My personal favorite street fight

As someone who's trained BJJ, holding mount on someone a lot larger than yourself isn't as easy as it seems. Lots of things work for the big guy that shouldn't to escape and reverse mount. Unless you've really drilled holding mount on someone a lot bigger than you it's hard work keeping them there.
Interesting.

To me it seems ridiculous that he had the guy on his back and he let him out the back door. Big men aren't known for their dexterity.

Interesting.

To me it seems ridiculous that he had the guy on his back and he let him out the back door. Big men aren't known for their dexterity.
The gracies broke down this video and claimed the big guy had to have some BJJ experience.

I disagree. I think hes just fought alot and knew what to do on instinct. I didn't see any advanced bjj technique here

Fucked homey up old school like.No quarter until his boy stopped it.

Is in trouble now
Is in trouble now
Is in trouble nowWWWW
WAZZSGONNADOOOOOOO!?

Absolutely won me

The gracies broke down this video and claimed the big guy had to have some BJJ experience.

I disagree. I think hes just fought alot and knew what to do on instinct. I didn't see any advanced bjj technique here
To me it looks like it's very likely he wrestled in high school. That's a thing in the south. The way he grabbed dudes leg and turned out the back door makes it look like he wrestled to me.

Even still though, stand up, turn out, and start throwing bombs. Don't let him escape out the back door and get on top of you. Worst situation he could have been in.

It is apparent those yokels fight a lot though. Dude that was in the fight casually gets up post beating and strolls away like nothing happened lol.

Is in trouble now
Is in trouble now
Is in trouble nowWWWW
WAZZSGONNADOOOOOOO!?

Absolutely won me

"Aint nobody trying to jump NOBODY!"

Was my favorite line.

To me it looks like it's very likely he wrestled in high school. That's a thing in the south. The way he grabbed dudes leg and turned out the back door makes it look like he wrestled to me.

Even still though, stand up, turn out, and start throwing bombs. Don't let him escape out the back door and get on top of you. Worst situation he could have been in.

It is apparent those yokels fight a lot though. Dude that was in the fight casually gets up post beating and strolls away like nothing happened lol.
I'm from a small central texas town and we used to fight for fun at the bus stop. There isnt alot else to do

I'm from a small central texas town and we used to fight for fun at the bus stop. There isnt alot else to do
Heard that. OKC here. There's a little more to do, I just think we like fighting as much as anything else. I didn't wrestle competitively, but it's part of the culture here, so most kids know a little about it. That's why you see so many Oklahoma State wrestlers who are actually from Oklahoma.

This guy very well could just be a big dude who fights a lot, but that he knew how to leverage the guy makes me think he has some degree of wrestling experience. No way in hell that guy has ever trained BJJ though. I like the Gracies well enough, but they seem to have a hard time understanding that a lot of BJJ is done in regular amateur wrestling too, which has been around a lot longer.

I'm not sure if you know this but that guy was from NY. We got a bad ass over here.

Big guy most certainly wrestled in high school.

NY guy most certainly wrestled never, and probably didn't assume for a single second that the fight would go to the ground.

How the fuck do you get full mount on a big fat fuck like that and let him grab your leg and slip out the back door? What a fucking moron.

I don't mess with country boys. Most of them have wrestled in high school....at least where I grew up. Or if they didn't wrestle in high school they most certainly have that Matt Hughes country boy strength from doing chores and crap all day and fighting their brothers and neighbors. You get a 250lber on you like that you are in big trouble.

This was always my favorite street fight.

Interesting.

If you watch it carefully the black guy never really has mount. He ends up in a one knee up one knee down across the big guy's upper back. He has no stability or weight down on the other guy at all plus he's too high up which is why it is so easy for the guy to slip him off. And the way the big guy reaches for the leg while reversing him looks to me like he has at least a little wrestling as others have noted.

If you watch it carefully the black guy never really has mount. He ends up in a one knee up one knee down across the big guy's upper back. He has no stability or weight down on the other guy at all plus he's too high up which is why it is so easy for the guy to slip him off. And the way the big guy reaches for the leg while reversing him looks to me like he has at least a little wrestling as others have noted.
I mean, I noted the wrestling myself, multiple times.

The mount thing is semantics. You know what I meant.

I mean, I noted the wrestling myself, multiple times.

The mount thing is semantics. You know what I meant.
I'm not just being pedantic, I'm just making a point about he had never had mount or any stable dominant position. It was a scramble and it was obvious the black kid didn't know anything or he could have secured a dominant position be it mount or rear mount. Transitions are the ideal time to reverse or escape positions. Once a position gets really settled they are much harder to escape.

I'm not just being pedantic, I'm just making a point about he had never had mount or any stable dominant position. It was a scramble and it was obvious the black kid didn't know anything or he could have secured a dominant position be it mount or rear mount. Transitions are the ideal time to reverse or escape positions. Once a position gets really settled they are much harder to escape.
Well, I do agree, you're right, but the main point of my posts is that the guy was a moron. All he needed to do to possibly change the outcome of the situation is sit down, or find another way to not give up position. It never even occurred to him that there would be grappling involved, which I've been told us a thing in the NE where this guy is from. Punches only, sometimes other strikes. But they definitely have some kind of unwritten laws of the street where grappling isn't a thing. I concede that maybe things are different today, but I've known many people who grew up in NY and Boston and Baltimore, and they all seem to agree that you box, no wrestling or grappling. The fact that the dude in the vid didn't make an attempt to keep position on the ground shows that he had no intention of grappling at all, and was probably naive to the fact that the other guy probably would. From my experience, the vid us a prime example of how most fights between a good ol' boy and a dude from up north goes. I've seen it happen plenty of times, and there is always controversy after the fact bc the wrestler decided to use his skills rather than stand and bang.

Well, I do agree, you're right, but the main point of my posts is that the guy was a moron. All he needed to do to possibly change the outcome of the situation is sit down, or find another way to not give up position. It never even occurred to him that there would be grappling involved, which I've been told us a thing in the NE where this guy is from. Punches only, sometimes other strikes. But they definitely have some kind of unwritten laws of the street where grappling isn't a thing. I concede that maybe things are different today, but I've known many people who grew up in NY and Boston and Baltimore, and they all seem to agree that you box, no wrestling or grappling. The fact that the dude in the vid didn't make an attempt to keep position on the ground shows that he had no intention of grappling at all, and was probably naive to the fact that the other guy probably would. From my experience, the vid us a prime example of how most fights between a good ol' boy and a dude from up north goes. I've seen it happen plenty of times, and there is always controversy after the fact bc the wrestler decided to use his skills rather than stand and bang.
I don't know about the differences between the North East of the states vs. the South as I'm not from the States. All I know is that if you end up on the ground against a bigger guy, without training you can expect to get reversed. Big guys are hard to hold down with training let alone without.

I don't know about the differences between the North East of the states vs. the South as I'm not from the States. All I know is that if you end up on the ground against a bigger guy, without training you can expect to get reversed. Big guys are hard to hold down with training let alone without.
Well, was just trying to give you some insight into why he likely fought the way he did. No worries, bud.

Back