My quest for sanity and strength.

went to BJJ today after a LONG lay off. Was ok, open mat rolled with a guy I was comfortable with. Gassed after 2seconds. I quit smoking but it will be a while before Im where I was at. Maybe weighing 40lbs more has something to do with it also.

August 18 2010

Squat 5x5 225lbs

was hard but felt good to get 2 plates on each side, kinda like I got out of my pampers pull ups and now I got my big boy pants on.

SOHP 5x5 125lbs

felt good Im getting stronger on thsi lift

Power cleans 3x5 150lbs

felt good

Chin up 3 sets 9/6/5

Happy belated birthday.

The squat is coming back fast. There is something about adding another 45 plate to a lift.

Happy belated birthday.

The squat is coming back fast. There is something about adding another 45 plate to a lift.

Thanks man. yeah the squat is now more than my bench which is wtf its supposed to be. yeah always feels good puttign another plate on a lift. Soon I will ahve two plates on my bench, and I got 3 on my deadlift so shit is goign well.

August 20, 2010

Squat 5x5 225lbs

Shit is heavy, I will stick with this weight for another workout on monday just to get used to it. Wednsday I will jack it to 230lbs. Getting old is a bitch

Bench 5x5 210lbs

felt good, going to add more weight next workout.

deadlift 1x5 315lbs w/u sets 255lbs overhand grip

Felt fucking heavy as shit, gonna stick with this weight next wednsday and jack it up the next week as it is very challenging still.

Dips 3 sets with 15lbs added to teh belt. 11/8/6 reps.

Hit my goal of getting my BW to 200lbs. Im between 200-204 when I wake up in the morning. Feels goos to get that one done.

August 23 2010

Squat 5x5 225lbs

Not as hard as last week but still fuckign hard. Gonna stay with it wed, then add 5lbs friday.

SOHP 5x5 130lbs

felt good lookign forward to next week when I slap on a 45lb plate on each side, big boy pants time

Powerclean 3x5 150lbs

Chins 3 sets 6/6/5

Chins ar egetting hard, I attribute it to the added body mass.

Did soem ramdom bicep work for TEH GUNZ

side note: I outlasted a family of beluga whales at teh all you can eat lunch buffet today.

August 25th 2010

Squat 4x5 225lbs

5th set was fucked I go tinto the hole and my left knee went funny and my Psoas muscles are very tight from last week so I only got 4sets today.

Bench 5x5 215lbs
felt good gonna add 5lbs monday then the following week its TEH 225

Deadlift 1x5 315lbs

felt good, time to add 10lbs next week. w/u sets of 255lbs. grip gettiong stronger.

Dips 3sets with 20lbs added - 10/8/6

real hot chick wearing TNA tights at the gay legpress machiene when I was deadlifting. was good motivation, I had teh feeling she was checkign out my six strips of sexyness.

August 27 2010

No squats to day, was warming up and felt pain shooting from my quad up through my hip. Getting old

SOHP 5x5 130lbs

lookign forward to teh 45's on each side next week

Powercleans 3x5 150lbs

Had a revelation regarding form, I think I can add at least 20lbs next week.

High Pulls 3x5 250lbs

took a whiel to get a weight I coudl work with as I have never done these before, I tried to use straps and do TEH 275, but I have never used straps before and could not figure them out for the life of me.

Chins 3 sets 9/6/5

kind of a shit workout felt weird not doign squats.

august 30 2010

squat 5x5 230lbs

real fucking hard, my legs are killing me. I feel it in my hip. I think Im hitting my first ever plateau....................

bench 5x5 220lbs

easy peasy

deadlift w/u sets 255lbs 1x5 @ 325lbs

325 was hard as hell but I like it.

no dips today my girl was at teh gym and totally fuckign up my style.

Good news I was probably not overtraining my squats. bad news I had and have pneumonia.

Anyone who has had this can tell you it will knock the shit out of you. Should be back in my powerrack in 10 days or so

September 8 2010

just wanted to get in a quick light workout as Im starting to get better from the pnemonia.

***got manager right off the hop complains says I cant use chalk anymore.

Squat 3x5 230lbs

felt good to squat teh same weight as before I got sick.

SOHP 3x5 135lbs

felt good

while coughing up a lung I barfed into my towel, signalling the end of my workout lol.

decided to go for a 3k run today. about 2k into it I almost died, started hacking up a lung and threw up.

Im going to blame it on resdiual effects of the pnemonia Im getting over. Also smoking a pack a day for over 20years could be a factor.

next sunday Imma get the 3k in withotu barfing I hope.

Nice work on quiting smoking after so long.

My dad smoked for about that long (longer probably) then quit for about half a year before taking it up again <facepalm>.

Had a series of shit things happen reciently startign with Pnemonia, then going into a close friend dying. Made it to the gym today for a light kinda get back into it workout.

Squat 3x5 205lbs felt ok pissed its not at 230lbs like oit was but it will get there

Bench 3x5 210lbs felt ok again pissed its not at 225 like it shoudl be.

looking fwd to friday for another light workout before I start back at it monday.

Sept 27th 2010

Went back today with a vengance an dhad one of th ebest workouts in a long time.
My ipod was dead and a *** was in my powerrack and justin bieber "baby" was blasting but I zoned in ice grilled my way to a squat rack and actually finsihed a full 3x5 for the first time since my phnemonia.

Squat 3x5 210lbs felt good gonna try to add 5lbs a workout till im back to 230lbs

SOHP 3x5 125lbs felt good gonna add more friday

powercleans 3x5 140lbs fucking destroyed these felt like an animal.

Feels good to have the fire again alothough the weights ar ealot less then before I can get them back up in no time.

I think Im going to stick with 3x5 routine until I can squat 1.5 my BW. 5x5 is alot for a old timer an dI think Im going to start muai thai around the corner from me soon.

Sept 30/2010

Squat 3x5 215lbs no problem gonna add 5lbs saturday

Bench 3x5 210lbs no problem

deadlift 1x5 315lbs hard as fuck but felt good.

looking fwd to saturday

Oct 2/2010

Squat 3x5 220lbs felt good gonna add lbs next wqorkout

SOHP 3x5 125lbs

Powercleans 3x5 150lbs was hard but felt good fucking love powercleans man

Oct 5th 2010

Squat 3x5 225lbs
was hard probably gonna stick with this weight for the rest of the week.

Bench 3x5 215lbs
was challenging

deadlift 1x5 315lbs was hard but not as hard as last week, gonna add weight friday.

feels good to be almost back to where I was before I got sick. another week and Im there

Oct 9 2010

Missed thursdays workout. No good reason just one of those things.

squat 3x5 225lbs

shop 3x5 125lbs

power cleans 5x3 155lbs

October 20th

pissed at myself lately for being so fuckign lazy and smoking a pack a day.

squat 3x5 205lb

bench 3x5 205 lb

deadlift 1x5 315lb

Back