My Padilla & Sons single - excellentness

Drastic

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just started training today for the first time in my new Padilla & Sons single, ordered the A4 top and A3 pants thanks to the great customer service. The Gi is fantastic, very light, soft and strong, the lapel is perfect, not too stiff and not too soft. The patches are limited and it's mostly a nice simple white GI. The pants are my favorite part, it has the 3 loops and they're fit really well, even the drawstring pulls them together perfect. I love this GI.

I might be a bit over the moon due to the fact that I've been training in an HCK Competition Double Weave size 6 jacket for over a year now and from my experience this is literally the devil of all GIs. It's so heavy & thick and you could probably knock someone out with the lapel, the GI is just way too big and heavy even my washing machine would jam every minute or so, even the denim pants are far too thick and wide. So yeah going from the Howard to the Padilla & Sons was a gigantic improvement, loving it. Will probably pick up the Blue Gold Weave sometime soon as well.

Joe is awesome, Joe's gi's are awesome.

You are now awesome too.

Yeah my bad recommending you the HCK i didnt think you were getting the double weave comp lol.

I have the Blue Gold Weave. It kicks ass.

~Foz

Yeah, at the time I thought Howard's were the best since basically every single guy at our club has one so I figured if I'm going to be getting a new GI might aswell be a Howard so I went the extra mile and got the double comp one. The GI would probably last 1000 years of hardcore BJJ rolling on concrete it's built so tough but it's just unrealistic to train in, it's just ridiculously heavy and big especially since I"m wearing the size 6. Anyway this thread's bout the Padilla and it rocks.

My next GI will either be the blue gold weave or the Keico Raca blue one, will have to decide but leaning towards the gold weave. What do ya think Foz?

I was thinking bout ordering the single for summer. My Padilla gold is very heavy when full of sweat and blood. Cant beat Joes customer service. Recommend them to anyone that will listen

Yeah, at the time I thought Howard's were the best since basically every single guy at our club has one so I figured if I'm going to be getting a new GI might aswell be a Howard so I went the extra mile and got the double comp one. The GI would probably last 1000 years of hardcore BJJ rolling on concrete it's built so tough but it's just unrealistic to train in, it's just ridiculously heavy and big especially since I"m wearing the size 6. Anyway this thread's bout the Padilla and it rocks.

My next GI will either be the blue gold weave or the Keico Raca blue one, will have to decide but leaning towards the gold weave. What do ya think Foz?

Keiko Raca is one gi I haven't actually felt or used. I can tell you the gold weave is solid, Codemonkey and myself both have one and we love ours. Top notch.

~Foz

For those who have experience, how do you feel about the single vs the gold weave.

Holy crap it shrunk a fair bit, didn't expect that. Thank god it was already a bit big for me since I ordered the A4 top and A3 pants, now it fits perfect, hope it doesn't shrink anymore though. Great GI.

I had the utmost trouble shrinking my padilla gold weave top. It was like a battle against the god's to shrink it down.

others didnt seem to have that problem XD

~Foz

I had the utmost trouble shrinking my padilla gold weave top. It was like a battle against the god's to shrink it down.

~Foz

~Foz

Hey Foz, what size did you go with, I am about the same size as you? I am leaning towards the A3 (As is also what Joe suggested) but I have heard that the tend to be a little on the baggier side. Thoughts?

Hey Foz, what size did you go with, I am about the same size as you? I am leaning towards the A3 (As is also what Joe suggested) but I have heard that the tend to be a little on the baggier side. Thoughts?

what are your stats at the moment man? I'm starting to bulk up a bit and put on some more muscle and then I'll run it off. I'm 5'11, and sitting around 87-88kg.

I wear an A3 Padilla Goldweave top, and size 6 pants. size 5 pants were just a tad too small in length for me.

~Foz

Im about 6ft and 75 kilos right now, but my shoulders are kind of wide for my size.

only because I can't remember what the gi felt like when I was 77kg. and now I am 10kg heavy and it still feels fine.

~Foz

Im about 6ft and 75 kilos right now, but my shoulders are kind of wide for my size.

we are the same size.
I bought a used P&S gold weave in A3 off of eBay and it fits me fine -- not baggy at all -- although the arms and legs are a bit short which is no big deal.
then again, I have no idea if the person I bought it off put the gi in the dryer or washed it in hot water.
it's my 1st gi and I'm happy with it.

the pants I use might have shrunk a bit I cant remember if i hot washed them too. standard pants might fit.

~Foz

Back