My personal thoughts on Jones.

Inabox

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For me it's a love/hate relationship. I love the way he fights. Everything about it. I don't even mind the front knee kicks.
In fact if he could land a front knee kick then use that as a step up to land a knee with his other leg to the chin, God that would be some bruse Lee shit.
I also like his positivity most of the time. Like his choice in walk out music last night. The cage is his home

What I don't like is the way he talks. Talks all about love for God and stuff the he had that dui. Took two years to marry his babies momma.
I also just don't like the sound of his voice but that's just me. He can just be to police sometimes.

But most of all I understand he's young, he's being told he's the best. He's got the money sponsors. He's got to brothers in the nfl so he's around tons of stuff, most of us aren't. He's doing the best he can.

I don't know if I cold do better. In my early 20's I was kind of a raging drunk and man whore. I respect him, but it's a 50/50 if I'll root for him. All depends on who he's fighting.

Just my 2 cents. Discuse. How do you feel?

What I don't like is the way he talks. Talks all about love for God and stuff the he had that dui. Took two years to marry his babies momma.

Lord... It's his life, not yours...

Me, I just don't care if he drive with DUI, it's not a good thing, ok, but come on, it's not my business.

Great fighter, only that matter.

Thats the 1st tıme I see the weakness ın hıs eyes

Lord... It's his life, not yours...

Me, I just don't care if he drive with DUI, it's not a good thing, ok, but come on, it's not my business.

Great fighter, only that matter.

I know it his life. Just saying how I feel about the man.

Thats the 1st tıme I see the weakness ın hıs eyes

That wasn't weakness. What you saw was doubt. Every great fighter must experience this at some point to know how they'd react. Jones reacted by nearly finishing Gus in the 4th and out pointing him via cardio in the 5th. Jones showed a lot of character and heart in this fight as well as a great chin, all things that his haters had been questioning.

For me it's a love/hate relationship. I love the way he fights. Everything about it. I don't even mind the front knee kicks.
In fact if he could land a front knee kick then use that as a step up to land a knee with his other leg to the chin, God that would be some bruse Lee shit.
I also like his positivity most of the time. Like his choice in walk out music last night. The cage is his home

I also just don't like the sound of his voice but that's just me. He can just be to police sometimes.

But most of all I understand he's young, he's being told he's the best. He's got the money sponsors. He's got to brothers in the nfl so he's around tons of stuff, most of us aren't. He's doing the best he can.

I don't know if I cold do better. In my early 20's I was kind of a raging drunk and man whore. I respect him, but it's a 50/50 if I'll root for him. All depends on who he's fighting.

I suspect the walk out music had some money tie-in with Assassin's Creed since that song is used to market the game.

I am a huge Jones fan and I have been since he first arrived. I loved his story and why he started fighting. I am not blind to the fact that he has changed with success but I am still a huge fan. I think as he grows older and matures he will become one of the really likable guys in the ufc. However, until then He will continue to be a heel for most people.

I suspect the walk out music had some money tie-in with Assassin's Creed since that song is used to market the game.

This is the theme of Wrestlemania as well. Moody shit.

I don't care how he is outside of fighting. I enjoy his fights. Is he my favorite? No

That wasn't weakness. What you saw was doubt. Every great fighter must experience this at some point to know how they'd react. Jones reacted by nearly finishing Gus in the 4th and out pointing him via cardio in the 5th. Jones showed a lot of character and heart in this fight as well as a great chin, all things that his haters had been questioning.

Word

Ya see Jones still finds a way to win.He will continue to do this to the dismay of haters.

Just look close hım durıng the breaks,I ve never seen hım desperate tıll that moment,gus destroyed hıs confıdence

If Alex would have added a leg kick to all his combos he would have won

That's basically it. His fighting is amazing, his positivity is great.

The way he talks about god, "being blessed" and "the power from above", "peace and respect", then gets inside the ring and breakes peoples' bones, that just annoys me. It feels awkward and fake. Btw, almost all Brazilian fighters do that as well, I'm just glad I can't understand what they're saying most of the time.

"The god of peace and acceptance demands these broken bones and torn flesh!" Sounds a lot like radical muslims.

Back