, then a whole lot of ho-hum.

DC = Blue collar hero
JBJ = Scumbag

Jones is a bad person and rooting for him makes you a bad person, kinda like with Hitler.

Won't be bad for the sport. People like rooting for the old dudes.

Said it a while back, MMA needs Jones to win for the long term viability of the profession. Lets be honest, Brock Lesnar coming and and dribbling Randy's head off the canvas for the 265 belt was an embarrassment because he did it in his 3rd fight. Now you are getting dudes in their 30s come in and becoming successful. You got guys using UFC as a second job and becoming successful. Other top flight sports like NFL, NBA, MLB have dudes that have been dreaming of getting to that level since they were in diapers. They train and practice from grade school to high school to college. Thats why they earn millions of dollars a year for what they do. If you want your sport on that level you need prodigy type talents from a young age dominating like Jones, Rousey, Aldo, Rory-Mac. If near 40 year olds carry your flag, you are not going to grow as a sport.

I agree with this mostly. Not with wanting Jones to win, but everything else.

Lesnar coming in & beating up everybody was pretty embarrassing tbh. They keep saying Punk's gunna get destroyed....well, HE BETTER!! Imagine training your whole life at soemthing & then losing to people who come in & only train for a year, regardless of any prior credentials they have

The UFC is pleased to know you care for their well being.

He has taken a lot of damage on his knee's he said that. And he's wrestling his whole life. I prefer Gus or Rumble to take it because they are younger. Also I like Jon Jones more then DC. DC is just too old men you can't see him being a dominant champ. His chin gets worse when he age's so he'll get caught sometime and end up like chuck or hendo

Back