My prediction - Khabib retires 30-0 and will never return

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Bold prediction on my part with Conor having a decent chance to embarrass Khabib next month, but I feel Khabib will dominate him, get rid of him, defend the title 3 more times and retire. Tony, Lee and GSP/Diaz/Poirier are the rest of the three fights.

I think he realizes his skill set, size and opponents better than I've seen any one speak. He's also very aware to not stay too long in this game.

I think out of all the fights, Conor is the most dangerous as well as the easiest. If by the working of the weird world, he gets Aldo'd, Khabib will never see himself in the mirror the same again.

Khabib is the only guy I feel who will retire undefeated in this deadly game.

Nah he will start making cash after this fight and that will keep him around

Conor is he most dangerous and the easiest

Ohhhkkkkkk !

Conor is he most dangerous and the easiest

Ohhhkkkkkk !
Stylistically he is the easiest fight. But the scale of the fight is obscene. Khabib could take a loss to Tony or Gsp and rub it off... Imagine losing to Conor after all the build up. It will break him.

GSP won't be allowed to fight again, certainly not outside of WW. Dana feels butthurt because he got played.
Khabib seems to genuinely love the sport, like Tony. I don't see him quitting before he absolutely has to. He doesn't look like he's fighting for money or fame, doesn't even seem a little interested in those things. Khabib, like a lot of fighters, just wants to scrap. I would have said the same thing about Conor before he turned into an instagram whore but now I can't give him that same type of respect. Great fighter who's here for money, which is fine.

GSP won't be allowed to fight again, certainly not outside of WW. Dana feels butthurt because he got played.
Khabib seems to genuinely love the sport, like Tony. I don't see him quitting before he absolutely has to. He doesn't look like he's fighting for money or fame, doesn't even seem a little interested in those things. Khabib, like a lot of fighters, just wants to scrap. I would have said the same thing about Conor before he turned into an instagram whore but now I can't give him that same type of respect. Great fighter who's here for money, which is fine.
I remember an interview of Khabib saying something along the lines of he won't fight after he feels he's out of his prime and felt that is in another 2-3 years. And his plan was to coach. He wants to clear out any challenge there is atm, but I don't think he's the sort to take everything personal and come out of retirement to make a point.

I also think kind of the same, I just don't have the feeling that he is in for the long run, and it would be great to retire undefeated. Conor, GSP and then bye bye

I remember an interview of Khabib saying something along the lines of he won't fight after he feels he's out of his prime and felt that is in another 2-3 years. And his plan was to coach. He wants to clear out any challenge there is atm, but I don't think he's the sort to take everything personal and come out of retirement to make a point.
Yeah I agree with you on that. I bet Khabib would be an incredible grappling coach.

Tony is the most dangerous. He has to beat showtime tho. Lee lost via sub to Tony in last year so he needs to win some fights. Dont think gsp can make 155. I wrote earlier in a thread I thought he would beat Conor, then Tony and Diamond.. retire 29 and 0 unless the 30 win plateau is to tempting for his legacy. I think it totally depends on Tony. They stated that fight interested them so if they both wins it will happen.

Tony is the most dangerous. He has to beat showtime tho. Lee lost via sub to Tony in last year so he needs to win some fights. Dont think gsp can make 155. I wrote earlier in a thread I thought he would beat Conor, then Tony and Diamond.. retire 29 and 0 unless the 30 win plateau is to tempting for his legacy. I think it totally depends on Tony. They stated that fight interested them so if they both wins it will happen.

The Tony fight is the fight they want the most as long both keep their winning streak. They consider Conor as a money fight.

The Tony fight is the fight they want the most as long both keep their winning streak. They consider Conor as a money fight.
I agree, i think just as much for money, Khabib wants to beat up Conor. I know they want Tony as next fight, and he deserves it if he beats Anthony.

I don't think Khabib really needs a lot of cash and he is sausage fest all day. In his mind, he probably wants to do it for his country and his religion. The religion part is something hard to break.

And his undefeated cousin Umar will take over at 135-145.

He retires after he beat Conor, loses to Tony and beats Woodley/Covington for the WW strap.

3, maybe 4 more fights.

Back