My phone chimes at 4:20 AM

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As the topic says, my Android phone chimes a 4:20 AM waking me and the green light starts flashing. I check the phone and it is requesting permission to update Chrome and a couple of other apps also connected to Google. It's bad enough when I get a voicemail in the middle of the night that was left 12 hours earlier. Just another reason that this will be my last "smart" phone.

Anybody else get these update requests in the middle of the night?

Turn the sounds off derp

Turn off update sound and light notifications. My phone lets me know when updates are available, but it doesn't make any noise or blink the light. It just pops up on the top of my phone, and I swipe it away. User error woke you up this morning.

Never happened to me. If you need the alarm on your phone, but don't want to be interrupted, set your phone to airplane mode before you sleep. Smart phone doesn't work with stupid user.

When I buy a Cheeseburger and Fries from In-N-Out the total comes out to be $4.20

My phone sings me a song and puts me to sleep.Depends how you look at it.

iStock_glass-half-full-XSmall.jpg

Turn off the sounds ?

Turn off the phone ?

As the topic says, my Android phone chimes a 4:20 AM waking me and the green light starts flashing. I check the phone and it is requesting permission to update Chrome and a couple of other apps also connected to Google. It's bad enough when I get a voicemail in the middle of the night that was left 12 hours earlier. Just another reason that this will be my last "smart" phone.

Anybody else get these update requests in the middle of the night?

Since 420 is a sacred number to me I would not be to annoyed and most likely take it as a sign to fire one up.

I have the Default Notification sound set to silent but apparently it doesn't mean what I think it means. I don't see any setting for the display alerts but I can lay the phone face down so they don't show. I'd turn the damn phone off but I'm on call on a few alarm systems.

Could of sworn this was going to be a stoner thread. Kinda disappointed.

My androids set so it just updates apps automatically without making any noises or blinking and all that. It just shows up on the notification bar

turn off your life, that should do the trick.

Up until those last couple of sentences, I was sure this was a stoner thread. Massive failure on your part TS. You need to take a second, and realign your chi.

This is your last smart phone because of those seemingly minor annoyances? So, are you going back to a flip phone?

makes noise at 4:20?

green light starts blinkiing?

obviously you're supposed to blaze up.

Turn off update sound and light notifications. My phone lets me know when updates are available, but it doesn't make any noise or blink the light. It just pops up on the top of my phone, and I swipe it away. User error woke you up this morning.

This

Back