My reason to cheer for Bones, Cormier almost turning 36!

Meulenhof

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
20 march 1979 (35 years old)

Cormier is close to retirement, he also has problems with his knee's and I think it would be bad for the UFC if Cormier wins.

If Cormier wins and they would do a immediate rematch it would be the biggest fight in UFC history, BUT what is Cormier wins the rematch and then retires when he is 38?

Maybe Cormier is going to fight as long as Dan Henderson is doing right know but we don't know, he never said anything about it right?

It would only be bad for the sport if he retires without losing his belt, and even then it doesn't matter too much. I doubt he'd leave the sport without losing anyway.

He only has 15 pro fights, and little to no amateur fights where his brain may have been turned into mush.
He has suffered very little in terms of fight damage, so I think he could still have 4-5 very good years left.

Wait a minute. So your going for a guy just because you know hes gonna win. Thats just dumb. How about going for a guy because your a fan of one or dislike the other.

He's probably got at least a few years left. Low battle wear to age ratio

Said it a while back, MMA needs Jones to win for the long term viability of the profession. Lets be honest, Brock Lesnar coming and and dribbling Randy's head off the canvas for the 265 belt was an embarrassment because he did it in his 3rd fight. Now you are getting dudes in their 30s come in and becoming successful. You got guys using UFC as a second job and becoming successful. Other top flight sports like NFL, NBA, MLB have dudes that have been dreaming of getting to that level since they were in diapers. They train and practice from grade school to high school to college. Thats why they earn millions of dollars a year for what they do. If you want your sport on that level you need prodigy type talents from a young age dominating like Jones, Rousey, Aldo, Rory-Mac. If near 40 year olds carry your flag, you are not going to grow as a sport.

Cormier is close to retirement, he also has problems with his knee's and I think it would be bad for the UFC if Cormier wins.

If Cormier wins and they would do a immediate rematch it would be the biggest fight in UFC history, BUT what is Cormier wins the rematch and then retires when he is 38?

Maybe Cormier is going to fight as long as Dan Henderson is doing right know but we don't know, he never said anything about it right?

I disagree. Should Cormier win, you now have a wide open division with a ton of compelling fights and story lines. Jones, Gus, Rumble, not to mention a bunch of others. Long-reining champs actually seem to bottle things up.

I'm not saying the belt should switch hands every other fight, but every couple of years is actually a good thing.

Cormier winning out isnt nessessarily a bad thing.

Sports needs legends. A guy going perfect and leaving adds to their legend for decades. I mean Ali vs Marciano was a dream fight and even made via video similation.

Not to mention that batch of blubber that hangs over DC's shorts would not come off well in pics with the belt

I really hope Cormier can pull it out, he was one of my favorites at heavyweight, likeable guy, trains with the beast that is Cain, undefeated, etc, plus I can't stand Jones. I think he has a slim chance though, he will most likely come up short like everyone else because he is outmatched like everyone else at lhw, which is crazy to think since he destroyed a who's who list of heavyweights, just a testament to how good Bones really is.
Any who, War Cormier!

Cormier winning out isnt nessessarily a bad thing.

Sports needs legends. A guy going perfect and leaving adds to their legend for decades. I mean Ali vs Marciano was a dream fight and even made via video similation.

this will never happen.

you will loose someday.

Fedor did..

Anderson did.

Ali did...

F..k I am getting old and he just born 9 days before me and I still post sherdog lol...

I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Why do you care if the winner is 36 or 38 or 24 or 112? If DC wins, he could have huge fights with Jones, Gus, Rumble and Rashad before he retires. Why would that be bad? Why would you prefer a young champion, for what reason? Weird. I wonder if you prayed for Chris Algieri to beat Manny Pacquiao for the same ageist bullshit.

Thats a pretty stupid reason to root for someone. I mean,use your head man. Why in the hell would that be a negative in any shape or form?

I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Why do you care if the winner is 36 or 38 or 24 or 112? If DC wins, he could have huge fights with Jones, Gus, Rumble and Rashad before he retires. Why would that be bad? Why would you prefer a young champion, for what reason? Weird. I wonder if you prayed for Chris Algieri to beat Manny Pacquiao for the same ageist bullshit.

Yep. I read your comment after I posted mine or I would have just gave you a thumbs up instead of posting.

dumb way to look at things. There are plenty of guys that become champ when they're young and lose the belt right away, so what does it matter if he gets the belt and is done in a few years. He could have a longer reign than Jones anyways.

I think the whole age thing is silly. That's the damn beauty of MMA, an older guy/athlete/fighter can come in and do some damage and fight regardless of how old he is. It's pretty cool when a young sapling kicks ass just as it is pretty cool when an older dude does it as well.

And as far as other professional sports not having older guys in their sport...bullshit. There have been lots of top athletes past their prime still kicking ass, guys like Montana, Nolan Ryan, Jordan, Hopkins, Foreman...to name a few. I'm sure some of you can name off a list of athletes in other sports who were much older than their competition.

So is TS afraid he will miss DC too much when he retires ?

Are you afraid to let go ?

He's probably got at least a few years left. Low battle wear to age ratio

I disagree, he's a lifelong wrestler he has lots of wear and tear on those legs, but I don't think DC winning would be a bad thing at all

Back