My PSMF diet log

raw strength

White Belt
Reaction score
Just finished reading the rapid fat loss handbook by Lyle McDonald and about to start this up today!*

Today I work and going to do IF today. My first meal will be around 2pm and is 5 egg whites and 3 slice of fat free cheese. Second meal is a whey shake and last meal is the same as the first meal.*

Supplements I am using is Erase, DAA and HGH-UP. I am also taking the ECA stack*

Wish me luck!

Good luck mate. I've done a RFL/PSMF cut and seriously heed Lyle's advice when he says not to use any protein powders. The extra satiety from eating whole foods really helps, especially as the days drag on.

Good luck mate. I've done a RFL/PSMF cut and seriously heed Lyle's advice when he says not to use any protein powders. The extra satiety from eating whole foods really helps, especially as the days drag on.

Thanks for the support bud

If you dont mind me asking what was your weight and bodyfat % before and after the PSMF? And how long did you do it for?

Right now I am thinking of shooting for 4-6 weeks. Seeing how I progress and if I can handle the repetitive meals and low calories for.

No worries man, i'll pop in to check your progress every now and then, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Here's my measurements from my most recent, slightly altered PSMF (I did more cardio and weight training than he permits but had more frequent refeeds. Sometimes one, sometimes two a week)

Start date - Monday the 22nd, weight = 88.1kg
Sunday the 28th, weight = 82.7kg
Sunday the 4th, weight = 81.4kg
Sunday the 11th, weight = 79.9kg
Sunday the 18th, weight = 81.1kg
Sunday the 25th, weight = 79.5kg
Sunday the 2nd, weight = 82.3kg
Sunday the 9th, weight = 81.8kg
Sunday the 16th, weight = 77.7kg

Bodyfat percent, according to an online calculator went from approx 18% to 10.6%
I know they aren't precise but it gives you a solid measurement to compare with.
So I dropped just over 10 kgs and dropped body fat percent quite a bit.

PSMF is hard and taxing but boy does it work.
Good luck! Find what motivates you and hold onto it.

Wow 18 to 10% is impressive! I wasnt expecting those results, might be enough to motivate me to stick with it. 9 weeks is a long time though.. I am thinking my max will be 6 weeks and then a week off and maybe 4-6 more weeks.

Was your macros the same as he suggested in the book? Right now my numbers are 135g on off day, 165 on cardio day and 187g protein on weight training day. Fat intake is only from my fish oil and carbs just about non existent.

One more thing, were you taking ECA for this?

I think it's safe to say i'm sitting at a higher BF% than 10, but the point I wanted to show was that from taking all my measurements at the start and comparing to the end the online BF% calculator gave me something to quantify my measurements with.. if that makes sense. At the start of the diet I was really bloated from a big carb load hence the massive water weight drop of 5 or so kgs in the first week.

Yeh I kept my macros the same as the book however if I was really drained I would raise my protein a bit, and I didn't limit my refeeds. Just shoved down as many carbs with a good carb:fat ratio as I could. I would buy pancakes which have a 40:1 fat ratio or something and chow down.

I didn't use ECA. I wish I could get my hands on some of it. I would also recommend becoming very friendly with vegetables. They really help. Also once I saw that Broccoli and Cauliflower had anti-aromatase properties I made sure to eat alot of them. Whole World Botanicals - We provide fair trade services with indigenous communies for natural herbal remedies

Also check these out, if you can find some of these they really help for days you want something new Shirataki noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I found them in my 4th or 5th week, I can't quite remember but they were so helpful to get through the rough days.

Right now for my refeeds I am planning on having 1 cheat meal a week and one 5 hour window of carb loading a week. They wont be all out cheats really as they still will be somewhat structured and controlled. This is per his book and I may adjust later on but so far this is what I am planning.

BTW, thanks for the tid bit on the noodles. Zero net carbs!!! How do they taste and how did you usually eat them?

Yeh that sounds solid to me, stick to what he recommends. I go a bit nutty if I can't exercise when i'm dieting so I trained more and so compensated on my refeeds.

The noodles I got are packaged in this liquid which smells like seafood, so you just wash it off under hot water for a minute or so. They really don't taste like anything but it's the thought that you are eating noodles I found most satisfying. I'd usually get 200-300grams of lean chicken in a pan, the noodles, spinach and some low calorie sauces like salsa (which he says is free) or a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce with a bit of water mixed through to make it go a bit further.

Chicken, noodles and teriyaki sauce sounds good. Thanks again for the tip. Ima go to the grocery store and see if I can find this. If not I think there is a asian market around here that should have it.

Diet for today is:

First meal was 4oz chicken breast baked in franks red hot sauce followed by a cup of cottage cheese mixed with a tbsp of fat free/sugar free cool whip and about 8g of sugar free pudding mix (delicious!)

Second meal was these protein muffins I have been making. I take a egg white and put it in a coffee mug and then add a scoop of whey and microwave. I had two of these and just put a tbsp of the cool whip on top. I used whey to build peanut butter crunch powder (from NTBM) and it was a great snack.

Last meal is going to be 5 egg whites and some fat free cheese.

I need to work on getting my veggies in.

Chicken, noodles and teriyaki sauce sounds good. Thanks again for the tip. Ima go to the grocery store and see if I can find this. If not I think there is a asian market around here that should have it.

Diet for today is:

First meal was 4oz chicken breast baked in franks red hot sauce followed by a cup of cottage cheese mixed with a tbsp of fat free/sugar free cool whip and about 8g of sugar free pudding mix (delicious!)

Second meal was these protein muffins I have been making. I take a egg white and put it in a coffee mug and then add a scoop of whey and microwave. I had two of these and just put a tbsp of the cool whip on top. I used whey to build peanut butter crunch powder (from NTBM) and it was a great snack.

Last meal is going to be 5 egg whites and some fat free cheese.

I need to work on getting my veggies in.

The veggies were hard for me to work in when I tried this diet as well. IIRC, carrots were a no go and that is probably my favorite veggie to snack on raw. I'm not a big fan of most greens and usually have to force them down with some cheese sauce.

Check out his web site if you haven't already. There is a forum there and Lyle is actually very active in answering questions. (or at least used to be, I haven't checked it in a long time)

Not to make you go all unhealthy and do this diet the "wrong" way, but I just wanted share my experience with it... I did pretty much everything you're not supposed to do, and it worked fine, without any problems. I should also note that I'm just 19, so maybe it only worked fine and everything, because I'm young and I can get away with doing whatever I want? I don't know...

By doing pretty much everything you're not supposed to, I mean-
I was basically just living off high % protein whey shakes on some days (most days, to be honest) - on almost all days, at least 75g of protein was from whey shakes.
I was smoking weed everyday.
I didn't drink that much water, just the normal +- gallon a day, or just how much I felt like drinking.
I did sleep 6+ hours most of the days, but not on all days.
I didn't eat much veggies, I didn't take potassium or whatever is recommended, only thing I took was fish oil.
I didn't even eat the recommended amount of protein- I estimate my lbm at 160-170lbs, and often I ate just about 140g protein daily.
Most of the solid food I ate was either chicken breast/cottage cheese/canned tuna/cucumber.
I didn't do ANY (not even much walking) physical activity besides lifting weights, and it was 2 times a week at most, usually just once a week.
In the last few weeks, I basically switched to a protein shake diet only, using a 60% whey protein/25% carb powder, and again, weight loss was just fine, even though I was eating quite a few carbs at this point.
I didn't do a structured re-feed too many times, and it was pretty random if it happened... however I did have a free meal more times in one week than I was supposed to, on quite a few occasions - but I did keep these meals somehow normal, and I tried to make them "diet"-ish.

Not saying you should do it like I did, I'm sure I didn't do it optimally... but it still worked VERY well. I'm very consistent with logging my lifting, and besides my squat, non of my lifts went down much, even though I lost a solid 22lbs in about 8 weeks (by that I mean without water weight fluctuation). For example, my deadlift went from about 500 to 485, my overhead press went from 200 to 192,5. So I don't think I lost much lean body mass.

I think the safety precautions and whatever are bit overdone by Lyle in this book. My interpretation of this whole diet is - "eat as little as possible for the most weight loss, while getting in enough protein" ..at least 1g protein per pound of LBM is enough too imo, but you can't go wrong with more. The other stuff (potassium/whatever...) you do that for health reasons, hunger satiety, etc, but the point is that you eat protein to keep your muscles, and the caloric deficit causes the weight loss.

I, for some reason am very weird with food, and can eat a ton of it if I feel like it, or I can fast for a week, without any problems... I just get used to it in a matter of days.

Only problems I'd have is hunger before sleeping, which would not allow me to fall asleep. When you've also smoked some pot, it can be quite bad.... so in that case, I'd just eat some more cottage cheese, maybe some rice,and maybe have some bread with butter or something.

Definitely don't be afraid that if for some reason you eat say 150g protein/ 60g carbs/ 60g fat , that the dieting progress of that day is ruined, or will be much slower, and you'll lose muscle. The difference will be minimal from eating the recommended 200/20/20 or whatever it is.

Again, the whole thing is a bit overdone imo... the point is, that you eat enough protein to keep your muscles, and the less you eat of the rest, the more weight you lose - so just eat as few calories as possible, while getting enough protein. If I were to do it again, I'd add oatmeal to the list of foods that I'd eat very often, and make up for eating it by adding some cardio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back