My quest for sanity and strength.

Baconator69**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quick bio, I turn 35 in august, have always been athletic played hockey from age 6 to 16, boxed from age 13 to 25, then I met my baby momma who is a blood sucking leech.(got rid of her fat ass about 2 year sago) Did not go to the gym for about 6 years lost alot of muscle and felt like shit. My workouts were typical bench and curl monkey styles back then. I never squatted until 6 months ago. I have been doing a basic 3x5 routine for the past 6 months, but not really sticking with it. I typically go for a month straight then drink my ass off for 3 weeks. I have been through alot reciently in my personal life and I really believe that workouts keep me from choking people who annoy me. So to keep sane I need to stick to this program.

Not good for my goals which are as follows.

- Go 3x a week to the gym

- Go back to BJJ at least 2 times a week and get my fucking blue belt.

- By Jan 2011 squat 1.5 times my BW

- By Jan 2011 bench teh 275

- By Jan 2011 Press bw

- By Jan 2011 Deadlift 450

- By Jan 2011 Powerclean bw

- I also want to get my body weight above 200lbs, Im at 185-190 right now and have started the GOMAD which I'm going to do for the next 30 days

- quit smoking within the next month.

- Crush an apple in my hand to impress and terrify co workers lol.

I have the next month or so off of work so I am able to eat and rest how I see fit which is fucking nice.

here is my workout routine and current weights Im lifting. Im 5'10 and 187ish lbs

workout a

squat 5x5 - 185lbs
press 5x5 105 lbs
powerclean 5x5 135lbs
chins 3x failure

workout b

squat 5x5 - 185 lbs
bench 5x5 190 lbs
deadlift 1x5 305 lbs
dips 3x failure

I also plan to do some lever work once a week as I hate my forearms and puny girly wrists.

for conditioning once I go back to BJJ I will do the ross training sequential fatigue challenge once a week. reluctantly though it is fucking hell.

Monday July 19

squat 185lbs 5x5. felt good looking forward to my squat catching up to my bench was nice to slap on a 25lb plate instead of the 10-10-2.5

Press 105 5x5. I feel that this is going to plateau soon it is getting difficult to add weight

Powercleans 135 lbs 5x5. Love these mostly because people look at me like Im fucking nuts pulling weight off the floor and jumping with it as I clean it.

Chins set 1 -7 set 2 -5 set 3 -3

all in all good workout and Im slamming back the gallon of milk with out any issues, and I just got a flyer in the mail advertising a 6.99 all you can eat lunch buffet that I will demolish tomorrow.

July 21, 2010

Thanks Pro Killer

Squats 5x5 @ 185lbs
Bench 5x5 @ 190 lbs
Deadlift 1x5 @ 295lbs
Dip- none today

Was a below average workout today, I woke from a nap and was in a shitty mood and just plain tired.

Got to the gym and felt sluggish during my warm up squats, things picked up when I got a sweat on though.

After my last set of bench I felt my shoudler get kinda sore, I kinda fucked it up a bit last week going to low on dips (I think thats what caused it anyway) So I decided to skip the dips and kinda let it rest.

Deadlifts at 295 was fucking hard to do 5 reps I had to take about a minute after 3 but I finished it.

Im finishing off my last liter of Milk, the GOMAD is going well, I like drinking alot of milk and am not having any problems so far with it.

edit: just stepped on the scale and have gone from 187 to 193 since monday lol.....GOMAD is no joke

Last edited:
So last thursday I painted my apartment, had a buddy help me, ended up being a 4 day drinking bender. No good for training, but got back to the gym today and had a decient workout.
Also back on the GOMAD

Squat 5x5 190lbs
Press 5x5 110lbs felt good lookign fwd to teh 135 lol
powercleans 3x5 140lbs was fuckind dead tired and [pussied out the last two sets
chins 3 sets 13/8/6

Squat 5x5 190lbs,
Im gonna go for 200lbs monday instead of the regualr 5lbs a week jump. Somethign about squatting down real low with a heavy weight (for me anyway) that gives me a hard on.

Bench 5x5 195lbs felt good shoulder felt good

deadlift 1x5 300lbs, still real hard to do 5 reps without a pause.

Dips 3 sets of 10, took care not to go to far below parallel as Im fairly certain its what crancked my shoulder a couple weeks ago.

And for shit and giggles I did soem barbell curls for teh GUNZ, may do it once a week on friday at the end of my workout, you know cuz chicks like teh GUNZ.

Looking forward to adding more weight to my lifts next week.

Im also getting alot of sleep and still rockign GOMAD.

Minus the babymama, we have a lot in common there. I just started lifting again last year after I hit 31 and never squatted or did deads before that. The old curl/ bench monkey in me still shows after almost 9 months training as my bench max is about 86% of my squat. How I wish I would have known hot to lift like a man when I was 18.

Good luck sticking with the program this time and your other goals.

I hear ya Double B. Like that Rod Stwerat song, all I knew was what I read in fucking Flex magazine and shit...horrible. No interwebz to let me know about one Mr Mark Rippetoe. I would be a fucking monster....

August 2 2010

Felt lazy as fuck today, but I fucked my girl had a quick nap then headed to the gym, and had a pretty good workout.

Squat 5x5 200lbs.

Felt great going up 10lbs from fridays workout, I really feel the strength increase in my legs. Im liking it alot. Gonna stay at 200lbs wed but gonna up it to 205 for friday.

Press 5x5 115lbs

Was very difficult had to take longer rests in betwen sets as I crapped out on the second one and stalled on teh last two reps. was nice to put a 35lb [plate on each side. Looking forward to the 45lbs on each side.

Powercleans- felt something funny in my kneecap, kinda liek when I dotn warm up properly for squats. Did not want to fuck with a potential injury so I decied to do some barbell shrugs.

Shrugs 5 sets 8/8/6/6/4 of teh 225lb

Chins 3sets 9/5/4 did them without much rest. Alot of room for improvement here I used to be able to do them like nothing, but I was 40 lbs lighter then.

Overall, great workout when a coupel hours prior I was thinking of excuses not to go in my head. Nice when that happens

sidenote: was maddoging and of course hogging the powerrack while this retard sat in the legpress machiene looking at me doing a mans workout covered in chalk. Was funny also was a weird ass guy at teh seated bench pres smachine with a bad combover, tight kahkis a hip pouch, black velcro shoes and glasses.....guy was funny looking had to hold in a lol, when refillign water

August 4 2010

SQUAT 5x5 200lbs
felt good gonna add 5lbs friday

Bench 5x5 200lbs
felt good

Deadlift 1x5 300lbs
kept the same weight as last week because I was struggling doing 5 reps without gassing and having to takle a breather. Today went much better I was able to bang them out only stopping to reset grip properly. Also my grip strength is getting stronger as my warm up sets of TEH 225 did not slip at all from my grip.....good stuff.

Dips 3set 12/10/8....gonna add weight next time with the belt.....

happy Im getting stronger, gaining alot of weight with this gomad shit, Im up to 197 so Im going to hit my goal; of 200lbs fiarly easy.

August 6 2010

Squat 5x5 205lbs

felt ok but really stressed my lower back, not painful just teh muscle was really tight

SOHP 5x5 115lbs

Still fucking hard, having to rest longer than I would like to get through a set, had to give a little legpress action on teh very last rep of the 5th set. Gonna get it up to 120lbs next wednsday.

Powercleans 3x5 140lbs

Im so fuckign tired by the time I get tio powercleans I only do 3 sets. I guess this is ok.

Chins 3 sets 8/8/6

Did some barbells curls for TEH GUNZ. something like 5 sets including warm up.

Sidenote: This 4L of homo milk a day is like fuckimg steriods. I keep gaining weight and muscle was 199.8lbs when I woke up this am.

Don't let that milk turn you into a fatty.

Are you doing t&g deadlifts? There is nothing wrong with stopping at the bottom for a couple of seconds and taking a big breath or two.

t&g? whats that? I do the over under grip and bang those motherfuckers out

t&g? whats that? I do the over under grip and bang those motherfuckers out

That was in reference to this. I just forgot to quote you.

August 4 2010

Deadlift 1x5 300lbs
kept the same weight as last week because I was struggling doing 5 reps without gassing and having to takle a breather. Today went much better I was able to bang them out only stopping to reset grip properly. Also my grip strength is getting stronger as my warm up sets of TEH 225 did not slip at all from my grip.....good stuff.

I always reset at the bottom of my deadlift on work sets. A lot of people do 'touch and go' like it sounds like you are doing, but reseting at the bottom is perfectly acceptable. It is much easier to control your breathing this way.

Yeah I pause at the bottom to reset my grip and make sure my back and shit is in the correct position. But before however I was actuallystopping and having to rest for a few moments.

August 10 2010

Squat 5x5 210lbs
felt good no lower back stiffness

Bench Press 5x5 205lbs

No issues

Deadlift w/u sets 245lbs then 1x5 305.

Felt really good, I think deadlifts are becomming my favorite lift, I scrapped up my shin and it was bleeding through my white swishy pants, was kinda hardcore. Im going to add 10lbs to fridays for TEH 315!!!!!

Dips 3 sets with 10lbs added, 10/8/6 reps.

August 12th 2010

Shit workout today, got in an argument with the old lady as she was nagging on the way hoem from me picking her ass up from work.....she can take the fuckign bus tomorrow.

anyhow

Squats 5x5 210lbs

felt good actually gonna add 5lbs saturday

SOHP 5x5 120lbs

was ok not as hard as I expected

Powercleans 2x5 145lbs

Pussied out on these and went home after two sets, was hungry and in a bad mood.

Tomorrow is my birthday gonna try to get a BJ when I wake up.

August 16th 2010

Missed saturdays workout due to severe hangover, Friday was my 35th birthday.

Today

Squat 5x5 215lbs

felt really good, gonna go for TEH 225, wednsday.

bench 5x5 210lbs

felt good

deadlft w/u 245lbs then 1x5 315lbs

was cool to stick 3 plates on a side. was challenging probably stick with the same weight on friday then bump it up next week.

didnt do dips I got a call from the wife to pick her up for a Dr appointment.

Back